View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 390 of 415 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Division H inaugural match:

Jolima's Nurglemans versus President Weasel's Chaosmans

Here is how the game went.
    I started the game with a couple of chaosmans (including one of my four chaos warriors) in the infirmary after their rough handling in the final match of last season. With only ten on the roster for the match I get a replacement, no levels, loner beastman. Who has loner. That part becomes important in a little bit.

I kick off, Jolima melees my chaos warriors on the line. I melee back, knock his beast over, foul it with three assists, and Badly Hurt it out of the match. Lucky!
    One of my level 3 beastmen is immediately hauled off by the annoyingly eagle-eyed ref for the foul, but I am still feeling pretty good about getting rid of the Beast - my Str 5 chaos warrior is now the strongest piece on the pitch.

Jolima punches through my line and cages in my half, but one of his cage corners is in base contact with one of my men. I start a chain of blocks designed to make a hole (although even as I do I am thinking I've screwed up the position and might not be able to get the hit on the ball carrier). The first hit turns up Skull, both down. I look at the player and realise it is the loner, who doesn't have block. I reroll, and he loners it. Turnover, and Jolima is free to gambol away down the pitch for an inevitable touchdown.

On my way to an equaliser I throw a long pass right over the line of anti-pass aura players but Jolima catches up with the ball carrier and knocks the ball down. I get an improbably series of successful die rolls to get the ball back, get my player away from his, and make several dodges to run players up to cover his players, and then foolishly decide to taunt Jolima about this by saying:

NUFFLE LIKES ME BETTER THAN YOU, LA LA LA.

This, in retrospect, may have been a mistake. Nuffle allows me the touchdown to equalise at 1-1 but in the second half, when I am supposed to be recieving and scoring the winning touchdown, my ag4 players cannot make a simple 4+ pass with reroll and instead spill the ball, twice, in extremely helpful positions - for Jolima.

The game finishes 3-1.
    In the last turn I claim Nuffle must be French because he has the same slapstick sense of humour as Jerry Lewis and only the French like him. In retrospect this may have been a mistake - my block dice immediately turns up double skulls, I don't even get the satisfaction of getting a last few hits in, and the game ends.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elesium View Post
    Could have been a lot worse, well done for keeping your spirits up after the death!
    "Freedom is dead"(read as all caps)
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    In the last turn I claim Nuffle must be French because he has the same slapstick sense of humour as Jerry Lewis and only the French like him.
    Last night I lost a 32 turn game (ie 16 turns of overtime) playing AGAINST THE AI as my Khorne team. I spent literally 16 turns hitting the damn Amazons, failing to knock them over and failing 4+ pickup rolls. Then one of their 3 remaining players picked up the ball and ran off. Then I doubleskullsed a block. Then they won.

From this I construe that (i) Nuffle has a sense of humour, and (ii) I'm not much good at this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Other games were 3-1,3-1 and then... 3-1 to me, too. Nuffle apparently was picking favourites last night, my team once again proving to be absolute bastards against a bashy team, causing 4 injuries and 4 KO's to Jarvis' otherwise well-matched Chaos team. 2100 TV to 2070 (after I'd hired a new ogre to deal with my strength deficit for this very bashy season) meant teams were close on skills, but as the injuries racked up, Jarvis ran out of positions to cover, allowing me to grab 3 touchdowns. He was nuffled on the armour rolls (he scored average, but I scored wayyyy better than I deserved ;-D), the block dice were fairly even throughout the game,his mighty blow+claws warriors fortunately remained relatively uneffective all match. A couple of late 'cyanide!' moments as Jarvis tried to leap+blitz almost certainly didn't help his game, either :-(.

3 levels for me means a bane (block lineman) has picked up guard on doubles, I've finally levelled up one of the 2 new catchers I bought 2 seasons ago (got wrestle, contrary to general opinion, I still like it on my catchers) and Harley Quinn (level 4 catcher) has now hit level 5, so gained pass block, to mess with any passing teams which tend to cause me problems (plus she's already fend, side step, diving catch and carrying 2 niggles, so is ready to die).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I lucked out against Grinn's orcs yesterday and managed to secure a draw. My goal came after a very unlikely set of events, that started with my +Ag, leap, wrestle GR doing a leap next to Grinns ballcarrier, who perhaps a bit foolishly stood right next to the sideline protected by two burly bodyguards. I managed to score a push on the three dice against block and the ball and thrower went out of bounds. The ball was thrown in within range of my +1Ag, Accurate rat thrower, who only had to dodge away, dodge into a tacklezone, pick up the ball in same tacklezone, dodge away, make two GFI's in a blizzard and throw the ball to my GR who was in range of the endzone, all without a TRR which were all gone by this point (at least that's what I think happened, I was in a daze afterwards).

Second half Grinns orcs trundled up the pitch beating up my rathounds as he wanted and scored in his turn 16. Except for early in the half when I almost lucked out again, only stopped by the last failed blizzard-GFi, my thrower slipping into the endzone on his face.

I got two devastating deaths as well, my most senior Storm Vermin with Guard, MB and tackle got killed in the first half, apoth rerolled to dead, and my level 5 GR with Block, Sidestep, Diving tackle, Shadowing got murdered in the second half. Both of those would have been essential against the elves in the next two matchups.

Thanks for the game Grinn, it was entertaining and you were unlucky with not getting the win.
    Last edited by mrpier; 06-11-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Blackest of Black Blacks 0 - 0 Track and Field

* This actually was a very exciting game, despite what the scoreline suggests :)
    * It was tough for the deadites in the first few turns as the wimmin smacked them around the place.
    * But then a series of failed dodges causing quick turnovers turned the game in my favour
    * My ghoul only needed a 2D blitz and GFI to score on the final turn of the 1st half, but guess what? Yes, amazingly, he fell over.
    * Second half was my deadites gradually mauling their way forward but good defence slowed me down
    * Which meant I attempted a risky breakaway
    * Which failed
    * Which allowed Jiiiim to try a last-ditch long pass
    * Which failed
    * Resulting in my first scoreless draw in the Divs.

Yeah was a good game, though the amount of *thinking* and *positioning* I was having to do was uncomfortable, especially after my glorious terrible charge in the first half.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm up against Hutton's humans this evening with my tackle-less chaos. Rocking a 400 ish TV deficit. Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe a tackle beast loner, a wizard and then either a bribe or some babes.

Is he a bashy-running game chappie, or a passing chappie? Are his blitzers scary?

My match with Zoraster finished 2-2 after a 15th turn gift from Nuffle.

Horriffic luck all round (including a goblin somehow beating a werewolf with a 3 dice block) and a turn 1 misclick by me left things looking bleak for my Norse but a steady steam of casualties and a lucky ball return saw me manage a lucky draw.

Unfortunately no one died.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I'm up against Hutton's humans this evening with my tackle-less chaos. Rocking a 400 ish TV deficit. Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe a tackle beast loner, a wizard and then either a bribe or some babes.

Is he a bashy-running game chappie, or a passing chappie? Are his blitzers scary?
    If in doubt - stamp*

*stamp meaning bribes and fouls :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I don't remember much about AH's team, but if he has a lot of Guard players and you don't, a Wizard and/or a merc or two with Guard would be useful equaliser.

With 400k+, my Chaos team has had some fun lately taking a Chef and a TRR to get a large reroll advantage on the other side - which of course helps with the blocking and all that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wife in labour. Sorry Alistair - will be in touch when things calm down

Good luck Everblue!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks!

False alarm in the end though - after 8 hours of being monitored I'm told to go home while the wife spends the night there. Grrr.

Sorry Alistair - I'll find out more tomorrow and let you know.

Adam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I don't remember much about AH's team, but if he has a lot of Guard players and you don't, a Wizard and/or a merc or two with Guard would be useful equaliser.

With 400k+, my Chaos team has had some fun lately taking a Chef and a TRR to get a large reroll advantage on the other side - which of course helps with the blocking and all that.
    I am down to bare bones Guard wise. My heyday of having 7 Guard players is long in the past. Due to injuries I only have 3 now. I'm also running 2 rookie Catchers. I have no idea why my team value is so high.

As to what style I play. I am Human! My style is the inverse of your style. You want to bash? Well then I'll step off and float like a butterfly. You want to dodge round me? Then I am all up in your face.

Scary Blitzers? Not really. Unless you count Wulf, my Guard, Tackle, Dodge, Mighty Blow Blitzer. Does he count? I'm not sure.

It's my Side Step, Wrestle, Guard. Tackle Lineman you have to look out for He's called Admund the Screamar or, Bloatey as I've nicknamed him.

Hope your wife is well Everblue and no worries if you can't make the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Nuffle saw fit to provide my underworld with a comfortable win over Recoil's dark elves, a total of 2 deaths, 3 injuries and 2 almost permanent KO's against not a single injury for me, allowed me to secure a comfortable 3-0 against a spirited but obviously hamstrung defence.

Thanks for being a good sport Recoil, at least you have plenty of journeymen to take Helio's fouls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Thanks for being a good sport recoil, at least you have plenty of journeymen to take helio's fouls.
    journeymen are delicious
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 08-11-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I find Underworld are amazing fun to play. It's so much more capable than a straight Goblin team it's surprising - some ST 3 guys with General skill access and the broad Mutation access improve their lot so much. The lack of Secret Weapons means goblins can actually start fouling again. And with six MA7 and a ton of Dodge and Stunty, the team is really quick and slippery. All this while still being dirt cheap!

They're quickly becoming one of my top teams.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    False alarm in the end though - after 8 hours of being monitored I'm told to go home while the wife spends the night there. Grrr.
    Crikey, hope everything either calms down or little Everblue makes a triumphant entrance to the world :) Good luck chap!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I find Underworld are amazing fun to play. It's so much more capable than a straight Goblin team it's surprising - some ST 3 guys with General skill access and the broad Mutation access improve their lot so much. The lack of Secret Weapons means goblins can actually start fouling again. And with six MA7 and a ton of Dodge and Stunty, the team is really quick and slippery. All this while still being dirt cheap!

They're quickly becoming one of my top teams.
    "Underworld - they're better than goblins!" Truly a ringing endorsement. ;-)