View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 375 of 415 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    THE ANSWER IS BLOCK, YOU FOOLS.
    BLOCK!
    LIKE BLOCK CAPITALS, AND BLOCK TROLL, AND BLOCK OGRE.

Every turn you want your big guy to do something? What you want him to do is anchor your line and support your mans. Block, guard, stand firm. It's not rocket surgery, but it is awesome. Everyone* wants a big guy with block, the +str and pro are luxuries for afterwards.

*except possibly skaven - I'd take claw first on a rat ogre, follow with juggernaut, and just gleefully frenzy around wrecking players up - and minotaurs, if you're a) taking the minotaur and b) making an active mino instead of a tentacle one - although if you get a double that's a good prompt to change your mind and go for a block and tentacle mino instead.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    THE ANSWER IS BLOCK, YOU FOOLS.
    BLOCK!
    LIKE BLOCK CAPITALS, AND BLOCK TROLL, AND BLOCK OGRE.
    Like I said above, I am used to big guys getting Block as if it was a normal roll for them. :P Block is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    Field Forgers vs Beauty and the Beast

5-0 drubbing for the Forgers. The Forgers had 3 disadvantages, TV, Coach Experience and the Dice. and the dice were really bad. Thanks for the game Coach Recoil, i think you got landed in a tough division despite its low level.
    Cheers Prestor John. It was a drubbing and a half that game, but I did enjoy it, and as has been in each of the three games of my first season, I have learned something new. Wood Elves are nimble though.

Having said that, I would like to retire the Field Forgers, and replace them with a Dark Elf team called Revellers in Sorrow (1000 TV). I think maybe the Humans were too 'Jack of all, Ace of none' for me, so I could not concentrate on one play style. Not that I am saying if I had I would have won any games. I hope there is no problem with this, and that it does not annoy my league mates with the thought that they will be playing against a new low TV team again.

To do this I would need to retire my Human team from the league at the end of the season (or once the final game is played), and reapply with my Dark Elf team into whichever league I am placed into?

Again, I hope this does not cause any dramas.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    That's fine recoil! The system is there to let people change if they're not enjoying their current team, and humans are a hard one to get to grips with (I'm still figuring them out 10 seasons after starting them!).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Has anyone put forth some thought on how to allocate Chaos Dwarves for next round? Are there more than 5 people that would reroll to them for the next season?

Also, regarding ST.

I have a pub khemri team - 2 TGs have block, 1 has +1ST. So far, the blocking TGs are far more useful. I try to ensure that my 6ST TG gets a triple die block each turn, but it doesn't happen often enough. He'll be leveling soon though, so assuming I don't get a double, he will choose multiple block, which will make him that much better.

Double dice against two linemen, or double against two ST4's with only one assist. I think thats where ST6 will really shine.
    Last edited by chadsexington; 17-10-2012 at 01:43 PM.

I had some trouble the other night getting my chaos edition to play with a legendary edition - it came up with the port 16962 error until I switched to my legendary version, which fixed the error, so I'm not sure about compatibility yet (unless i was just unlucky). Assuming we aren't in another cyanide situation, I'm happy to let in chaos dwarves and underworld teams for next season (I'd like to give a couple of seasons to see how khorne fare).

I *think* we'll keep the limits at 5 for now, and I think the fairest way to introduce the new teams would be to have a random draw for all players who want use them (assuming we have more than 5 players?). Obviously, if less than 6 players want to use the new races, there's no issue, barring the aforementioned compatibility problems. Anyone else had connection issues?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I've played one game against a LE opponent (two if screwie played with LE yesterday) without a hitch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Think i might stick an underworld team in for the lark, i played an open game last week with chaos v legendary and it worked, first attempt disconnected but i think that was wonky internet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I would guess since Chaos Edition is technically a different game, you need to set up any firewall exceptions/etc again as you did for Legendary?

EDIT: Yeah all I've done so far is update my LE install to version .5 - not had time to sort out CE yet.

I uninstalled LE and have been playing CE against LE constantly without problem. I would have to assume that if you had to set up your firewall for LE and you neglected to do it with CE then you may have some issues.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Only issue I’ve heard hinted at so far is a crash caused by the fix to jugs vs wrestle. Very little info though, and none that I’ve heard from a trusted source but it is a fairly rare interaction on Cyanide. I’m snowed under with work at the moment so probably won’t have a chance to test it out before the end of the season but it might be an idea if someone could. It has been suggested to be a specific LE vs CE issue and given the continental drift like pace of Cyanide patching...

Gah - maybe it was that then - I know the port was open, but maybe it's some game-specific firewall-related issue. I'll look into it. Look like just me though ;-). I've updated the race balance to allow Chaos Dwarves (CDwa) and Underworld (UW) to be selected for next season. We'll see how many people opt for them before we go to drawing straws etc.

Additionally, is everyone still happy with 5 players per race, or would you prefer us to switch down to 4 again to push towards diversity? We'll have some overhead with the new races so 4 would be doable (of course we would not take out anyone in an 'oversubscribed' race, we just wouldn't let any new players use that race until a slot became available).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I am very tempted to give Underworld a shot, but I'm not ready to give up my Dark Elf side just yet.

As for race balance, I would be fine with dropping down to 4 as soon as prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Gah - maybe it was that then - I know the port was open, but maybe it's some game-specific firewall-related issue. I'll look into it. Look like just me though ;-). I've updated the race balance to allow Chaos Dwarves (CDwa) and Underworld (UW) to be selected for next season. We'll see how many people opt for them before we go to drawing straws etc.

Additionally, is everyone still happy with 5 players per race, or would you prefer us to switch down to 4 again to push towards diversity? We'll have some overhead with the new races so 4 would be doable (of course we would not take out anyone in an 'oversubscribed' race, we just wouldn't let any new players use that race until a slot became available).
    Are we just going to post here our requests for CDwa/UW or are we just going to fill out the spreadsheet and see how it turns out? I'd be fine with knocking it down to 4 teams per race ... provided Khorne makes it in after next season ;)

Hmmm - it would be best to tally them on the sheet, but changing your race for next season might be a bit premature (as you might not get the new race you want). How about a complete fudge (for now) - enter your coach name on the season info sheet at the bottom, alongside the race choice if you want one of the 2 new races. It should then appear in the race balance totals and we'll see who wants in. If we get more than 4 (as I'm likely to lower the bar for race balance) then we'll go to a random draw for those races, if not, everyone will get to play as the new race. Sound ok?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I think we should leave the limit at 5. We've already got a really diverse mix of races, so why not let as many people as possible play the teams they want to rather than limiting them to address something which isn't even a problem? (And I say that as someone with two Nurgle teams in his division this season.)

That IS true, we do have a good spread of races already. Moving it down to 4 won't lock off too many, there'd still be a good choice of bashy (Lizards, Khemri) and agile (HElf, Elf) right now. But yeah, people seem to gravitate towards a more diverse set anyway. Just for my own curiosity, I've moved the race balance sheet down to 4 to take a look at it, but I'm happy to bow to the consensus on this...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I wouldn’t reduce the limits. TBH I’d be more inclined to loosen them further and make them more a soft cap as long as we remain north of 48 coaches. The more beginner friendly races especially should always be available to beginners.

We’re big enough with so small divisions that racial limits don’t have all that much impact on opposition anyway. Case in point my last score of matches has seen dwarf and rat teams form a third of my opposition. I haven’t played a Khemri or Elf team for over a year, Norse for 18 months and I’ve never played a Necro team since they were introduced despite them being one of the more popular teams. I’ve never actually played High Elf either as my opponent had computer problems the one time I was drawn with them.

A lower race cap than current should mean you play different races more often, which would help with your second issue (luck of the draw notwithstanding?). It should mean more people have to choose those Khemri or Pro Elf, too (which have tended to be unpopular choices), again improving the variety of your opposition. I don't think, for an experienced blood bowl coach, being forced into a choice of only 5 or 6 races is that big an issue, although I always keep an eye on the race balance to ensure we have a mix of 2 or 3 agility and bashy teams open to people rebooting/joining.

It's a good point that it makes things a little difficult for new coaches by taking away the 'easier' starting teams though. I'll give it some more thought.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Which is why I made the point about Necro who have nearly always been at/near the maximum but I've never played. Likewise Wood Elves who I met last round for the first time since the second LE season. Racial balance has zero real impact on what we meet when coach numbers dwarf league size to this extent.