View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 396 of 415 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    See? that's the way you do it. Learn from Hutton, people.
    I have done the validation thing for both matches in Div C.
    Also validated a match in E and one in K, both put their Divisions in the match report (you lovely helpful people). Now I need to go find whatever Division Screwie is in and validate that.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 16-11-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    ... if you put your Division letter or number with the report.
    Ah but that wouldn't test your deductive skills at all, would it?

...sowwy Weasel

Don't sweat it, I'm always grumpy about something.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What's that Nuffle, you want to give a second catcher on my team AG 4? Are you sure? I had been thinking of giving him Wrestle. Well, okay then, if you insist. AG 4 it is.

The Altdorf Army ain't what they used to be. They used to be a dreaded Wall of Guard team; now they're... elves?

K my Ball carrier beastman with two heads and extra arms just rolled +1 Str, yea? or take dodge?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo View Post
    K my Ball carrier beastman with two heads and extra arms just rolled +1 Str, yea? or take dodge?
    Definitely dodge. He's already got horns for when he needs it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Its an odd one, He's able to blitz out of trouble with regularity because of horns, +50TV for +st almost seems punitive when you are already loaded up with ST4 guys.

My suggestion? Block, not dodge. He's a ball carrier and will be the target of blitzers, he'll be just as able to defend himself as if he had dodge, He can dodge well(2+) anyway with heads and block doesn't get cancelled out by tackle (sure, wrestle does, but that's safer and rarer) Its also useful offensively, there are a whole bunch of times where blitzing your ball carrier out of trouble will be safer than dodging and block will allow you to turn the 1/9 turn over from your own block vs most players into a 1/36 risk(without even using a reroll).

Block 'cost' 10TV less and it will promote further SPP gain.

Just my 2
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'd get dodge as it will help with dodging and also help him not get knocked over on a blitz. Next skill I'd take block.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Get the str, to force 2 dice against blocks when your opponent can only get a single player in hitting range. More effective than dodge, given the number of safeties you'll encounter with tackle or strip ball. Also 2 dice for you when you don't have the ball and you're marking someone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    ST, definitely ST. Ball carriers should always take ST, and Chaos should always take ST. Take ST.

Played Div K match vs Screwies Journeymen.

50 Shades of Beard (Chaos Dwarf - chadsexington) vs Teefer Madness (Orc - Screwie)

I won the toss and the kick went off field - a perfect result when you want a to give a centaur the ball. I quickly cage a few squares from half and begin hitting. Every hit is a push. Oh well.

Screwie did not have that problem, landing the majority of his early blocks (I manage to catch up later, but I digress). He also mucks up any plans I have of going forward - at least on that half of the pitch. He manages to leave two dwarf blockers unmarked, so I reverse the direction, aided by the sprint and sure feet combo of the centaur - end up on the other side of the pitch.

Screwie has problems regaining proper marks, allowing me to put that centaur two squares from the endzone and mark almost anyone who can reach him.

Enter the hero goblin.

One to two dodges and a double against block later, the ballcarrying centaur is lying facedown on the pitch and the goblin in the infirmary.

Its all for naught, however, as the centaur gets up, scoops the ball, and walks in the TD.

1-0 Beard.

4 turns remain for Screwie to equalize, and i'm making it as difficult as I can. He gets the ball in the hands of a goblin and sticks him beside a troll. Fearing a toss, I put a few safeties downfield to do what I can.

The play was a fake! The goblin rushes downfield and is within 1 turn of a TD. Most of my players are marked up pretty good, so I have difficulty getting the proper positions.

My crucial mistake was not recognizing the subtle differences between a downed centaur and a perfectly fine centaur. I wasted my charge in what I thought was a regular attack, leaving Screwies ball carrying gobbo a GFI away from a TD.

1-1

I kickoff at half, and through a completely intentional kick, put it right on the TD line in the back corner. Screwie gets a break when I try to capitalize by moving my centaurs deep into his territory - failing the GFI on the first one.

He refuses to make use of this by failing to pick up the ball with his Sure Hands Thrower and knocking it off field. Luckily for him it landed about two squares from where it was, remaining safely out of my grasp.

He scoops it up, runs up a bit, and tosses it to a waiting goblin who watches the ball pass through his fingers.

About this time my blocking stats start outpacing Screwies, getting many clutch knockdowns and KO's. I scoop the ball and push up towards the TD, though I elect to try to handoff to a centaur instead of walking it in. Swing and a miss.

A few more handoff attempts sees the centaur finally grab the ball, somewhere around turn 15.

2-1 Beard

ok, so still on the fence about that, but another question, my pub chaos team has a chaos warrior whos first level up was +1 STR, now he finally leveled and got doubles, oh god what to do, dodge? and then get block just in case i dont get doubles again? ARGH

dodge (then block, then DT on a doubles, stand firm on a normal) and he is possibly the most annoying roadblock ever

So, doubles on a centaur. Jump up for irritating-ness later? Dodge, or ignore?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    ok, so still on the fence about that, but another question, my pub chaos team has a chaos warrior whos first level up was +1 STR, now he finally leveled and got doubles, oh god what to do, dodge? and then get block just in case i dont get doubles again? ARGH
    Jump up, you are av9,falling down occasionally isn't a problem really. But your mv4 is. That st5 can break tackle into some cages(4+) and still get 2D blocks alone (st2 ball carriers), but all that mobility is wrecked by falling down. Not only does jump up mean an extra "standing up blitz" (on a 2+)but also it allows for greater positioning and marking.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Block. There are too many good skills on normal rolls - +1st, block, guard, mighty blow, tentacles, claw, stand firm and you can't even get all of those. My divisions team has a st5, block warrior and he just dominates games.

edit -that reply was to jo

I agree with Screwie - take the ST. Your main aim for a ball carrier is to make yourself hard to hit and ST is great for that. Yes, horns give you an extra ST on a blitz but you shouldn't be blitzing with your ball carrier anyway unless you're in a jam. ST 4 carrier sat in a cage means your opponent has to get a guard assist in just to get 1d on the carrier. Get some guard on your cage corners and you're golden.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    The Altdorf Army ain't what they used to be. They used to be a dreaded Wall of Guard team; now they're... elves?
    Shit over-priced elves. Yeah, it is slightly annoying. I've had a high turnover of two of my Blitzer positions and every time the replacement blitzers have rolled a double for their first level up (before dieing a few games later) so Dodge is basically mandatory. So I have 4 blodgers on my team which is very nice but only 4 Guard, an one of those Guard is on a Ogre (so unreliable), another is on an Armour 7 player (easy to lose from the game) and the third is on my Bloatey McBloat bloat of a Lineman (Wrestle Guard Tackle Side Step).

AG 4 on my Catchers basically turn them into slow Gutter Runners who can't get mutations.

Woe, woe is me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    So, doubles on a centaur. Jump up for irritating-ness later? Dodge, or ignore?
    If you're going to use him as a scorer, I would say Dodge for keeping him upright (and to go with Break Tackle later) or maybe Side Step for annoyance factor.

If you're going the killer blitzer route, then Jump Up would be good, assuming you'll get Piling On later. Or Diving Tackle if he's to play a defensive role.