View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 410 of 415 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I've just started it, got in ahead of PW this time :-D. We're missing 6 players so far,

Jarvis in A
    Joose, AgP and Deesno in C,D,E
    Thekev506 in I
    and Kanesuke in poor old K.

If people don't show by... FRIDAY I'll start shuffling people around.
    You have been warned!!
    With K, I'm waiting to see if axler/kanesuke get promoted up if someone doesn't show. Failing that, we may need some filler teams, so let us know if you're keen and get an application in for K. Novelty teams preferred, Christmas themed even better :-).
    Personally I'd like to see the snotling only team "Santa's Little Snots" in there, but I may be biased. ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, not quite so funny when they get Morg and a wizard as inducements against a starting TV1000 team...

:)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    20Pheinix is willing to submit a filler team, and I am happy to make an dwarf, all-beards, dressed in red, Grumpy Santas team if another filler is needed.

Actually, with Deesno Cacamas having checked in and us knowing he'll be applying next week, we know that division is effectively filled, and we can fill the others around it. That should only leave 2 outstanding players in the fully staffed divisions, and maybe Kanesuke too.

Ah, Christmas is around the corner. I'd be willing to play one more season with a filler Santa's-Helpers Elves team if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    20Pheinix is willing to submit a filler team, and I am happy to make an dwarf, all-beards, dressed in red, Grumpy Santas team if another filler is needed.

Actually, with Deesno Cacamas having checked in and us knowing he'll be applying next week, we know that division is effectively filled, and we can fill the others around it. That should only leave 2 outstanding players in the fully staffed divisions, and maybe Kanesuke too.
    I have a theme and name - Rudolphs Revenge with all the players named after reindeer. Just struggling to decide on a race.

Chaos with full Beastmen?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Chaos with full Beastmen?
    And the minotaur, who could be a particularly large and temperamental reindeer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You could call it The Reindeer Games

I can throw in a filler team if the division happens to be mostly NA based. I don't think it's fair to put in a filler if I can only match up times on weekends ;)

I applied to D a few days ago amigos, did it not go through?
    Where you can find some of my mischief: http://karandraz.wordpress.com/

Nope. Do it again, thank you please.

Division CHAMPS is started

Division 1 is started
    Division 2 is started

Division A is started

Division B is all ready to go
    Division C is awaiting an application from Joose
    Division D is all ready to go, good work fellas.
    Division E is all ready to go
    Division F is ready to go
    Division G is ready to go
    Division H is ready to go
    Division I is awaiting an application from TheKev506
    Division J is ready to go
    the two-member Division K has received application from both the two members.

We can't start the lower tiers until the ones above are all sorted in case Groovy needs to reshuffle.

So that just leaves Joose and TheKev; if anyone knows them please give them a poke, as they have tomorrow to get their applications in before Groovy benches them for a season and moves people up to fill their places (which would actually work out quite handily - two no-shows, two spare players - except I'd rather we get every player into the spot they're supposed to have, and then do a couple of filler teams.)

Get your applications in, Joose and theKev.
    Maybe you tried already and think it worked, so you're not watching the thread - but you have to go all the way into "view league" and do the application from there, because if you apply from the league search screen the game often just cyanides your application.

I've dropped Joose a nudge on our home forum but he's been offline all day. Hopefully he'll pick it up at work when he has nothing better to do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm ok with not playing dwarves. Some elves in division C would be lovely.

Reindeer Games have submitted an application to K. The Christmas theme tailed off as I only had nine reindeer names so guest stars include bambi and bambis dead mum. Large angry deer is of course rudolph who has become very self concious of his nose.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Suggestion

I think we should have one round of games per week. I really like the league, but it is a bit too slow. I play one game on average a fortnight, 15 games since I started in June, and it's too long a time to really get the feel of your team.

I do not think that 90 minutes a week would be a particularly huge commitment to ask from people, and if we said (for example) that a round of games started on a monday, every week, there would be no need to warn people for not playing games. Your match is not done by Sunday night, you default, simple.

It would allow people a regular schedule of games, and starting the gameweek on the same day of the week would help people remember to play.

The problem with the Divisions is that we get 3 games over about 4 or 5 weeks, then 2 weeks off as we try to herd the cats for the new season. 1/3 of our time is spent in admin mode for the new season. If we said that we had 3 rounds of games over 3 weeks, then the draw on Tuesday or Wednesday, then you have until Saturday without fail to apply for the new league, we could get a much tighter and faster experience for everyone.

Only a suggestion, but there it is.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Suggestion

I think we should have one round of games per week. I really like the league, but it is a bit too slow. I play one game on average a fortnight, 15 games since I started in June, and it's too long a time to really get the feel of your team.

I do not think that 90 minutes a week would be a particularly huge commitment to ask from people, and if we said (for example) that a round of games started on a monday, every week, there would be no need to warn people for not playing games. Your match is not done by Sunday night, you default, simple.

It would allow people a regular schedule of games, and starting the gameweek on the same day of the week would help people remember to play.

The problem with the Divisions is that we get 3 games over about 4 or 5 weeks, then 2 weeks off as we try to herd the cats for the new season. 1/3 of our time is spent in admin mode for the new season. If we said that we had 3 rounds of games over 3 weeks, then the draw on Tuesday or Wednesday, then you have until Saturday without fail to apply for the new league, we could get a much tighter and faster experience for everyone.

Only a suggestion, but there it is.
    I'd go along with that. It might mean a few less players in the league, but those that remain would surely be more committed. That and the regular schedule would make it all easier to manage I think. The only problem is that it would be harsh for the odd time you really can't fit a match in from being away (and having two weekends in the current schedule does help with that), but I don't think that's a big issue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I played in OCC (orca cola) after being asked to fill a hole in a division by Everblue and they run a strict 1 week system, it doesnt really work there for me because no-one is on steam so you need to organise strict times to meet in game which doesn't work if you have young children but maybe RPS with its higher steam uptake could work it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quick question, diving tackle and prehensile tail, do they work together for a -3 from dodging out of tackle zones? tail is a standing skill for -1 but diving tackle gives you -2 also but places you prone, so i dont know if tail will work?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo View Post
    Quick question, diving tackle and prehensile tail, do they work together for a -3 from dodging out of tackle zones? tail is a standing skill for -1 but diving tackle gives you -2 also but places you prone, so i dont know if tail will work?
    Try it in single player and find out. I'm not sure what the rules say (if anything), but in unusual situations such as this, you can't guarantee what Cyanide is going to do anyway. Unless someone else already knows for sure?