View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 392 of 415 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Worst (non-stunty) armour in the game and no strength access or big guy, I think that's why. (Actually I suppose welfs are a bit lower armour but they get the tree. Also amazons. But still, elf armour sucks despite my not having thought that bit through very well.)
    Amazons come with a suite of protective skills that go some considerable way to making up for the armour. Av7 Block is much better than AV7, and Av7 Blodge is better still. You can make a blodge elf lineman, but only after he's survived enough matches to garner 16SPP with only 7 armour to protect him, and only at a cost of not giving him other skills while an equivalent amazon has now got a couple of extra skills to make her more effective.

Welf wardancers are hard to kill, and the rest of them are basically doomed mooks with bark for armour; you can swap in journeyelves and barely notice. I suppose you're meant to care about catchers and throwers, but meh. Plus you can field the tree if you like which does help a bit, although it also adds a lot of TV.

Whereas pro elfs are screwed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Lost a catcher in the first game I'm very aware. Not too worried for now, come back and ask me when my team has stars.
    Watch out, you might find that your team ends up with an absurd number of stat freaks who just WILL NOT FUCKING DIE and you have to keep playing them because even though they sicken you every time with their elfyness and you'd quite like to maybe try a different team after all these months, how can you give up all those lovely stat-ups...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't worry 'hands. I'm coming. Might take me a couple of seasons, but I'll get there.

Eh, it's not like I've never been up against a bashy team (I had 2 nurgle and an undead last season), chaos isn't really particularly scary.

I do think Elf Harm might be about to start their death spiral though, the catchers have 2 -stats and a niggle now. Of course, one of them's been AV6 for something like a year (and has picked up +AG and leap in that time)... I think my chaos in the open actually lose more players than my elfs. ;-)

Although I do get through quite a lot of lineelfs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    chaos isn't really particularly scary.
    Them's fightin' words! Come down here and face me, dammit!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well, it's sadly true... Claw gets almost no benefit against Pro Elves and a typical killer Chaos team rarely has as much Tackle as it should.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    My chaos team doesn't have any tackle. It also has hardly any mighty blow or guard, one claw which I just got, and no frenzy. It's a travesty.
    Unfortunately my plan to rebuild it in the lower leagues into a team of vicious killers has foundered; what in god's name are Jiiim and Jolima doing in this division? Did Groovy do this on purpose?

After a thorough mauling by LowKey, I will need 4 Journeymen for my next match. Do they automatically appear in my roster during the Pre-Game Sequence?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    They do indeed, and their value is added to your TV before Inducements are calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3842 View Post
    After a thorough mauling by LowKey, I will need 4 Journeymen for my next match. Do they automatically appear in my roster during the Pre-Game Sequence?
    Yeah. Per the rules you should get to choose if you want them, but in Cyanide you get them automatically.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    The Hertlingbrad Scholars 0 - 4 Masquerade Ballers

A defeat that was never really in doubt due to the well-developed nature of the Ballers against the almost all-standard human side - for all the Scholars attempted to put some play into the game, it was never to be. They were carrying two journeymen as it was, and no non-standard skills apart from three players with Guard.

Occasions of note:
    - The Brain was able to use his Kick to good effect, booting the ball short every time he kicked off. He managed to kick the ball close to the LOS and close to the sidelines without putting it out of play either time, damn him.
    - After nicking the ball quite unsportingly in almost the first turn of the drive, the elven Blitzer holding the ball managed to ride out three different 2D blocks, including one that was rerolled. The lack of skills such as Tackle was a curse through the whole game.
    - Eloquacious, the sideline wizard, decided to put a stop to the plucky Blitzer with a lightning bolt through the spine. As it turned out, he wasn't really firing on all cylinders, and the sizzle of electricity dissipated without any effect whatsoever.
    - Having cunningly put the cash aside for a couple of Bribes, the Scholars set about fouling some Elves when given the chance. Gang fouls on three different players resulted in no effect, no effect and a KO.

On the other hand, one of the Scholar players did manage to kill an elf lino (who was already living on borrowed time with his AV6) and hurt another one - but all in all another disappointing loss. Not being able to knock the other side over, and not being able to hurt them when they did, sort of put paid to any hopes of scoring.

Edit: it's worth pointing out that Brain's block dice were rather hot, and mine were disappointingly not - the usual skull to skull reroll and double skulls to double skulls popping up for me once again.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 10-11-2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Addendum

Could I please ask for a little more time to play my game vs leftfield? My laptop broke on Monday evening, an hour before we were going to play our game and I've only just been able to get hold of another. Thanks.

Activated Node
    The Rakish Rodents (INinja132) 2 - 1 Codsbottom Brawlers (Graever)

Crazy game all told, with a lot of failed rolls and changes of possession. Graever got especially unlucky, failing a 1 square throw (with a re-roll) in the final turn which would have tied the match if he'd completed. Story of the match really, but all told I managed to get out of it with a few less double fails than he did.

Good game though, very exciting indeed, cheers Graever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @Sketch

I'm amazed that you are so high in the table with such a fresh side, to be honest. However did you do it?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    @Everblue superior tactics. That and just simply hanging around while all those people up above me dropped out.

Played Axler in Div K.

Necrosity (Axler - Necro) vs 50 Shades of Beard (me - Chaos Dwarf)

I get the kickoff, which lands on his side, allowing me to place the ball in the hands of a Centaur. I knock some down and cage up early.

I slowly progress to near scoring distance, but pushed up against one of the sidelines. Axler has not been having good block dice up to this part - lots of skulls and bothdowns to my blocky linemen. He blows his last reroll doing a desperate charge with a golem that required a sketchy dodge. Unfortunately, said golem fails the second GFI and gives me a clear shot at a TD the next turn.

Turn 6 sees Axler receive the ball a few squares form the LoS. He manages to get both wolves near the ball, pick it up with one, but fail the handoff to the second.

I get some good block dice and get two linemen into tacklezones by the ball. I then decide its a great idea to hit the one person who could score - even with a 2D block with a reroll, I end up knocking myself down.

Axler gets a string of lucky rolls, blocks, pushes, dodges, pickups, etc, and runs the ball down to above person and scores on turn 8.

1-1.

Halftime.

Axler gets the ball and makes quick work of me pulling a reversal and getting out of reach by the second turn. I spend the next three or four turns trying to corner him to force a TD.

2-1 Axler.

I now have but 3 scant turns to score. Ball is kicked right next to a hobgoblin and a centaur, so I figure i'm OK.

Blitz.

Axler puts a wolf down beside where the ball will land and generally messes up any plans I had of evening the score.

The ball lands and bounces into the waiting hands of a werewolf, once again proving that Cyanide loves to kick you when you are down.

First charge knocks down the wolf and I start putting pieces into play to get that score. I pick it up with a hobgoblin and fail the handoff to a waiting centaur. Axler responds by spamming the area with troops.

Turn 16 - I make some nice knockdowns and really have only one play left.

Hobgoblin dodges, picks up the ball in a tacklezone, dodges, hands off to a waiting centaur (reroll). Centaur blitzes nearby zombie to knock him down, dodges again, and rushes to the endzone, making 2GFI to tie the game.

GG Axler, and its a shame that you couldn't get the win, you deserved it.

Necrosity 2 - 50 Shades of Beard 2

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Hobgoblin dodges, picks up the ball in a tacklezone, dodges, hands off to a waiting centaur (reroll). Centaur blitzes nearby zombie to knock him down, dodges again, and rushes to the endzone, making 2GFI to tie the game.

GG Axler, and its a shame that you couldn't get the win, you deserved it.
    I always love to hear about hero plays working out... nice team name too ;)

Smaug and I just finished our div D game. 0-0 between his nurgle and my necros, although smaug really should have won.

He broke my armour 58% of the time so that I sustained 5 injuries, 5 KOs and 8 stuns.

The first half I recieved but couldn't make much headway with players constantly stunned. Nil-nil at halftime.

Second half smaug starts removing 1-2 players a turn and despite some clever/lucky crowd pushes I really can't do anything to stop his cage. However, I don't have to as smaug played overly cautious and the game ended with his cage still 1-2 turns away from the endzone.

Thanks for the game smaug, you should have won it.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Played Axler in Div K.

Necrosity 2 - 50 Shades of Beard 2
    As Chad said it was a game of general cock ups with occasional flashes of utter brilliance from both of our teams. Although I really should have positioned my players better when I got the blitz to block off any chance of him scoring. Still a good game that swung both ways.

Oh if you want to see his moment of last turn brilliance here it is

just realised he did it without any rerolls also!