View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 405 of 415 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 8290
    I knew the game was going to go badly when you injured my Blodge, guard catcher in the first turn. You also forgot to mention that when I set up for my first offensive play a pitch invasion wiped out half my team so I ended up having to try and use the line of unconscious elves as a caging tactic. Unsurprisingly it didn't work out so well. The one mega lucky play almost made up for the whole game of bad luck but sadly wasn't to be either. I'd stick a video of it up if I knew how. I've put the match on BBmanager if anyone wants to see what a really good nuffling looks like. Not to take anything away from Mr Hutton as it was always going to be a tough match to win anyway. Roll on next season, I'll get a promotion eventually.

I've decided I'm going to join next season, rolling a Human team with rubbish player names due to a complete lack of inspiration. Fear the wrath of White von Mann!

So yeah, applied to RPS group, added details to the snazzy spreadsheet, filling up the Human quota and about to join the Steam group. Did I mess anything up?

[Edit] I should note that I won't be formally available for matches before the evening of December 10th, but that shouldn't be *too* much of a problem.
    Last edited by Delusibeta; 02-12-2012 at 12:26 AM.

bump......?

Network Hub
    Reaffirming my interest in playing next season :)

Quote Originally Posted by Delusibeta View Post
    So yeah, applied to RPS group, added details to the snazzy spreadsheet, filling up the Human quota and about to join the Steam group. Did I mess anything up?
    That about covers everything I think. Keep an eye on the thread for when the next season will start as there is usually some shuffling of teams and appplying to divisions to be done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The Red Skull Reavers actually won a game in Div H. Truly it is a sign of the End Times. The Mayans were right.
    Deesno Cacamas's almost brand new undead team (5 games played) came up against my veteran chaos team with 38 games under their belt. They've seen it all, the Red Skull Reavers: the long, agonizing struggle to reach the impossibly lofty pinnacle of the Champs' Division, the reorganisation of the league just after they got there to make the whole feat much less impressive, the depressing plummet in straight seasons from the top of the pyramid to Div H in the third tier. They've seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, watched C beams glitter off the Tannhauser Gate, faced the might of the Altdorf Army in the days it fielded 8 players with guard, tried in vain to stop Chainsawhands scoring touchdowns with elves... all these things will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
    But not today. For the Red Skull Reavers redeemed themselves, and finally won a game, so they're not going to die today. We'll see you next season, Divisions of Death!

(also we killed Cacamas's only stat up player, a str 4 ghoul, so I feel a little guilty - but they're doomed from the start, ghouls, with paper armour and no regen, and it's not like I killed him on purpose. Seems a shame though).

It was close, until turn 12. Tied at 1-1, the ball was loose surrounded by players from both teams.
    Then my mummy hit the deck on a 2d block, which led to my str 4 ghoul getting killed, which was followed by a push back of my vampire knocking the ball into the arms of a nearby beastie when the scatter could've equally gone to one of my players, which was then followed by a succession of hits knocking virtually my entire team down.
    Since I was already outnumbered with my two zombies getting badly hurt and KO'd respectively on the first turn of the half, it made the winning score inevitable. Even so, I had a sniff of a chance to stop the score when a failed dodge opened the way for a 2d block on the ball carrier with my vamp. Never mind, he failed the dodge and following loner reroll. >:(

Blackest of Black Blacks 1 - 2 Red Skull Reavers
    Div H

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    faced the might of the Altdorf Army in the days it fielded 8 players with guard
    Do not give your self airs and graces. I've never had 8 players with Guard.

My high water mark was 7 players with guard which lasted for about 2 games before my team started suffering from a bad case of death.

At best you have faced a 6 Guard team. And got beat, MWUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.

Jeez, let a man have a little poetic license

Network Hub
    Well thats Div J done now!

Elesium 4 - 1 Recoil

Was a good game, no deaths of injuries and could have gone either way....except every 2+ dice roll that Recoil had to make he failed, every GFI, quite a few dodges and just generally had a bad time of it. Nuffle is as always a benevolent god and put the ball exactly where I needed it for my AG5 catcher to get lots more SPP.

May even keep the team after this! Will need to see how it looks when the season ends.

validated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I know this thread has alot of legacy, but I think it might be time for a new one the poll bug is stopping Rotekian
    from accessing the thread.

In the mean time I will Create a little pocket thread for him which quotes the leading post in this thread.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Div B is also a wrap. A 1-0 win against Daves Nurgle means I get to loiter in tier 2 for another season

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Division 2
    Sorrow in Naggaroth:
    Dread Pool Mourn and Drink Blood of Fallen
    Teammate at Memorial Sacrifice and Buffet

Neulan the Nasty, then youngest of Dread Pool's terrible
    "Guard Bastard" trio, was killed in action today during the
    Pool's season-closing Division 2 victory against the Agathis
    Avengers, a wood elf team. Neulan was posthumously
    awarded the MVP medal by his team.

"It's not right, when life snatches away something so
    precious to you," Esrel Rage, a fellow Guard Bastard and the
    most inexplicably-rewarded member of the dark elf squad, said
    when pressed for comment. "I mean, he's dead - it's not like
    he can use it," he later added, over the sound of his six MVP
    medals jangling.

Other members of the close-knit team have paid tribute to
    the fallen Neulan. Obsidian, the team's lone witch elf, built a
    funerary display from his widow's blood and entrails. "I feel
    it's what he would have wanted," she was heard to say.

---

Agathis Avengers (WElf, AgP) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)
    Full-Time Score: 5 - 1 to the Pool

So this happened!

Probably my team's best ever result... although it was not without some terrible luck for AgP. As Nuffle would have it, he missed a couple of crucial rolls which would have made the scores a lot closer. It was 2-1 at half time, with everything still to play for.

The story of the match was a cool, calculated game of elf chess where the mistakes really mattered. Every drive seemed to come down to permutations on similar tactics; AgP's thrower would wait in the backfield while his many catchers and wardancer sought open space away from my Shadowers, Tacklers and Pass Blockers - all while one of my lot charges upfield to interfere.

AgP was cruelly robbed of two almost-sure TDs by GFI rolls failing on the end zone, and a third certain goal by a fantastic Pass Block interception (AgP took care to position his thrower as far as he could outside the Pass Blocker's reach, but the line of the pass still gave my guy one valid square to move to... and it was enough).

AgP's second wardancer died on a bad dodge early in the match - but she was only level 2 and already had a niggle, so AgP didn't bother to save her. Later I lost my lvl 2 Guard lineman in a block, but it was too early and he was too green, so I didn't fancy saving him either. Annoyingly the MVP he went on to earn would have made him level 3 - and my apothecary went unused the entire match.

I can't exactly complain, though. My MA 8 witch elf was the real star of the show, scoring four TDs. My fifth was from one of my runners, who has also levelled from the SPPs in this game.

AgP was a gracious player even when things just weren't going his way. The scoreline really does not reflect the quality of the match at all - if a couple of crucial rolls had gone the other way for either of us it could have been an utterly different outcome. Great match!
    Last edited by Screwie; 03-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.

validated, roll your level ups :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Jeez, let a man have a little poetic license
    Poetic license, also know as lies, also know as "He's not even a real Weasel", also known as "Why hasn't my Div C game with The Brain been validated, I want 8 players with Guard?"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    A real weasel? I don't think he's even a real *president*. It's all just lies built on lies, Al.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ahem. Are your hands chainsaws?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    They are, actually, as illustrated in this 100% genuine picture of me: freakbots.jpg

Network Hub
    I've Z'd myself out for next season. I don't think I'll have enough free time on my hands in the coming weeks, but I may be back after the new year. Foul Helio for me.