View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 395 of 415 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 8290
    Network Hub
    2-2 for me and Axler in div K. My elves played a classy first half, making a fairly smooth three-turn touchdown followed by successfully scaring the ball-carrying werewolf out of his cage, cornering him, retreiving the ball and making a neat pass and TD at the end of the half.

Unfortunately, in the second half my brain melted and I left a massive gap in the middle of the pitch for Axler to make a quick touchdown. Then I put the ball in harms way and got my players tied up in all the wrong places. I was nearly saved by a werewolf repeatedly failing to pick up the ball, but he finally managed to scoop it up and equalise in the final turn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Given my loss in the first game and Jiiim's entirely undeserved snatching away of my hard-won victory in my second, it is looking very much as though we'll have a 2030TV team in the lowest division next season; is this a record, and if so do I get a prize and/or a fancy hat?

(Screwie: I made my inbox emptier)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 16-11-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    A 2000+TV Chaos team, at that. Ouchie.
    Last edited by Screwie; 16-11-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    If by "a fancy hat" you mean "to see Morg three matches in a row" then... yes!

newbie question: When's the deadline to decide what team I'd like to play with for the next season? I keep putting different teams down then changing my mind

Obscure Node
    Heya. Been playing the CG game on and off since it came out and played it against AI primarily. The few matches I did play online were.. not too pretty. That was when LE came out, I think. Now feels like a good time to start some serious online play. There's a variety of teams I could choose to play and such. I do however wonder if I can just jump in like that (by adding my info to the google doc). I will be looking into lowering my ping if at all possible because it used to be pretty bad.

Ah well. Let me know and I'll pick a team (1000 TV or less I assume) to start with.

yeah you can just add yourself in, await the next season (couple of weeks away) and you'll get assigned yo' division.

Yo.

Also hello Machination!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Don't forget that there's also the much more informal Challenge League if you want to get some practice in there before the next round starts:

www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Don't forget that there's also the much more informal Challenge League if you want to get some practice in there before the next round starts:

www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League
    Ahh. Seems like a sound idea. Thanks!

-edit- In the faq thread a networking guide is mentioned to be in the google doc for DOD but it isn't there. Can anyone point me at a different source of information? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Hmm-Hmm.; 16-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Who the hell deleted that. Okay just for you I have tracked down the original post. Turns out it was Hughtower who brought it to our attention, so, well, that's another mystery solved

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ll=1#post96172

Someone stick that back in the spreadsheet please, I'm not qualified to tinker with it.

Network Hub
    Mutilation record a 2-1 win over rattatatz to secure their berth in the championship for another season. If elf harm avoid defeat this round mutilation will be champions at the tender age of 11 games old but if grinns greenskins can win they will set up a winner takes all showdown at the end of the season. Drama or damp squib? We may find out tomorrow.

Hello Jim!

Stupid question that may-or-may-not be within the marvelous spreadsheet:
    I need to apply with a new team right? I can't reactivate the old Slay City Slayers one? (TV 1200~ish or so)

Edit - Nevermind; checked the rules sheet, dont think we reactivate, been gone too long, but I can remake the team.
    Last edited by Machination; 16-11-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Who the hell deleted that. Okay just for you I have tracked down the original post. Turns out it was Hughtower who brought it to our attention, so, well, that's another mystery solved

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ll=1#post96172

Someone stick that back in the spreadsheet please, I'm not qualified to tinker with it.
    I seem to recall someone creating a FAQ at some point which might benefit from a networking guide section.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    Hello Jim!

Stupid question that may-or-may-not be within the marvelous spreadsheet:
    I need to apply with a new team right? I can't reactivate the old Slay City Slayers one? (TV 1200~ish or so)

Edit - Nevermind; checked the rules sheet, dont think we reactivate, been gone too long, but I can remake the team.
    Don't be too sure on that. Have they played anywhere else in the meantime?

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Don't be too sure on that. Have they played anywhere else in the meantime?
    Nope, only games have been divisions of death...

Should be OK to come back in, wait and see what Mr Groovy Chainsaw says.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Should be OK to come back in, wait and see what Mr Groovy Chainsaw says.
    Excellent... (rubbing hands together in machiavellian fashion)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Altdorf Army 2 - 1 The Hertlingbrad Scholars

Robbed of at least a draw by a double skulls from Eeza who then lonered the reroll, which meant going into the half time break behind by a touchdown instead of in front by a touchdown (the ball having been knocked loose on a subsequent turn, but with me needing to merely push one player out of the way so my downed thrower could get back up and grab the ball back).

Eeza was not having a good game, boneheading almost every single turn (far more than he passed, anyway).

Oh well. It was a good game but once I'd gone behind there was no way back, not with my relatively fresh side against a very well developed opposing team.

If some kindly admin could validate that'd be awesome.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 16-11-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Altdorf Army 2 - 1 The Hertlingbrad Scholars

Robbed of at least a draw by a double skulls from Eeza who then lonered the reroll, which meant going into the half time break behind by a touchdown instead of in front by a touchdown (the ball having been knocked loose on a subsequent turn, but with me needing to merely push one player out of the way so my downed thrower could get back up and grab the ball back).

Eeza was not having a good game, boneheading almost every single turn (far more than he passed, anyway).

Oh well. It was a good game but once I'd gone behind there was no way back, not with my relatively fresh side against a very well developed opposing team.

If some kindly admin could validate that'd be awesome.
    There's an unkindly admin who's giving it a go, but for future reference it's easier for us if you put your Division letter or number with the report.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sketchseven and I played a game in division C.

2 - 1 to me. A crucial double skull by Sketch's Ogre gave me a counter TD at the end of turn 1 and a standard 2 turn TD gave me a near certain 2 - 0 lead. Sketch got 1 back but with only 1 turn left he needed a Blitz. A Blitz did not come.

Everything to play for going into the last game of the season.