View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 369 of 415 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I'd take a bribe over the babes any day of the week.

Today for example - yep, bribe.
    Drop the reroll for the bribe not the babes unless you're a rookie side. I find rerolls for inducements very negative and very often go wasted. I'd rather take 2 coaches and 2 cheerleaders than take an induced reroll.

I also dont see why you would have to pull all your players out of position for a foul. If you are on offence set up the screen and the cage and the remaining players and part of the screen provide the assists for the foul target. On defence its a bit more situational. If my opponent is short on time I'm unlikely to foul anyway as I want all hands to the pump keeping him out. The exception to this is penultimate turn and only one player is in scoring range. I'm going to foul the crap out of him. If my opponent has lots of time I may throw in fouls at the end of my turn using players who are already positioned as assists. If hes camped out by my endzone with me having little chance at the ball i'm just going to beat on his team to try and make him decide between his team or the stall in which case it doesnt matter that my players are out of position.

Quadskulls, we meet again. Lost to sketchseven due to a skull-skull re-rolled to a ... you guessed it ... skull-skull in the last turn of my half with my ballcarrier at the endline and half my friggin team surrounding him. Frenzy Blitzer tries a cheeky block... the rest is history.

Dammit sketchseven, I thought I had you in my pocket! :) Nice play on your side, too many free blocks given by me though. This will be a memorable game.

Oh and sorry about the deaths.

He-he-he.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Division F - Hertlingbrad Scholars 1 vs 0 Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git

Points of interest:

- Squirrelfanatic has a player called Heliocentric. How can you not gangfoul a player with that name? I didn't resist, but sadly only got a badly hurt for it.
    - Squirrel throwing away a score on turn 8 of the first half because he wanted to hit more of my players. And yes, he rerolled double skulls to double skulls and finished with a turnover and no score.
    - Squirrelfanatic killed my thrower. And a lineman. And had a good go at a blitzer earlier in the half before the apoc stepped in and saved him.

Really not having any luck with the injury dice in the last few matches. The few times I do break armour I only ever seem to get stuns or KOs. Actual SPP scoring injuries are so rare I barely see them. Whereas my teams all seem to be made of much more breakable stuff.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Squirrel throwing away a score on turn 8 of the first half because he wanted to hit more of my players. And yes, he rerolled double skulls to double skulls and finished with a turnover and no score.
    I lost (could have been a draw, maybe even a win) a game with my gobbos due to doing just that. Funnily enough, my opponent was Squirrel. He should have learned from my mistake! ;)

Normally I really don't do this stuff like that. I know better. But man, I really needed to press my advantage during my half because I knew that the humies probably would outrun me in theirs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I might have to admin draw my third match in Division B; I go away on the 12, which is the day week 2 is supposed to end, and I will be back late on the 21st, which is the day before week 3 is supposed to end (and also a Sunday night, which is RPS pen and paper roleplay over mumble night).
    If Jarvis and I can arrange something at short notice for Monday 22nd, or if there are delays anyway for other people, I might be able to get my game in. Otherwise we'll have to set it to a draw, I'm afraid.
    Jarvis went to the trouble of getting his week 2 game in and then playing his div 3 game against me early.
    I almost wish I'd taken the draw - for a game that ended 1-0 to him it felt a lot more one sided than the scoreline would suggest.

If sketchseven's and my game in Division F could be included into the next batch of verifications, that would be rad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    done done 10 chars etc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My next opponent, Karandraz, hasnt posted on the group page yet but he did accept as a steam buddy. I havent managed to catch him online yet. So when does t his week end?

sent cyber a friend request on steam since im assuming you are playing for xenny still

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo View Post
    sent cyber a friend request on steam since im assuming you are playing for xenny still
    Indeed. I can play whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Wait, why do 350k of inducements mean that you'll probably lose? That's a Wizard (those guys are a lady of questionable reputation against Nurgle), an extra re-roll, and two babes right there.
    I actually ended up with a Wizard, an Igor, and two babes. I tend to opt for very defensive inducements against a stronger bashy team, because I'm frankly more concerned with limiting long term damage than winning the match (though that really only applies to the Igor, honestly. . . ).

In this particular case, I feel like the loss was unsurprising because the inducements available offer little that can help make up for my complete lack of Guard. In a bash on bash match, having less Guard than your opponent puts you pretty well on the back foot. Or at least, that's been my experience to date.

Note that this is not to say that Jarvis didn't simply play quite well, nor that my own coaching couldn't have been better. I'm by no means complaining, just observing that the match went largely as I expected. :P

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Just looked at the sheet, something's gone wrong for the Championship table - Janek's win is showing as a draw...<snip>
    Fixed.

(stupid 10 char limit)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    done done 10 chars etc
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    I actually ended up with a Wizard, an Igor, and two babes. I tend to opt for very defensive inducements against a stronger bashy team, because I'm frankly more concerned with limiting long term damage than winning the match (though that really only applies to the Igor, honestly. . . ).

In this particular case, I feel like the loss was unsurprising because the inducements available offer little that can help make up for my complete lack of Guard. In a bash on bash match, having less Guard than your opponent puts you pretty well on the back foot. Or at least, that's been my experience to date.

Note that this is not to say that Jarvis didn't simply play quite well, nor that my own coaching couldn't have been better. I'm by no means complaining, just observing that the match went largely as I expected. :P
    Fair points, I understand what you mean. It's not that I haven't had those experiences myself - for example, I am playing Jiiiiim's Humans in the Open tonight, they have over 900TV in inducements to give away to my Lizards - I just have also experienced the other side of inducements. Which mostly was extra team re-rolls saving my sweet bottom, Bloodweiser Babes getting my Skinks back up and Wizards delaying an enemy touchdown for a few rounds. Guard is indeed really difficult to substitute with inducements if you can't get a decent Star Player with that skill.

Talking of which, both a Black Orc Blocker and my Troll uk_john have leveld up (with normal rolls) after yesterday's heartbreaking loss against sketchseven. Guess which skill I chose for them. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Guard is indeed really difficult to substitute with inducements if you can't get a decent Star Player with that skill.
    AFAIK there's exactly one star player who has guard, Slibli. So unless you play lizardmen he's not available.

I play Lizards in the Open League, so Slibli was right there in my mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    My plummet from the pinnacle of the old, takes-a-long-time-to-get-to-the-top-of, ladder system to the foot of the newer pyramid system seems set to continue - I think there's only one result in the last match in Div B that can save me from yet another straight-seasons relegation.

I shall fight any moves to re-re-jigger the system until I am back near the top :)

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    My plummet from the pinnacle of the old, takes-a-long-time-to-get-to-the-top-of, ladder system to the foot of the newer pyramid system seems set to continue - I think there's only one result in the last match in Div B that can save me from yet another straight-seasons relegation. I shall fight any moves to re-re-jigger the system until I am back near the top :)
    My experience is that I only ever get promoted by accident or if other people drop out. Usually, I miss promotion by a draw outcome that would have had to be a win or a loss when I would have needed a draw. Also, as an Orc coach, I totally vote for putting injury count before total touchdown count when there is a draw for the first place of a Division at the end of a season.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I am consistently average.

I am averagely consistent.