View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 399 of 415 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,980 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Of course I did it to be flippant, but now I kind of like how it looks. I'm thinking all my match reports will have headlines from now on...

GC - you'll be happy to know that zombie Baron Blitzkrieg has finally gotten his first SPP!

After 30 games with 0 spp he got an MVP and TD from the default and now has block.

This is certainly the longest any player I've had has gone with 0 spp. It looks like the Baron was killed/raised on 7/8/2011, so it took over a year!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    GC - you'll be happy to know that zombie Baron Blitzkrieg has finally gotten his first SPP!

After 30 games with 0 spp he got an MVP and TD from the default and now has block.

This is certainly the longest any player I've had has gone with 0 spp. It looks like the Baron was killed/raised on 7/8/2011, so it took over a year!
    And then the next match he failed his regeneration against a death.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Nice to see he's gone on to so much more, he was only in my team for a couple of games. My other catchers hired at the same time also took about a year to get any SPPs. However his wife, Baroness Blitzkrieg, is on a quest for revenge and already has 2 levels since her husband's death! :-)

*Nervously clears throat* Ahem....

Ladies and Gentlefolk of the administration board. Firstly let me applaud you on the magnificent job you folks are doing. It must be hard keeping Weasel in his seat in front of the telly and not ringing Points of View to complain about "that gang bang style song" being played in the grand prix build up.

I respectfully apologise for any wrongdoing on my behalf when requesting a validation for my game and humbly beg your forgiveness for such flagrant disregard for proper procedures. I also sincerely apologise to Zoraster for the increased size of his/her waistline today due to lack of activity caused by requesting a validation that had already been completed. I have taken it upon myself to eat a gigantic slice of chocolate cake to level the score. Due to the lateness of the finishing time of our game I left it till lunchtime today to submit the request but was unable to check validation status as I was in work.

I grudgingly submit my testicles to be acid bricked so my genetic code may be wiped from humanitys gene pool thus preventing the possibility of such ignorance being allowed to reproduce.

Acid bricks are currently in maintainince, the alkali blender is standing in, it's prone to jamming, might take a few goes.

I hope you've sharpened the blades.....

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I hope you've sharpened the blades.....
    I turned the blade around, the cutting edge was getting kinda ragged.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    3 days remaining until the deadline, and some of you have barely begun to organise your games. Start spinning up the blender, Helio.

Those in danger of being frappéed, remember the miracle of Steam chat allows you to talk to your prospective opponent and arrange a game, and this forum has private message facilities. Kindly endeavour to arrange your matches.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 20-11-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Network Hub
    Ok...Lowkey and I have played our game in Div J.

Lowkey 3-1 Elesium

The first half ended quite well, 1-1 and no injuries or anything, two teams playing well. The 2nd half began as it went on, the first kick off result = Stone = DEAD. One HElf Linesman dead. With a badly hurt falling shortly after, my team was incapable of stopping him scoring, to add to it, he killed one of my other linesman in a block.

This means that my HElf team is now at 8 men (lost a guy first game due to a -1 strength through firing) and is done I think, after the game versus Recoil I am going to send this team to the BB graveyard.

Good game to Lowkey, he played well and was a good sport about the bad luck I had.

All praise the great lord Nuffle! He shall giveth and he shall murder all your players!

I have validated your match; both you in your post, and Lowkey in his "please validate our match I got all the levels" steam-o-chat mentioned it was div J and made my life easier, and I thank you for this.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 20-11-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Aye thanks for the game Elesium, nuffle gave you a tough hand and you did your best with it. I find elf teams can be a bit make or break early on, risking getting into a financial spiral down, although I saw you got a couple of levels so conflicting!

the thing about elf teams is that you get str 3 agi 4 loners who are genuinely useful out of the box, so even having a short roster isn't necessarily a killer - you also get the bonus of being able to put those players on the line to take the hits, since you don't care about them. You're likely to be lower in TV than your opponents if you're in that state, which should even afford you the luxury of taking a merc and not being inevitably outnumbered for the whole match after one injury.

Div H
    Blackest of Black Blacks 1 - 2 Primordial Stew

* A good, if frustrating, game where, if dice had ran a different way at the crucial moments, would've resulted in a win. But it was not to be.
    * Crucial moment 1: Two pestigors have made a break for it but I have defenders in reach. Either I risk a 1d block with a re-roll or, with a few extra moves, have a potential 2d block with more defenders in place if it fails. So I try to move my ghoul. Snake-eyes.
    * Crucial moment 2: I need a quick TD before the 1st half ends so try a long pass to my ghoul near the endzone, hoping my passer doesn't fumble it. I know there are no defenders nearby so it doesn't matter if the pass fails, as long as he doesn't fumble it. Pestigor intercepts in a tackle zone with a 6.
    * Crucial moment 3: A pestigor has KO'd himself, leaving the ball tantalisingly open. All I need is my mummy to 2d blitz a pestigor away and I can recover the ball with my ghoul. Double skulls rerolled to double both down.
    * Crucial moment 4: The ball carrying pestigor has just fumbled a pass beside my star player and my str 4 ghoul. A good blitz followed by a pick up should give me a break away with only two defenders in reach. Star player breaks away, hits pestigor but using my reroll. Ghoul attempts pick up. It can only be 1
    * Crucial moment 5: Somehow, I can still equalise on my last turn with some ridiculous dice. 2 3+ dodges, 4 GFIs, 4+ ball pick up after reroll and I'm in position with a 4+ pass and possible 5+ catch. Yeah, rolled a 1. (ok this was less likely :)

Network Hub
    I think the key thing for me is I wasn't enjoying playing as them, being able to pass and things is nice, but all in all both games I've not felt as if I have enjoyed playing the game. Not too take away from Lowkey or Heliocentric, but the 2nd halves is so demoralising as no reserves, limited re-rolls and squishy players means that no matter how strong your first half is, the 2nd is a cake walk. I am a bashy player at heart me thinks.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elesium View Post
    I am a bashy player at heart me thinks.
    We're all different in that respect. I'm a passing player. I even turned my dwarf team in the Challenge into passers at the first sign of a double. (And it works! Two TD by passing plays in their last match.)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    We're all different in that respect. I'm a passing player. I even turned my dwarf team in the Challenge into passers at the first sign of a double. (And it works! Two TD by passing plays in their last match.)
    I still need to kill that little bastard with HMP.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    I still need to kill that little bastard with HMP.
    I forgot, you were there ;).

Now there are two days remaining until the deadline. Get your games organised, or risk inconveniencing anyone else and having them be mildly annoyed at you.

... actually I just said it was OK if someone got their game in by 1pm on Saturday so I suppose the rest of you can have until then too, but no later, or I will have you nibbled to death by hungry weasels. I can do that, I have that power.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 21-11-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Got Sollitus pinged on all channels (Steam, PM and Division group), hopefully we'll get it done before then