View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 109 of 415 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    Sorry for all the mangled elves, matey :)
    Ouch! At least they were only line elves...

Yeah the wardancer took a dive in the first round to avoid a kicking :)
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

*approaches with offering to Nuffle and the Admin-Gods of RPSdom in the shape of malt liquor*

O great and mighty ones, I am not worthy, for I have neglected my halfling-based duties. Pray, grant me and my noble opponent an extension of a mere day, and we shall conclude the holy business of killing hobbits by no later than 4 pm tomorrow.

*grovels*

Well, I am back from the funeral, but now work is being an ass. When is the deadline for this match?

Technically the deadline's passed. I don't know if we can get a tiny extension but if so I am free to play this evening.

It's up to GC though (pretty pretty please?) :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 18-11-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yeah, n oworries chaps, if you can get sorted today that's fine.

In other news, me and Combat played last night, his roughhousing chaos (all mighty blow, piling on and claws) versus my blocky humans. My opening attack was instantly defused by a succession of blocks/pushes/boneheads, leaving me well trapped in my half. Combat wasted no time in tying up my players and slowly grinding my team down, leaving me with 8 players and a couple of 2 turn stuns on turn 6. Ball carrier was wayyyy exposed and the ball got spilt, picked up by a chaos warrior and run in on turn 7. My guys get back up, make some hits, then its the second half. I try attacking the ball to get back into the game, even taking out the ball carrier at one point in the second half, but the ball spilt into the hands of another beastman and left me with few defensive options. Combat spent the last 4 turns closing the game out, with his man standing on my touchline, whilst I got back down to 8 players again (all KO's!), pinned upfield. A failed handoff gave me half a chance at a longshot draw, but luck was not with me as the hit I needed to get at the ball failed to end the game 1-0 to combat.

I was mostly out-strengthed more than anything. I didn't seem to get the armour breaks combat was picking up for the most part (although did end up with 3 CAS to Combat's 1, continuing my good cas-causing form), good KOs and 2 turn stuns from combat in both halves left me short on players. A few chaos warriors with guard and block swarming you makes it hard to get away. My plan of playing a passing game swiftly fell apart due to the struggles with making blocks, lack of players and the ease of marking combat was left with. All-in-all, needed more guard to play. I wish some of my players would get some levels, the only person who really gained was the ogre, scoring 2 CAS, so he's pushing on toward lvl 4 now...

Next up Nurgle. What a difference that will make, eh? Slightly less guard there, slightly more block. Its not going to be easy...

Activated Node
    Don't forget lots more disturbing presence making a passing game even more unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Next up Nurgle. What a difference that will make, eh? Slightly less guard there, slightly more block. Its not going to be easy...
    Fewer beasts though, so make sure you knock out the pestigors and you should be able to play a more agile game.

Your focus on big-guys and success with your ogre is interesting. My own experiences with my most polemic minotaur are not so grand, but then an ogre is more reliable, and I guess there's more sources for ST5 hits in my team. (Please note I'm not re-igniting the minotaur discussion).

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Technically the deadline's passed. I don't know if we can get a tiny extension but if so I am free to play this evening.

It's up to GC though (pretty pretty please?) :)
    Well, crap. If not I will forfeit, obviously. This hasn't been the best week ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jryan View Post
    Well, crap. If not I will forfeit, obviously. This hasn't been the best week ever.
    GC already responded, but you know that having read my PM. I'll see you on Steam tonight :)

Does anyone have any handy links / experience of unblocking your router's ports for Blood Bowl? The last few games I've played took a few invites to get started with the 'Please check port 19162 is open' message recieved. I've had a look at the router's settings and nothing seems amiss, but I could well be misreading it.

Cheers,

The gist of it is you go to your router's homepage and forward that port. Doesn't solve all connection issues but solves a fair few. For more detailed info than that you need what router you actually have and someone more technically competent than me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Simpleportforwarding.com has howtos for a bunch of different routers, although you might have to search around a bit for the article since I don't think it's on the front page these days.

There was a decent-ish post on the cyanide forums if you search for that. I think there's an app which automates port-forwarding for you -avoiding the need to get into the guts of your router if you prefer not to.

This site may also help: http://portforward.com/

Thanks guys, I'll have a proper rummage around my router and the sites mentioned above when I get home. Cheers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Let me know if you get it to work - portforward.com worked great for me until the last Bloodbowl Patch, which was supposed to increase stability but meant that I'm seeing an increased amount of said message too.

Apparently it now has to do with your home machine having the same last IP-nominator than your machine will cause this error to show up more often.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    Fewer beasts though, so make sure you knock out the pestigors and you should be able to play a more agile game.
    OI! Stop giving tips to my enemy. :p

In other news, me and Karandraz played a most exciting game yesterday evening. My Nurgle vs his Lizardmens.

Lots of bashing as expected, with both halves turning into massive bundles around ultra-cages and fumbled balls. It really wasn't pretty. Almost all of the TDs could have gone either way, with Nuffle calling the final shots in each case. Karandraz suffered a lot from disturning presence and some late game bone-heads. I had to deal with successive 1's on GFI rolls and sneaky stunty skinks that were too cheeky for their own good. ;)

End result, 2 - 1 to my Nurglors. A really enjoyable game throughout.

Best of all, my new Beasty didn't die. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    GC already responded, but you know that having read my PM. I'll see you on Steam tonight :)

It was a tale of two halves. One in which the stake dodgers scored, and another in which the Stake dodgers scored.

In actuality is was a really great game until my wife called with car problems, thus ending the most worstest week in a long while. The first half was a lost of trading blows, the Stakes killing one linemen after starting with two, count'em TWO turns failing to pickup the kick off.

I had to use my apo early on a dead Werewolf, and failing two consecutive tackle zones I inadvertently opened up a lane on the Stakes left side that the murderous vampire ducked threw. As the Stakes prolonged the scoring drive I took out my frustration on his thralls. Many thralls fell in turn 8.

By the Second half he only had his three vampires and four thralls when the phone rang. I like to think that my 11 players could have overcome what amounted to 4.5 Vampire players but fate had one last pile of poo to throw at me this week. I left the game open and ran to assist my wife and returned in time to see a very patient Screwbie waiting to score on turn 16.

2-0 Stakes.

I await my next match up. I have an hour or so on Fridays at 5:00pm est barring wife car exploding, and really any night after 9:00pm EST. Weekdays before 9:00 are prone to change without notice due to work and family, and weekends are usually good on Sunday... just not this one because dsatardly fate screwage decided to sneak one last eye poke in and I have to work Sunday.

Good game Screwbie, and you are an amazing patient opponent.

I just spent most of the second half seeing how many of your norse I could keep hypnotised at once :)

I do think you had a strong chance to turn it around in the second half, and it's a shame we didn't get to find out. Still, the first half was exciting and violent and very challenging. Thanks for the game.

Monopole Magnates (lizards, Jim) 1-1 Longus Barba (dorfs, MrPier)