View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 404 of 415 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 8290
    Division 1 - Bishi Bashi Speshal vs Cute Harmless Hippys

Don't believe it, it's a lie, they certainly aren't harmless!

My worst match as of yet.

First turn, he receives, and immediately breaks the jaw of one of my black orcs. Turn 2, two more injuries costing me another black orc and a blitzer. At this point he had also secured the ball and caged it up beyond any hopes for my violently diminished team.

No longer aiming to win, merely to survive, I grouped my players, and tried to inflict some injuries myself. But the dice were just not helping - a troll falling over and KOing himself for instance!

By the end of the match I had at least slowed Jarvis to 2 TDs, and even managed to draw even on numbers. Unfortunately the only real damage I achieved against him (a broken neck) was apoc'd to a badly hurt.

Final score 2-0 to Cute Harmless Hippys.

And I'm willing to tell Nuffle where to put that particular set of dice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi Kapouille, I think we'll set it to a 0-0, as Sollitus did at make the game finally.

Sollitus, let us know if you're having difficulties making the games! We'll try to be accommodating, but your opponents could do with a bit more communication!

EVERYONE - Remember the groups (up top) are there for organising the matches and should be the primary route for doing this!

Network Hub
    Just to say that Division F is still on Week 2 of the matches.

However, since my week 3 match is against Walrus, who is currently defaulting to Prester John (and hasn't been heard from all season), and Prester John's week 3 match is against Skydancer (who has properly announced that he will be defaulting all his games this season), there's no particular hurry on moving it forward.

Just wanted to be sure that the admins were aware of the situation.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Picked up the Legendary Edition in the Steam Sale for 3.74, since it seemed rude not to, and I'm debating joining the Divisions of Death next season. Problem: exams and Christmas. What are the odds of the next season starting before 12th December?

Obscure Node
    Sorry guys im gonna have to drop out of this season, im to busy and have some family issues going on.....i tried playing my last match and my damn internet went out for like 5 hours. Not sure if or when ill be back to the bb grid iron but for right now, until i let you guys know other wise im gonna be inactive.

thanks sol

Cheese It!!! (Ska, Gorm)vs. Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (Orc, me)

The final game of the current Division was a bit special for me. I have had my experiences with Skaven in the past and most of those memories aren't happy ones. If I had to criticise my own performance on the field, I'd say that positioning is my biggest weakness. Often I find my rather slow Orcs outplayed by more agile teams, which may not come as much of a surprise, but the most frustrating situations for me as a BB coach have always been those where I felt that I should have had things under control but didn't.

So having to face a halfway developed Skaven team while only sporting one Tackle player and having lost my Block-Thrower in the last game was not something I was looking forward to. Without going into too much detail I have to say that the game went pretty well for me. I won the coin toss, chose to kick for a good ol' 2-1 grind attempt and promptly got a Blitz! event to get things going. The first half I was busy throwing blocks against Gorm's rats while trying to somehow contain his Gutter Runners. The first part of the plan went alright, but not too long into the game a few rats managed to slip through my defense and carry the ball close to the scoring line. Luckily, I had a free Blitzer that - with support of my Goblin - managed to knock over the exposed ball carrier and allowed me to move the ball back, closer to the Line of Scrimmage. Reaching the midfield, the ball was quickly caged and a slow march upfield, back into the Skaven's half of the pitch began, ultimately resulting in a turn 8 TD for my Orcs.

In the second half, the ball was kicked not too deep, allowing me a quick advance using a Blitzer instead of my Thrower as a carrier. I think somewhere around this point already two rats where in the injury box, allowing me to capitalise on my strength advantage. It was also then that I realised how lucky I had been throughout the previous turns with my dice:

1. My Troll only ever failed a Really Stupid roll once and apart from that one time behaved very well, always trotting to where I needed him.

2. I didn't fail any pick up attempts. My Goblin even managed to get the ball out from under the long nose of one of Gorm's players and dodge away with it.

3. Said Goblin made a successful short pass to a Blitzer in the second half.

4. A misclick of mine made us watch a Black Orc Blocker nimbly dodge away from his opponent.

The Orcs then continued their slow stroll down the field, resulting in a second TD with two turns left on the clock. But it was in the very last turn, even with the very last action of the game, that the most dramatic event of the whole match took place. After setting up for the final drive, a heated melee developed near the Line of Scrimmage. My suspicion is that the rats went into a collective bloodlust after having been denied their cheese for too long. Whatever the reasons for their behaviour, the oversized rodents beat on my greenskins in a storm of blocks. One particularly savage rat then jumped at a Black Orc - and tripped. Skull. Both as the result on the die and as the small icon hovering above its limp body. Luckily, a quick professional intervention by the apothecary turned what would have been a tragedy into a MNG.

Thank you Gorm for this match which was the final one for RPS forum allstars.

Edit: Also, your sidestepping blodging Storm Vermin is a plague. A plague!!
    Last edited by Squiz; 28-11-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusibeta View Post
    Picked up the Legendary Edition in the Steam Sale for 3.74, since it seemed rude not to, and I'm debating joining the Divisions of Death next season. Problem: exams and Christmas. What are the odds of the next season starting before 12th December?
    ello ello, I would think fairly high, the season ends on the 3rd December and so ideally I think we would try and get the next started by that weekend, this of course depends on our beloved admins herding us beloved cats

Hi Delusibeta, I'd hope we could get going before the 12th, like lowkey says. Additionally, we usually double one of the weeks over xmas (so a 20 day window!) due to scheduling being a bit more difficult, and we're much more likely to grant extensions etc. over the xmas period, if that helps?

@Sollitus, sorry to see you go, thanks for letting us know. I'll mark you as Z on the sheet for next season if you haven't done already.

ADDITIONAL - If anyone's posted in here declaring their absence from next season, could they (or someone who's been paying attention) enter them as Z on the sheet in the 'next season' column? I've got squirrel and sollitus so far in there.... plus it looks like we have 3 returning/rebooting players and 2 new?
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 28-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.

May I gently, respectfully and with all the due reference nudge any of the gentleadmins to move div G to day 3 please?

That way, will be able to proceed to get laminated by short and stout fellers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    ADDITIONAL - If anyone's posted in here declaring their absence from next season, could they (or someone who's been paying attention) enter them as Z on the sheet in the 'next season' column? I've got squirrel and sollitus so far in there.... plus it looks like we have 3 returning/rebooting players and 2 new?
    Should rebooters put Zs in the Next Season column? Or Rs? Or nothing at all?

Also Hands is hibernating, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    May I gently, respectfully and with all the due reference nudge any of the gentleadmins to move div G to day 3 please?

That way, will be able to proceed to get laminated by short and stout fellers.
    Hi Kapouille, thought I did this last night, give me a shout if that's not the case!

@Screwie - Yup, R for rebooters in there, Z is only for people departing... I'll mark up CSH in the sheet too.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Hi Kapouille, thought I did this last night, give me a shout if that's not the case!
    Ah, you're certainly right, I checked around 9pm yesterday, but not after that. Thanks Groovy!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I'll be dropping out for next season - got some seasonal work for December that basically means I'll be working just about every evening from now until Christmas Eve. Hope to return in the New Year.

How do you like this for a lazy match report? Division D!

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Division C
    (The Brain) Masquerade Ballers - Altdorf Army (Me)

The key thing for Human's to do is to play the opposite game to what their opponent is playing. This game was a classic demonstration of this. The Brain was playing the old "Fail every roll" strategy so the Army played "Pass every roll". 4 Elves in the casualty bucket, 4 TDs to the Army to only one in response. A pitch invasion wiped out half The Brain's team and left only two humans hurt. 2+ dodges with dodge failed with regularity. The litany of disasters was never ending.

Final score 4 - 1.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 30-11-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Ah, the number 1. Greatest of all the enemies of elf-kind.

The only good thing I can say about that match is that I didn't get any permanent injuries. I went into it looking for a promotion but came out glad I didn't have to retire my team.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Another one learns to Fear The Hutton.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Tier 2 is looking increasingly nasty for next season - there will be plenty of bash in there based upon current league positions.

It should actually be quite a good tier for a dodgy set of elves, who can sneak in a few wins while the chaos and orcs beat each other up.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Another one learns to Fear The Hutton.
    I honestly didn't have to do too much to win that. I received, sent an elf to the injury box. Ran two AG 4 catchers into his half. Passed and scored. He received, I put another elf into the injury box. Got a line to 1 dice block with the living god that is Wulf, recoverd the ball with Grayland, cursed as he was non fatally lightning bolted but still secured the ball and KO'd and elf to make it 2-0. Half time The Brain finally gets a diceroll to go his way and he scores a 2-turn elf touch down (the computer manages to cock up an autopath by me so instead of a clean blitz my player does a -2 dice dodge to attempt the Blitz and fails. I respond with a 2 turn Human touch down. And put another elf in the injury box (plus one in the KO box) at this point it turns out that all the Elves I've injured are the elves with Guard so my bash superiority was utterly overwhelming. Combined with the fact that every pass, dodge, catch and GFI I attempted (bar the misclick) succeeded. At this point, however, all of The Brain's stored up luck was used on a single turn that was simply too ridiculous to describe and 3-2 with enough turns left for a fuck up was looking a possibility. Alas he was one square short and I was able to blitz the ball carrier who failed to recover the next turn (fumbling a pickup in tackle zone) and I was able to move the ball the length of the pitch (pickup, throw, catch, hand off with unskilled players and no re-rolls used) to score my 4th. And send a 4th elf to the injury box.

Everything went right for me. Everything.

Also, I love Grab on my Blitzer. It kills pro-elf teams dead.