View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 376 of 415 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,520 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, Zoraster's exactly right. There are 5 skaven teams but I've not played one since season 11, which was July of last year. On the other hand there are 5 Nurgle teams and I played one last season and two this season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Both good points. I've got 2 necro teams to myself this season, and I'm sure there are races I've never played in the divisions :-). So maybe the race balance cap doesn't have much impact anymore, so we shouldn't worry about it, apart from the impact on new players. Removing it then makes sense for new players, and keeping it in as a soft cap (prob at 5) just to challenge the more experienced coaches (and stop any '10 orc teams' scenario)?

I think 5 is good for now. In general I think people should be able to play what they want and as has been pointed out with the small divisions the race balance is a bit wonky. For example if all the UW and CDwf slots fill it will still be at least several seasons before I see any of them (unless my plunge to the bottom of the Divs continues). We have 15 divisions so a full race is still only represented in at most 1/3 of the divs.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Hi, I'm obviously new to the RPS forums, but I would like to join in the next season with an Undead team (they seem less populated at the moment) if that's ok. I just fill in the spreadsheet after posting here, yes? Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanesuke View Post
    Hi, I'm new, I would like to join with an Undead teams.
    *makes like a Jehovah's witness*
    Has anyone talked to you about gang fouling and how it can enrich your life?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

*Pretends not to be in*
    Giving or receiving? As far as I can see, fouling is the point of zombies/skeletons being so cheap :-D

Giving or receiving? As far as I can see, fouling is the point of zombies/skeletons being so cheap :-D
    I'm fairly certain helio has a slideshow ready to give you an overview of Heliocentric Fouling.

Basically if the other guy is having fun, you're not doing enough of it.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    *Pretends not to be in*
    I see you are already one of the faithful.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I took block

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    I took block
    I'm disappointed you didn't go with the fire him route, but good choice.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    I took block
    I look forward to him levelling up again and rolling the inevitable double.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I look forward to him levelling up again and rolling the inevitable double.
    I will curse Nuffle for a bit then take Pro.

And lo, did Nuffle decide to shit mightily upon Skydancer and his dice rolls.

After a ridiculous first half which saw two tomb guardians die, a handful of skellies fail their regen or KO rolls and a kicking touchdown against him, the game was put out of its misery at half time as frankly the second half would not have been fun.

Thanks for the game, Skydancer, better luck next time.

No problem mate, blood bowl is harsh, even more when it takes out three of your four top players in two games :l
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

I'm curious how you go about conceding a game. Do you just quit out and what happens to the injuries SPP etc? My current understanding is that Boots would get 2 MVPs and Skydancer none but I don't know what happens with the other effects of the game. As usual Cyanide are not very clear on what happens. Could someone enlighten me?

P.S. Skydancer, that was some rough luck.

Injuries (and possibly SPP gained through the match?) carry on, retiring team gets no MVP and winning team gets two.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    I'm curious how you go about conceding a game. Do you just quit out and what happens to the injuries SPP etc? My current understanding is that Boots would get 2 MVPs and Skydancer none but I don't know what happens with the other effects of the game. As usual Cyanide are not very clear on what happens. Could someone enlighten me?
    Not to endorse Cyanide in any way (*cough*), but I'm pretty sure they handle this situation exactly according to the rule book.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Not to endorse Cyanide in any way (*cough*), but I'm pretty sure they handle this situation exactly according to the rule book.
    Not quite: if you concede (for any reason other than having two or fewer players available to set up with) you're supposed to lose any player with 51 or more SPP on a roll of 1-3 on a D6. That would either really suck if it happened on a disconnect, or if they made it not happen on disconnect people would just do that rather than conceding, so I can see why it didn't make it in.

Also I can't find anything about the "giving you 2 more TDs than your opponent" thing that Cyanide does; I suspect this is just done to avoid confusing their software as to why someone has a win but fewer touchdowns. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Also I can't find anything about the "giving you 2 more TDs than your opponent" thing that Cyanide does; I suspect this is just done to avoid confusing their software as to why someone has a win but fewer touchdowns. ;-)
    Does it always do that? I can only remember cases in which my enemy had not scored at all and I got 2 MVPs and 2 TDs as a default.