View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 391 of 415 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Mutations on a normal roll is brilliant - so many useful skills. With a single double you can get a claw/mighty blow/horns goblin who is actually scary to play against!

@Sketch/NieA7 - Thanks! Spent a difficult night, but been told that she's going to be induced on Monday. Kick off about 10am GMT. I've asked whether I can stream it via my phone. She says no.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I have an affection for Underworld teams in that once they *start* getting broken its not long until the whole team is in the casualty box.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Mutations on a normal roll is brilliant - so many useful skills. With a single double you can get a claw/mighty blow/horns goblin who is actually scary to play against!

@Sketch/NieA7 - Thanks! Spent a difficult night, but been told that she's going to be induced on Monday. Kick off about 10am GMT. I've asked whether I can stream it via my phone. She says no.
    lol

I've always like the idea of a big hand gobbo loose ball retriever dodge/pick up anywhere on a 3+? yes please.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I've asked whether I can stream it via my phone. She says no.
    To be fair, I doubt she'd be looking her best mid-birthing process. Probably better this way.

I've asked whether I can stream it via my phone. She says no.
    How inconsiderate. Those women are so selfish!

Network Hub
    Div F, Week 1

Da Blu Moonz
    (Orcs, Dentharial) VS Beauty and the Beast (WElves, Prester John)

So last time we met, it was way back when it was the first season for both of us. Well, I had been around for a few seasons with my High Elves, but I had just rebooted to Orcs. That time, we met in the final week, and the Wood Elf team had taken such a beating that Prester John went into the match already fairly sure that he would be rebooting the team to start with a full roster again. While I don't think I did a significant amount of damage, I did do enough to put the final nail in the coffin.

This time around we got to meet in Week 1, and with some much more developed teams; I was eager to see what a few seasons of experience (for both the players behind the keyboards as well as the ones on the pitch) had taught us. The Welf team had a couple of injuries, so they were taking a Journeyman onto the pitch, while the orc team is at full strength, albeit with a freshly hired Black Orc and only a single sub.

Da Blu Moonz win the toss, and elect to kick. The Beauty and the Beast team have a few high-ish level players, and I'm worried I don't have nearly enough Tackle on the pitch to cope with all their dodge. In fact, I only have a single Tackle Blitzer, with my Tackle lineman sitting on the bench in favour of fielding a full team of positionals.

The kick-off event gives both teams a bribe, which I'm appropriately excited about. On Turn 2, there is a sudden and nasty early dodge failure from one of the Beauties, that leaves a large number of the elves in base contact with orcs. I've been playing against a lot of Skaven teams in the last few seasons, and it's been infuriating how little I've been able to knock them down. Here, I'd marked up the elves pretty well, and the prospect of having the ability to just smack them down fills me with joy.

"IT'S MURDERIN' TIME" I yell happily, before immediately going to work.

My Blitzer blocks one of his star Catchers and...dead. Apothecary manages to improve that to losing a point of movement. Well...I feel a little bad about that, but the timing is also pretty funny, and I'm not expecting to get much more than that.

Block the Wardancer and...KO.

I manage to knock down most of the rest of the team, but Wood Elves being Wood Elves, it's not enough. The Thrower is able to move forward in the next turn and pass the ball up to a catcher, but Prester John is feeling enough pressure that he scores immediately rather than trying to delay.

This leaves me plenty of time to push up the pitch, which I do so while smashing elves down, pushing them off the pitch, and stomping on faces (I only actually did a single foul, and it successfully injured the levelled Wardancer, while also not using my bribe). His other star catcher tried a desperation 3-against block on my ball carrier, which results in an Attacker Down and...death.

By the time I scored at the end of the first half, there were a good 6 players off the pitch, although a couple of those were only KOs.

This was quickly changed in the second half as both KOs woke up, but then were promptly injured off again. By the end of the match, there were 5 injuries, 1 death, and 1 KO.

The end of the match was odd, since somewhere around turn 12, Prester John stopped responding entirely. Afterwards, he explained that his client froze up, and he was left just watching me run across the field, but by the time that had happened, he only had 3 elves (one of which was the Journeyman) and his treeman left on the pitch, so it likely shouldn't have made a difference.

Similarly, as soon as I realised he wasn't responding, I didn't try to foul their faces in despite their not getting off the floor, otherwise that final injury count may have been higher.

Final Score: Da Blu Moonz 2 - 1 Beauty and the Beast

Thanks to Prester John for being a good sport despite the atrocious Nuffling, and for also sticking in the game watching the timer tick away on a frozen client, because he was worried the match might reset and I'd lose all those SPPs and points.

And I may just have to reboot to a softer team soon. As much as there's a certain fun in watching green feet and fists smash things up, I'm also feeling kind of guilty for just destroying every decent level player there with a pretty nasty injury.
    Last edited by Dentharial; 08-11-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

I know it seems hasty but can div j go to day 2?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Div J moved on - validated all games with scores in the sheet, too :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Snoozer beat my rats 2-1. Two turns killed off my chances - a blitz on kickoff enabled me to get two gutters marking the KOR dwarf who was under the kick. He fumbled the catch giving my gutters three chances at bouncing the ball but triple 1's left the ball loose. Snoozer picked up the ball with his freak runner and caged up but the cage was separated from his LOS and I saw a chance. The wizard fireballed the cage and failed to take down any of the five targets! I managed to keep pressure on the cage for 6 turns before the runner waddled off and safely out of reach to score on turn 8. Not to worry at least I had my one turning gutter to fall back on. He never even got a chance to show what he can do as the thrower picked up the ball and fumbled the pass.

Second half rats scored in double quick time due to large pressure brought on the sideline cage. The rest of the half was a standard dwarf grind down the pitch punctuated only by the ag5 wrestling gutter taking down the carrier on a 2d against. Ball was easily recovered by freak runner to score on turn 16.

Rats had some obscene armour dice only taking 2 casualties despite most being without block or wrestle and facing a team of mighty blow. Played quite a punchy game too.

Someone needs to kill that runner

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Altdorf Army (Hum, Hutton) 1 - 1 Doomdark's Revenge (Cha, me)

Lord Doomdark and his malevolent horde lurched malevolently onto the field to face the preppie jerks of the Aldorf Army.

Clean shaven, loose limbed, and cheerful enough to sicken you, the elf-wannabies of the AA lined up with four (FOUR) catchers and only two linemen out of fourteen-ish players, lots of dodge, lots of guard, and full of British stiff upper lips. No mighty blow though, as that would have been dashed unsporting. After having a jolly good pray before the match, and a big glass of milk each, the Army captain (some bright-eyed mummy's boy of a thrower) won the toss. "Crumbs!" he said, blushing, "I'd really like to kick off, thanks very much!"

Sniggering and making "wanker" gestures to each other, the surly louts of Lord Doomdark's dishonourable rabble lurched to the centre of the pitch. Looking at the human line of scrimmage the chaos team grinned to each other and started chanting "you're going home in a fucking ambulance!" while the embarrassed humans tried to ignore them and thought about Mummy.

A 360 TV difference had allowed the chaos team to bring along a wizard (I say!) and a tackle mercenary beastman.

Sure enough, straight from the kick off Abandoning Hope (mighty blow/claw beastie) abandoned his claws and booted one of the two human linemen in the groin, forcing him from the field, while Doomdark's Daughter (tentacle minotaur) badly hurt another. The kick was short and wide, but the chaos team threw a screen in front of it while a three-armed beastman grabbed the ball.

Like all boys when confronted with a bully, the Army turned to a Bigger Boy to help them. "Get 'em Tim" they yelled to their ogre. Thinking quickly, one of the beastmen pulled a face at the ogre which so frightened poor Tim that he refused to blitz, indeed, he refused to move for most of the first half.

The chaos team rumbled up the right hand side of the pitch, belting the odd catcher into the crowd and handing the ball off to the Utarg of Utarg (ST5 chaos warrior) in the process. Despite a really good try for the Big School, the Army were unable to stop the unscrupulous scoundrels from scoring on turn 8 to make the score 1-0 to Doomdark's Revenge at half time.

Most of the gallant chaps from Altdorf Army, under the tender care of the Oedipal charms of Matron, recovered for the second half and decided to have a jolly good try to win the game. They pushed their star catcher (MV9, AG4, Sure feet, sprint, block) into the chaos side of the pitch and scored right at the start of the second half.

"Lol!" texted the chaos team to each other via BBM. "We r guna win this init!" A small argument ensued as the chaos players were told to get off facebook and onto the pitch, and pausing only to molest one of the human cheerleaders Lord Doomdark and his rum bunch of no-gooders lined up for an identikit eight turn drive. Things didn't quite go the chaos way this time around though, with Tim the Ogre managing to deal with his fear of the chaos players by shutting his eyes and swinging his fists, leading to two chaos players being badly hurt. Meanwhile the human team captain Wulf (blitzer, loads of annoying skills) made a a nuisance of himself by marshalling the defence, doing his best for the team, and winning about five scout badges in the process.

The dastardly chaos wizard came into play on turn fifteen, making a hole for the tackle merc to run within a few squares of the line, but it was not to be. A mistake from the chaos coach on the last turn meant that a miracle was needed and since God loves a square the chaos team failed to get their miracle. The match finished 1-1.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Altdorf Army (Hum, Hutton) 1 - 1 Doomdark's Revenge (Cha, me)

I say, bravo, old chap!

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Div J moved on - validated all games with scores in the sheet, too :-)
    Ty, it's hard not to be excited about a new team when it's going so well so early.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I say, bravo, old chap!
    The Altdorf Army is off to practice team drills. At the end of the first half I set up for my standard 1 turn touchdown. Except I manged to setup on the side of the pitch where my Catcher would have to dodge past the Tentacle Minotaur and then on the first block misclicked where the push back would be.

Fortunately a riot had moved the clock back a turn so I had a chance to salvage a two turn score but just as I was running my thrower back away from the line I realised I'd failed to markup a Beastman on the line of scrimmage so I had to push my Thrower one square deeper. Then I realised that that would put him out of Maximum range (Strong-Arm, Accurate, Pass makes that fairly doable) for the pass on the next on the next turn. And my star Catcher got pounded to the floor.

I still managed to pull my star catcher from the ground and get him in the end zone, ran my thrower forward, hand off and push the blitzer with the ball into long pass range which failed. If I'd at all been thinking when placing my catcher in the end zone it would have been a short pass and possibly 1-1 at half time.

In positive news my rookie Ogre Jeremy Throat Smasher continues his prodigious advancement rate (the three turns he stood around doing nothing at the start of the game where obviously him thinking really hard about what he was going to do next). In the three games on my team he's scored three casualties and picked up two MVPs giving him a second level up to go with his block - this time Guard.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 09-11-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    [...]the Aldorf Army. [...]full of British stiff upper lips.
    Aren't they more sort of pseudo-German stiff upper lips?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Ty, it's hard not to be excited about a new team when it's going so well so early.
    I told you elfs were great. Wait till you get some skills on the pointy-eared bastards. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I told you elfs were great. Wait till you get some skills on the pointy-eared bastards. ;-)
    The competence of even journeymen really does offset their fragility. That these guys cost only 20 points more than zombies/skeletons is almost completely baffling. 10 more points for a P access passer +40 for +2mv,catch and nos and you are allowed 4 of the freaks or +50 for block, sidestep, +mv+av.

Barmy

Worst (non-stunty) armour in the game and no strength access or big guy, I think that's why. (Actually I suppose welfs are a bit lower armour but they get the tree. Also amazons. But still, elf armour sucks despite my not having thought that bit through very well.)
    Last edited by ChainsawHands; 09-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wait until they all get killed, Helio!

A typical high level elf team is about 8 players, 4 with some kind of stat-reducing permanent injury. All niggled. They will still win 3-0.

Wait until they all get killed, Helio!

A typical high level elf team is about 8 players, 4 with some kind of stat-reducing permanent injury. All niggled. They will still win 3-0.
    Lost a catcher in the first game I'm very aware. Not too worried for now, come back and ask me when my team has stars.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Other games were 3-1,3-1 and then... 3-1 to me, too. Nuffle apparently was picking favourites last night, my team once again proving to be absolute bastards against a bashy team, causing 4 injuries and 4 KO's to Jarvis' otherwise well-matched Chaos team. 2100 TV to 2070 (after I'd hired a new ogre to deal with my strength deficit for this very bashy season) meant teams were close on skills, but as the injuries racked up, Jarvis ran out of positions to cover, allowing me to grab 3 touchdowns. He was nuffled on the armour rolls (he scored average, but I scored wayyyy better than I deserved ;-D), the block dice were fairly even throughout the game,his mighty blow+claws warriors fortunately remained relatively uneffective all match. A couple of late 'cyanide!' moments as Jarvis tried to leap+blitz almost certainly didn't help his game, either :-(.

3 levels for me means a bane (block lineman) has picked up guard on doubles, I've finally levelled up one of the 2 new catchers I bought 2 seasons ago (got wrestle, contrary to general opinion, I still like it on my catchers) and Harley Quinn (level 4 catcher) has now hit level 5, so gained pass block, to mess with any passing teams which tend to cause me problems (plus she's already fend, side step, diving catch and carrying 2 niggles, so is ready to die).
    To be fair I don't think those cyanide moments themselves actually mattered overall but were just extra annoyances.