View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 397 of 415 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Shit over-priced elves. Yeah, it is slightly annoying. Woe, woe is me.
    I did make a spirited effort to kill some of them but sadly it didn't quite work out as planned. His team are all a bit elvish so I decided to just batter them and foul them off the pitch. It was working pretty well, right up until the point I needed to just free up my thrower to grab the loose ball - but my Ogre rather badly let me down, dskulls followed by lonering the reroll. At which point AH elfed the ball up field and the game was over.

Edit: Just ran the match through BBM. Failed 6 out of 16 Bonehead rolls with Eeza, and rolled a staggering number of 1s in the match - 31 1D6 rolls, 10 1s.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 17-11-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Edit: Just ran the match through BBM. Failed 6 out of 16 Bonehead rolls with Eeza, and rolled a staggering number of 1s in the match - 31 1D6 rolls, 10 1s.
    One of the seasons I had my norse my yeti failed something like 12/15 wild animal rolls - all bonused. The remaining turns he was KO'd or BH'd.

I'm not going to lie, but most of the time I was thinking he'd make a much better rug than player.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    I'm [...] thinking he'd make a much better rug than player.
    I have tried to do it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Despite myself I bought Chaos Edition the other day (Mainly so I had a version of BB on Steam for less faff) so after a long break I'm getting that BloodBowl itch again, so I'll jump back in next Season please.

I can either bring back my 1980TV Khemri team or if that's too awkward to fit in somewhere I'd be happy to roll up something new and different.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Erm no. We have no room for that team. We only have room for a fresh underworld team.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    I did make a spirited effort to kill some of them but sadly it didn't quite work out as planned. His team are all a bit elvish so I decided to just batter them and foul them off the pitch. It was working pretty well, right up until the point I needed to just free up my thrower to grab the loose ball - but my Ogre rather badly let me down, dskulls followed by lonering the reroll. At which point AH elfed the ball up field and the game was over.

Well, to be fair that means 6 of those 10 1s were Eeza. that just leaves 4 1s for the rest of your rolls.

Graever and I just played our day 2 div D game.

Some early good armour rolls lead to one of his blizers picking up -1str (apo to dead) and a KO on a lino and star player. This let me get in a position to turtle out the half near the endzone.

Graever decided he didn't like his prospects being at a ~400TV deficit and being down a couple players so conceded.

I'm sorry the match didn't go according to plan Graever. Best of luck to you in your next match!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Div. D: Rakish Rodents (INinja, Ska) 1 - 2 Irrelevant Illnesses (Me, Nur)

A poor match for Ninja. Though I was the underdog, receiving some 400k+ of inducements (which went to two Babes and Grashnak Blackhoof), the casualty dice nevertheless rapidly turned in my favor, leaving Ninja with little means to mount a defense.

The match started out rather more positively for him, with him choosing to kick and immediately getting a Blitz on the result. Capitalizing on this, his Rat Ogre promptly KO'd one of my Block-MB-Tackle Pestigors and cleared a path for rats to flood into the backfield. Though the GR standing under the ball failed to catch the kick, my defensive efforts were nevertheless insufficient, and only served to delay the TD by a few turns (though I did also manage to BH Ninja's monster level 6 GR).

Receiving again, things went rather better for me the second time around. Though I still failed my initial pickup, I also began to quickly rack up casualties. Blackhoof in particular earned his salary with a couple of solid hits, including Badly Hurting Ninja's Rat Ogre. Over the 5 or 6 turns I had remaining in the first half to make it down the pitch, I took out a total of 4 rats. This left the Rodents with little enough to stop me, and my ball carrying Pestigor successfully made the single GFI to walk into the endzone on Turn 8.

Though Ninja was receiving for the second half, this did him little good, as a failed pickup lead to Blackhoof blitzing his way through the skaven line and charging into the backfield to mark the ball. The rest of my players proceeded to bash every rat within reach and mark the rest, with my two tackle Pestigors dropping back to mark the GRs that had slipped down the sidelines towards my endzone. On the next attempt, the pickup was successful, with the skaven thrower carrying forward to the line to attempt a long pass to one of the waiting GRs. Though the interception attempt failed, Disturbing Presence ensured that the pass was fumbled. Scuffling ensued, which eventually resulted in me recovering the ball and getting it into a reasonably secure position. Though Ninja got a couple more attempts to dislodge the ball before I could get it into a solid cage, neither of these succeeded. From that point forward, the remainder of the second half was a fairly standard grind to the endzone. I even finally succeeded in getting the ball into the hands of my one remaining skilless Pestigor, who then carried the ball easily in for the winning TD on the final turn.

So once again I find my team punching above their weight, and succeeding where I had not looked for it. My block dice were genuinely obscene, resulting in success 71% of the time. Injury dice were also above average, with a 50% success rate. That alone pretty much tells the tale, as the Rodents just didn't have the manpower to slow me down most of the game. Thanks for playing, Ninja. Better luck next match. :)

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Graever and I just played our day 2 div D game.

Some early good armour rolls lead to one of his blizers picking up -1str (apo to dead) and a KO on a lino and star player. This let me get in a position to turtle out the half near the endzone.

Graever decided he didn't like his prospects being at a ~400TV deficit and being down a couple players so conceded.

I'm sorry the match didn't go according to plan Graever. Best of luck to you in your next match!
    Once again, Sorry for just quitting on you.

However I'd like to make the point that it had very little to do with the dead blitzer (nuffle happens) and everything to do with the difference in levels between your players and mine. I just couldn't see how to accomplish anything worthwhile against that monster of a team you've managed to assemble and so ended up quitting out of sheer frustration.

I mean I'm far from the best blood bowl player even by RPS standards but usually i can at least see some possibility of winning (or at least surviving) a match rather then just lying down and getting beaten to pieces.

Network Hub
    Oh, take your beating like a man. It builds character!

...I'll get me coat.

Network Hub
    Played 11 won 11 and completed the perfect record by winning the championship before dropping a point. A touchdown record of 36 for to 6 against underlines the ease of the cruise with only zenohero putting up a contest. Bow down before me my bitches ;-)

I am in two minds if i should carry on with this team after such a dominant run. I am thinking reroll out my comfort zone, maybe to norse or lizard, or keep mutilation but handicap them by trying to find a use for assassins and move away from the normal player builds and tactics and try something new with dark elves.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    Played 11 won 11 and completed the perfect record by winning the championship before dropping a point. A touchdown record of 36 for to 6 against underlines the ease of the cruise with only zenohero putting up a contest. Bow down before me my bitches ;-)

I am in two minds if i should carry on with this team after such a dominant run. I am thinking reroll out my comfort zone, maybe to norse or lizard, or keep mutilation but handicap them by trying to find a use for assassins and move away from the normal player builds and tactics and try something new with dark elves.
    Congratulations! Just the Open to go now...

Congrats! Impressive achievement Corkir especially that TD difference. I don't feel that handicapping them is the way forward though. Either reroll or build a dynasty as Jiiiiiiim did with the magnates in my opinion. Reason being that as a coach I don't want to win because my opponent has decided to gimp their team, I want to win on merit. That may just be my competitive edge talking though :)

Oi, oi, you might have won the championship on points but you still haven't played my Nobz yet. Hold your tanned bollocks before waving the undefeated flag - you've just given me more reasons to invest in extra hurty squig juice for our upcoming match :p

Activated Node

Grrr I will drag my team to the top for a rematch, just you wait! It's fun to play against teams that have something like that going, so my two cents is leave them be and see who can rise and challenge you in the next few season ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Congrats Corkir! I reckon I could have squeezed out a draw against you if I had had better luck on one or two dice rolls in the first half. Especially that 2+ pass, 3+ catch with reroll which would have given me a goal. Snake eyes are so unfair when they happen to me! ;-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Congratulations Corkir, an impressive achievement.

But why retire? You'd be missing out on the other half of the essential elf experience, your team collapsing under the weight of its own injuries and spiralling expenses!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Well done Corkir, a rapid rise to power indeed!

If I were you I'd hang around for a season or two to prove your might before retiring, it's hard to hang on at the top. I think you might have skipped past some challenging teams in div 1 and 2, too (*cough*LIKE ME*cough*), and you know how the BB fans will talk if it turns out to be a 'one-season wonder' ;-).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Indeed, with the new structure of the divisions it's not rising to the top that's the real challenge, it's staying there. With 2-down one-up for the top divisions, it's a slippery slope.

1. I noticed that Jiim's Magnates went on to win the championship, several times.

I TOLD YOU SO

2. Groovy, what do you think about restarting the Slay City Slayers? They've only played DoD, and only about 3 (4?) games; I don't mind rerolling but if its ok to bring them back I would rather do that, if only for nostalgia.