View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 373 of 415 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,460 of 8290
    Division B - Bishi Bashi Speshal vs Irrelevant Illnesses.

The final match of the season saw my orcs facing off against a Nurgle team. After the bashing I had taken in my last two matches against Chaos, I wasn't entirely sure that I was going to have much of a team left at the end of this.

The first half saw tremendous bad luck on both sides, with the orcs managing to fall over everytime they sprinted, and the Nurgle team ineffectually bashing, and fluffing crucial passes. Little progress was made to push the Nurgle drive, and the half ended with 2 players out for both teams (including a -1AV on the new orc blitzer just hired to replace my lost star from the previous match).

Fortunately my orcs had a deep enough bench to still field a full team, giving me a nice edge over the Illnesses. This allowed me enough room to outmanouvre the Illnesses, and run the lineman ball carrier up the outside of the pitch. Whilst I stalled for time before the TD, the Illnesses continued to pound my players, reducing my advantage to 1 player. Turn 14 - 1-0 to Bishi Bashi Speshal.

With only two turns left, there was little chance for an equalizer, so the Illnesses elected to instead rack up some SPP by trying to kill my players and make short passes. Fortunately (for me) they only succeeded in the second part of that, and the match ended with my team more or less intact.

Final score - Bishi Bashi Speshal 1, Irrelevant Illnesses 0.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Sorted otu a couple of matches, defaulted a couple of outstanding week 2 games, everyone's on week 3 and final day of the season is: 22/10! (Next monday)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    CURSE YOU NUFFLE. CURSE YOUR ROTTENHIDE.

See, I'm cursing him in Comic Sans that's how much I'm cursing him. Jeremy Throat Smasher my new rookie Ogre levelled up. "Great", I thought "Guard or fingers crossed Block on a double".

And lo - a double was rolled. And it's a double six.

FRIKINFRIKINFRIK.

I know. I know on an intellectual, analytical level that Block is by far the better choice here. I had a discussion with Chainsawhands once about when to pass up a +ST roll and the list we came up with is Snotlings and Big Guys without Block. He's not a Snotling but he is a Big Guy without Block.

But...

IT'S PLUS ONE STRENGTH.

How can I turn it down? What an invidious choice Nuffle has thrown my way. In 240,000,000 level ups this is the first +ST I've got. And on a Big Guy. He's already strong but being stronger still is awesome as that negates opposition Big Guys. But Block is like the absolute premier number one skill for big dudes who aren't Frenzying, Juggernauting beasts. Oh I don't know. I'm so conflicted and confused.

How can I pass it up? Should I pass it up?

It makes multiple block that much better. Although, block is still probably the better choice

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    How can I pass it up? Should I pass it up?
    Let Nuffle decide: Roll a die. On 6 pick str otherwise choose block.

Am I right in thinking Wolfenswan has quit this season?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Block is the better choice for sure. But +1 St.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I read a lot that block is a better choice - but you do only need 1 assist for 3dice with a ST6 ogre, and failing that is a 1/27. I'd be tempted to take the ST.

And you only need to roll another double to get Morg!

Your more likely to roll another double than another +ST. Saying that, I've never rolled a double on a big guy yet so I have no real idea what I'm talking about!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I read a lot that block is a better choice - but you do only need 1 assist for 3dice with a ST6 ogre, and failing that is a 1/27. I'd be tempted to take the ST.
    Failing a 2D block with Block is only a 1/36 chance of failure. It's just better.

I mean, I'd probably take the +ST, but I'd be wrong to do so.

Obscure Node
    Ok i think im going to reroll a team for next season....dark elves arent doing it for me......im thinking chaos or a something of the sort....something with a little more bashyness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollitus View Post
    Ok i think im going to reroll a team for next season....dark elves arent doing it for me......im thinking chaos or a something of the sort....something with a little more bashyness.
    Delves start with 4 blockers, chaos start with 0. Just an FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Failing a 2D block with Block is only a 1/36 chance of failure. It's just better.

I mean, I'd probably take the +ST, but I'd be wrong to do so.
    But a 3D block has more outcomes where your opponent gets splatted and you don't than 2D with block. But yeah, getting block is a good idea. However ST6 can break tackle into 3 tacklezones(a typical 4 man cage) on a 3+ and get 2D on a st3 player even if the entire 4 man cage is guard players.

Its an interesting one. Empirically right Vs feels right.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 15-10-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollitus View Post
    Are you still going to play our match?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I demand Zoraster weighs in on this issue. The fate of my team hangs in the balance.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Delves start with 4 blockers, chaos start with 0. Just an FYI.

But a 3D block has more outcomes where your opponent gets splatted and you don't than 2D with block. But yeah, getting block is a good idea. However ST6 can break tackle into 3 tacklezones(a typical 4 man cage) on a 3+ and get 2D on a st3 player even if the entire 4 man cage is guard players.

Its an interesting one. Empirically right Vs feels right.
    On the blocking issue it depends how you look at it, if facing a non-blocker that 2D with block gives you a 75% of laying the smackdown whilst 3D without blocking is only 70% chance

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So, the Black Bombers came, saw, and drove the Red Hot Pokers into the pitch. 3-0 (yes, you read that right) to the goblins for their second ever victory, along with four levellings. A goblin throw was attempted in the last turn, but wasn't to be.

Edit: I should note that touchdown #2 was made possible by a goblin throwing a successful long bomb (the guy who was supposed to be in the middle of the chain wasn't there for reasons we won't discuss).

Along with their draw vs Drawlien in their last match, this has been the Bombers best ever season. Sadly it's not enough to win the promotion though, whichever way the other match turns out. I've realised that the DoD is an especially tough environment for goblins: it's hard to win matches, so you stay in the bottom tier, which means continually playing new teams with a lower TV as the filter into the divisions, and that means no inducements for bribes and other goodies. Weirdly, I'm finding playing a rookie goblin team in the Open easier, due to all the inducements on offer. I think they're way more important to a goblin team than probably any other.

(PS Any admins around to validate the match?)
    Last edited by cyberpunkdreams; 16-10-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Division G, week 3

Doomdark's Revenge (me, Chaos) v Supernumaries (delf, Nullkigan)

Despite rocking a 400 TV deficit and precisely zero players with tackle, the plucky chaos underdogs grabbed a desmond against the the dodgy-blocky-annoyingy dark elves.

They spent their inducements on a useless wizard, a useless bribe, and a useless tackle beastman, and the first 7 turns were a lesson in being annoyed because you can't lay a finger on the bastards.

At 2-0 down after 7 turns (with two injured beastmen to rocks thrown from a suspiciously feminine-looking bearded crowd) all looked lost, but then a touchback allowed the Utarg of Utarg (ST5 chaos warrior) two turns to score, which he did by cunningly running forward, luckily surviving a block, then bulldozing his way out of a bunch of players to the line.

2-1 down at half time the coach gave his players a stern talking to and the second half was a textbook slow grinding drive to tie the score at 2-2 at full time. To add joy to overwhelming joy, Lord Doomdark is no longer the worst player on the team having finally hit level 2.

The result means that Nullkigan wis the division - congrats to him, but I'm left rueing my defeat to Zenohero last week.

i had a +1 str kroxigor once upon a time, with guard also, happiest day of my life till he was fouled by a doochbag and killed, i stopped playing for over a week after that happend

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo View Post
    i had a +1 str kroxigor once upon a time, with guard also, happiest day of my life till he was fouled by a doochbag and killed, i stopped playing for over a week after that happend
    And what happened the first game you came back after that week? Pray tell.

In case you can't recall, I've managed to capture the moment
    Last edited by chadsexington; 16-10-2012 at 03:44 AM.

AH I think you should fire the ogre. This is obviously the best option to save you the torment of making this decision. In completely unrelated news, I look forward to playing our day 3 match sometime soon (after you fire the bugger).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High