View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 367 of 415 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,340 of 8290
    Banned
    There was death on both sides... fans were cheering and crying at the same time... mummy wrappings were getting mingled with troll-slayer hides... it was BloodBowl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I might have to admin draw my third match in Division B; I go away on the 12, which is the day week 2 is supposed to end, and I will be back late on the 21st, which is the day before week 3 is supposed to end (and also a Sunday night, which is RPS pen and paper roleplay over mumble night).
    If Jarvis and I can arrange something at short notice for Monday 22nd, or if there are delays anyway for other people, I might be able to get my game in. Otherwise we'll have to set it to a draw, I'm afraid.

Activated Node
    Could my Division K game be validated please? I have a silly but pleasing Dwarfy purchase I want to make and the wait is killing me :D

Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    Could my Division K game be validated please? I have a silly but pleasing Dwarfy purchase I want to make and the wait is killing me :D
    On a similar note once my game gets validated I will finally have enough cash for a rather entertaining skaven purchase :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    Match validated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Crunchy Skaven (Ska, Zenohero) 1 - 0 Doomdark's Revenge (Cha, me)

The plucky skaven faced down the implacable chaos horde for a 1-0 win, which was mainly down to the heroics of a couple of gutter runners. First half some comedy blocking from the chaos allowed the skaven to run clear and cage around the end zone. Backtracking beastmen forced a score on turn 5. The chaos needed a quick TD - they charged forward in the centre, and a fight ensued. It came down to a hand off in 2TZs for my 3 armed beastman, then a block, then a 3+ dodge. The last part failed, leaving the score 1-0 at half time.

In the second half Zeno sportingly allowed me an extra turn when the wizard bug ended my turn early, but I still couldn't score. Some brave-dodging-into-cages from linemen and gutter runners slowed the chaos advance down, meaning that a hand off (with a reroll) was needed on the last turn. Sadly this failed, and the day belonged to the rats.

Congrats Zeno - best of luck in the last week of the season

Hey groovy, your mailbox is full so will paste the message I was trying to send you here:

I was just playing my divisions match against snoozer. We got a disconnect at half-time. Two of his level 5 players were dead (one lineman, one blocker) and another blocker KOd at the start of the second drive. The score was nil nil, I was receiving.

His apo was used. Mine was still there. I had a troll KOd and a lino reserve. He was starting with a 10 dwarf squad, me 11.

I managed to fail a gfi in the last turn of the first half to score.

Needless to say things looked pretty grim for snoozer (not to mention adieu to two skilled players).

We leave it in your hands to admin the score as we can't play again this week.

I think Grinn should get the win.

Although it was a genuine cyaniding, it's perfectly understandable if Grinn harbours a niggling doubt about the disconnect - I had lost two lvl 5 players (lost as in dead), and was likely to lose the game. A lesser man might give in to temptation.

Obviously, anything could have happened in the second half, but on the balance of probabilities a 1-0 to Grinn was the most likely outcome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Although it was a genuine cyaniding, it's perfectly understandable if Grinn harbours a niggling doubt about the disconnect - I had lost two lvl 5 players (lost as in dead), and was likely to lose the game. A lesser man might give in to temptation.

Obviously, anything could have happened in the second half, but on the balance of probabilities a 1-0 to Grinn was the most likely outcome.
    To be fair, deaths and disconnects are just more strongly felt when corpses occur. My last 2 - 0 loss was a default but I was genuinely 2 - 0 down on turn 13, but the fact I had killed my opponents Wight made the default really sting now the Wight is right as rain and skipping in the daisy's instead of pushing them up.

Maybe I should request the player retires the player for prosperity.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Just to say that I like the volatility of the current ladder structure.

I've been on the wrong side of a few bad match-ups, and been getting stomped a bit more than I think is my fair share lately, but I think it's worth paying this price for the benefits of playing with more new people, and there being a mentally lower entry barrier to new players or rebooting.

I'm also very against any idea of TV arranging or weighting. Doing so will only delay the difference until Tier 1/Champs, at which point the divide will be even larger.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I'm still in favour of the new ladder structure. Coming up against higher TV teams is just one of those things, learning to use the inducements system to balance things out is one of those things I need to work on - getting the decision right there will go a long way to making life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    I'm still in favour of the new ladder structure. Coming up against higher TV teams is just one of those things, learning to use the inducements system to balance things out is one of those things I need to work on - getting the decision right there will go a long way to making life easier.
    I agree with this. Inducements are a vital part of the game, even in the mutilated state in which they have been implemented in the Cyanide version. RPS coaches mostly are a very nice bunch, so new people might even have an easy time getting used to play teams with varying TVs.
    Forum janitor in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    To be fair, deaths and disconnects are just more strongly felt when corpses occur. My last 2 - 0 loss was a default but I was genuinely 2 - 0 down on turn 13, but the fact I had killed my opponents Wight made the default really sting now the Wight is right as rain and skipping in the daisy's instead of pushing them up.
    Odd. When I had a game DC a while ago and my opponent took the win instead of replaying the stat injury I'd suffered stuck - still got the gimpy Wight to this day. I thought all injuries carried over even if the game DCs later on?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Odd. When I had a game DC a while ago and my opponent took the win instead of replaying the stat injury I'd suffered stuck - still got the gimpy Wight to this day. I thought all injuries carried over even if the game DCs later on?
    I'll check tonight if he's dead

devision K has 1 last match to be validated before week 2 is done for us

This is completely off topic but I've got a Planetside 2 beta key that needs a good home. Any of you fine chaps want it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    This is completely off topic but I've got a Planetside 2 beta key that needs a good home. Any of you fine chaps want it?
    *begs like a dog*
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    I'll check tonight if he's dead
    He's alive.. but i have a draw on the match :(

Sold, to the fouling bastard that my elves still have nightmares about!

Jarvis and I just finished up our Div B match, which was a fairly predictable drubbing for me, given the 350k of inducements I received. No permanent damage done to anything but Rotters, though, so I count that as a win!

That completes week 2 for our division, and as PWeasel mentions above, a prompt rolling on would be beneficial to give him and Jarvis the best chance of getting their week 3 match in. If a kindly admin could do the honors, I'm sure they would be showered with gratitude. ;)