View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 72 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Should be playing onestep tonight, he's been around in the forum group, but Steam says he's not been on for 4 days now. I seem to be getting all the guys in my division this season who have a single small time slot right at the end of the time bracket.
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 20-09-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Hoping to play CombatBunneh either tonight or tomorrow night. If we don't get it in before the deadline we'll have to take the 0-0 draw I guess, since I'll be in Marrakesh after that

B)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

boots468 and I should be playing tonight.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Personally I'd suggest you just leave the day blank, then it defaults to date with most recent first anyway. Trouble is everyone who has already entered games would need to edit them. Still it is easy enough to reorder the list by date and I expect easier than trying to enforce any naming convention.
    Yeah, I don't see much enthusiasm for my idea, but regarding editing I was thinking that the past should remain the past, and thus only new games be numbered in the new way.
    Moot if you ever want to discuss any fling strategy issues feel free to give me a prod. They've been a regular race of mine for some time so I'm not bad with them.
    Thanks! Don't mind if I do, that would help me formulate the problems I have as well :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Hoping to play CombatBunneh either tonight or tomorrow night. If we don't get it in before the deadline we'll have to take the 0-0 draw I guess, since I'll be in Marrakesh after that

B)
    Clearly it should be a 2-0 loss agsinst you with a match point deduction for tardiness. Never has a UN-led investigation into the habits of the admins been more necessary.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Clearly it should be a 2-0 loss agsinst you with a match point deduction for tardiness. Never has a UN-led investigation into the habits of the admins been more necessary.
    Absolutely! I heard one time one of the admins claimed to have block on his ogre... but it was actually stand firm!

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Absolutely! I heard one time one of the admins claimed to have block on his ogre... but it was actually stand firm!
    cowboys, the lot of 'em!
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Mine and NieA7's laggy game finally gave up in turn 16, with him 3-1 up and me recieving. Is it possible to keep that scoreline and make sure we both get our SPP?

Ugh, just got disconnected from my match with boots468 right at the end. We had one turn left each, I'd just kicked off to him and was winning 3-1. No idea who the game will say got disconnected. Not sure if I'll have the time to replay either, I'll be pretty busy from tomorrow (in-laws are coming). I'd finally managed to level up my tardy wight too >.<

Actually most my games of BB are pretty laggy so it's probably something wrong at my end. No idea what though, other online games seem to be OK - is there anything I should be checking in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    ANYONE LOOKING FOR EXTENSIONS?
    Go on then I'll have a couple of inches extra. I'll get my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Go on then I'll have a couple of inches extra. I'll get my coat.
    Do you dress left?
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    other online games seem to be OK - is there anything I should be checking in particular?
    Ports? Basically check if blood bowl is allowed to use port 16962 on your firewall, and set up port forwarding to your PC for that port.
    (Simpleportforwarding.com has a guide on doing that, although I don't think their guide to doing it manually is on their front page any longer, so you might need to look around a bit).

Other than ports, I have no idea - BB uses less resources than most games I play, and happily plays on one monitor while I watch the iplayer or the Videolan player on the other one.

You're not running torrents at the same time and getting throttled?
    Do you run antivirus software? If so, is it relatively good, relatively low-resource av like eset or (surprisingly) microsoft security essentials, or is it terrible ineffective pointless bloatware like Macafee or Norton? If the latter, try running the game with your AV disabled (then uninstall the bad antivirus and get MSE). If the former, I give up. If "none" then get MSE? It's free and people I trust say it's far less terrible than Norton.

Eh, I don't know if this is the best idea but I'll try to sneak in my Humans if applications are still getting accepted.

And ports. Oh man, I hope no serious port forwarding is required. I've got a pretty gruesome router to sit behind.

Edit: Re-entered my details into the sheet. I guess I have to wait now for the Division to start?
    Last edited by Squiz; 20-09-2011 at 10:55 PM.

1 - 1 draw between me and Arni in Div B. Sheet has been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    Mine and NieA7's laggy game finally gave up in turn 16, with him 3-1 up and me recieving. Is it possible to keep that scoreline and make sure we both get our SPP?
    Your match has been reset (someone got to it before me!), unfortunately there was no way to keep the SPPs.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Eh, I don't know if this is the best idea but I'll try to sneak in my Humans if applications are still getting accepted.

And ports. Oh man, I hope no serious port forwarding is required. I've got a pretty gruesome router to sit behind.

Edit: Re-entered my details into the sheet. I guess I have to wait now for the Division to start?
    Yup, the last few matches should be wrapping up any day now and then GC should be herding the cats into boxes. If you haven't checked out the "new & improved quickstart rules" on the sheet then I suggest *everyone* has a quick look. Also another reminder to apply to the discussion group.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

finally, disastrous 0-1 result for me vs CombatBunneh.

He deserved the win completely, but the dice still took every opportunity to shit on me.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

perhaps they were dice made out of turds...
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Your match has been reset (someone got to it before me!), unfortunately there was no way to keep the SPPs.
    Bleh, I was worried that'd be the case. I doubt I'll be able to play again before Friday afternoon (I might have some spare time before then but I doubt it, and even if I do there's no guarantee boots will be free too), is that too long for an extension? The result of our game won't affect who gets promoted, though it will decide 2, 3 and 4. Barring a riot there wasn't enough time for either of us to score again in the match but it'd be nice to get the SPPs if possible, and I'm sure boots would like his too (play a fixed game against an admin before the next season or something). Should be able to dig out the replay if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Ports? Basically check if blood bowl is allowed to use port 16962 on your firewall, and set up port forwarding to your PC for that port.
    (Simpleportforwarding.com has a guide on doing that, although I don't think their guide to doing it manually is on their front page any longer, so you might need to look around a bit).
    At the moment I've not got port forwarding set up, UPnP on the router should be dealing with it. I'll look into it later when I'm a bit more awake, hopefully it'll make a difference. Other than that I'm not running torrents though other people are using the connection for browsing at the same time as me. I've got AdAware, ClamWin, ZoneAlarm and MSE doing their thing, none of which are screwing up my bandwidth as far as I can tell (certainly not AdAware or ClamWin as I've turned off the auto-updates). Of course having said my connection's good I've been lagging out of Guild Wars all evening for the first time in ages, might be time to change ISP after all.
    Last edited by NieA7; 21-09-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    If you're having problems connecting with BB but everything is set up properly and you and your opponent have no problems with anything else, you're not alone. BB is flaky as hell, it's a goddamn nuisance. Sometimes it just refuses to connect for a while for no reason. Coming back later works at times, at others it doesn't. It is quite annoying.

If you do find some piece of magic that fixes it, though, please do share.