View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

    12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

    9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

    20 48.78%
Page 383 of 415 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,660 of 8290
  1. #7641
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,209
    Being magnanimous i will forgive you ;-) i can play on wednesday but as i am rerolling i am also happy with the draw if we need to get the season finished earlier

  2. #7642
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    It seems a shitty way to concede a possible championship winning season ( a long shot, but possible) but I can't see any way of downloading this megapatch. I assume its for CE?

    Anyway, if I can't play, I'll need to put my team into cryostasis for at least a season, as BT are about as quick as a particularly relaxed snail on ketamine, and aren't scheduled to install my broadband until the 26th November.

    Will I have to return in the bottom div? Or I can I restart somewhere in the middle?
    Yeah, it was a disappointing end, especially when it was a match that actually made a difference - a win would have given you the championship. :-/

    Do you know anyone near you who's got LE installed? If they could do the Steam backup / archive thing and stick that on a disc you could probably use that to manually install the patched version.

  3. #7643
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,093
    There seems to be a problem with the spreadsheet - it's showing the current season as season 21, but looking at the historical results season 20 was the last one Jiiiiiiiim won, so I think 21 was last season and this should be season 22. Have the results for 21 been lost somehow?

  4. #7644
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,196
    This is definitely Season 22. I'm pretty sure Jolima* made a copy of the Season 21 spreadsheet back when we did the draw for this season? I couldn't tell you were to access it though.

    (*Not attempting to drop Jolima in it or anything! He did a lot of the work preparing the spreadsheet that night and I am sure I remember him mentioning copying it too. He can confirm/deny/say more.)
    Last edited by Screwie; 23-10-2012 at 10:50 AM.

  5. #7645
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,588
    Slightly less offensive to lore brain?

    The team 'The Spirits' pledged themselves to Chaos to help them win a match which would decide the fate of their home town 'The Spirits' received vague omens which likened to the approval of a lesser being.

    When the match was played they could do no right despite epic efforts, the ball slipped from their hands, the match was lost and the invaders took the town without bloodshed and exiled the team.

    On the journey to a nearby city the team received visions telling them this was as planned as had they won the invaders would have broken their pact to resolve the game by Bloodblowl and that not a lesser being but Tzeentch itself answered the call.
    Also, went pro elves, noted it in the sheet the other day.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  6. #7646
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Also, went pro elves, noted it in the sheet the other day.
    Good choice, elfs are awesome. 2 blitzers 2 catchers 1 thrower 3 rerolls, I assume?

  7. #7647
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,313
    With their cheaper linemen they can almost afford to foul a bit too.

  8. #7648
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43
    Just had a thought. Currently Xenny is at the top of Div K, and depending on whether ntw returns in time he may end up in second place. Seeing as Xenny is retiring and ntws is a filler team, how does that work as far as promotions and suchlike?

  9. #7649
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    Just had a thought. Currently Xenny is at the top of Div K, and depending on whether ntw returns in time he may end up in second place. Seeing as Xenny is retiring and ntws is a filler team, how does that work as far as promotions and suchlike?
    Don't ask man, it's too complicated for human comprehension!

    I believe groovy does all the promotions and such and then takes out the leavers and shuffles people up appropriately.

  10. #7650
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    924
    Is there any word on whether the final Div L match is going to happen? I'm just curious.

  11. #7651
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Herts., UK
    Posts
    1,147
    The promotions system will be done on the best second place across the tier, in case of a missing player, so this will be the person with the next highest points, or highest TV to break a tie. The tier system makes this a bit easier for me to sort out than it did before, as there's at least 4 candidates for a promotion if the top player is missing.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

  12. #7652
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Good choice, elfs are awesome. 2 blitzers 2 catchers 1 thrower 3 rerolls, I assume?
    That or 11 linemen, conflicted. That much bastard in that little TV would be hard to argue with. But probably 2,2,1,3 as suggested.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  13. #7653
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    The promotions system will be done on the best second place across the tier, in case of a missing player, so this will be the person with the next highest points, or highest TV to break a tie. The tier system makes this a bit easier for me to sort out than it did before, as there's at least 4 candidates for a promotion if the top player is missing.
    Aah, I see, so it's the best of the tier that move, not the specific divisions? That's good, Div K could be a bit messy otherwise.

  14. #7654
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Squiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    4,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That or 11 linemen, conflicted. That much bastard in that little TV would be hard to argue with. But probably 2,2,1,3 as suggested.
    11 linemen will get your whole team murderised. You desperately need the Block and Dodge.

  15. #7655
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,438
    There was a team of dark elf linemen in my other league this season. It didn't go well in the end, although they levelled up several linemen and have cash in the bank to buy their blitzers. So, long term, it might turn out to be awesome.

    I think it's different for pro elves though - having AV7 means that even skilled linos are pretty squashy!

  16. #7656
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,313
    If some gentleman among the admins could validate my match against El Cubo in Div. 1 I'd be much obliged. I think I have a couple of skillups for my rathounds.

  17. #7657
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,196
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    11 linemen will get your whole team murderised. You desperately need the Block and Dodge.
    For Pro Elves, 2 blitzers, 9 linemen would be the bare minimum. Same for High Elves, actually.

    (And neither of them get Dodge anyway...)

  18. #7658
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I think I have a couple of skillups for my rathounds.
    Rat bastards more like!

  19. #7659
    Network Hub potatoedoughnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    США (GMT-7)
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    For Pro Elves, 2 blitzers, 9 linemen would be the bare minimum. Same for High Elves, actually.

    (And neither of them get Dodge anyway...)
    Agreed. I can't see any reason not to take the blitzers.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    Steam = potatoedoughnut

    [RPS] Clone High

  20. #7660
    Lesser Hivemind Node Jolima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    This is definitely Season 22. I'm pretty sure Jolima* made a copy of the Season 21 spreadsheet back when we did the draw for this season? I couldn't tell you were to access it though.

    (*Not attempting to drop Jolima in it or anything! He did a lot of the work preparing the spreadsheet that night and I am sure I remember him mentioning copying it too. He can confirm/deny/say more.)
    Alas, no. I realized too late that no backup had been taken and did something to try restoring it which didn't work out for some reason. I think I've realized better how to use the actual stored revisions in google docs now though, and narrowed it down to one of the last Sep 17 versions being what we want. I think we can get it back again from there, but it's probably best if no one touches the spreadsheet while that's happening. I'm busy for most evenings this week, but could try doing it at some point if no one else gets to it first.

    With all the discussion of new teams, I've been wondering how people usually go about building a fresh team? Myself, I tend to count out the cost of 11 linemen and write down the price for each potential 'upgrade' from there in units of 10k before picking something together. For instance here are the notes for my current Nurgle team:

    Code:
    Nurgle - 56
    
    4 - reserve
    7 - reroll
    
    4 - Pestigor  4 16
    7 - Warrior   4 28
    10- Beast     1 10
    
    alt: 4 rerolls, 2 warriors, 2 left
    Ie. You have 56(0k) to spend after getting 11 rotters. A reserve costs 4, a reroll 7, upgrading a rotter to a pestigor is 4, to a warrior is 7 and to a beast is 10. To the right is the build I went with (4 Pestigors for 16, 4 Warriors for 28, 1 Beast for 10). And below is the reroll heavy extreme that I was also considering. How are the rest of you doing it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •