View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 120 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jryan View Post
    Well, I was unable to reach Windward65, so I guess put us down for a 0-0 tie or something. It's fine with me since my Nords aren't ready to move up anyway.
    That's a pity.

However a draw places you a clear second in Div F which means, since my vamps are leaving the league, you will be promoted :)

Dag nabbit!! :)

Edit: Promoted without a single skill up.

Dag nabbit!! :)

Edit: Promoted without a single skill up.
    Phew! That's a relief!
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Well, I was unable to reach Windward65, so I guess put us down for a 0-0 tie or something. It's fine with me since my Nords aren't ready to move up anyway.
    If you've tried to reach him and he's not replied, shouldn't that give you the win?

Well, I was trying to not be promoted.

My play style, and just being Norse in general, is really not conducive to playing dodgy Wood Elves. I likely would have lost that match.

I think I will have my Norse in hospital fairly shortly and be starting back at square 1 before long.
    Last edited by jryan; 06-12-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Norse are actually fairly good against Wood Elves because Tackle is a common second skill and five players have easy Guard access (two of whom are Str 4 and one Str 5 to boot). You also have Frenzy to negate some of the speed advantage. Everyone has trouble with those War Dancers and the 4+ leap>2+ dodge>2+ GFI(x2)>out of range routine, but that's why you keep a dirty player in the backfield ;D
    Last edited by Nullkigan; 06-12-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

That's true. But we are playing 1000 TV teams here so I only have the out of the box skill set. Without the tackle skill my team is just a dirty, musky sieve when stacked up against wood elves.

That being said, I once had a 3000 TV Norse team that was stacked with full block, shadowing and tackle and a smattering of AG ups. Games against Wood Elves were hilarious mayhem. All I did was put my mans on their mans 1 on 1 and wait for the turn over each turn.

Orcs and dwarves just laughed at that build though and made a few gallons of Norse Juice out of me.

Shadowing will mess you up, especially if you stick it on enough MA 7+ fellows. Most hilarious is watching a player who relies on Break Tackle start his move by dodging away from a Shadowing player...

Heh, yeah.. good times. Against elf teams there was never an established LOS. You can almost feel the elf coach holding their breath every time they move a player out of a tackle zone.

Unfortunately it is really just a racial revenge build to throw at elfing elf bastards that doesn't work so well with teams that want to hit you.

It works OK on Stunty teams too, but not as well, and not on Ogre teams who want to clobber you anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Chaps, season ends offically Tomorrow!!! Make your excuses here if you need more time, I've already had pleas from one or two of you.

Additional discussion!: There's some sort of seasonal event coming up soon, and, as usual, we'll have to set up the next season to take this into account. I'm hoping we can get the next season started by the 18th Dec, which means week 1 will end 28th and the following week on the 7th Jan. That doesn't sound like too much of a stretch to me, but does rely on us getting started by next weekend/just before (not this weekend!). What do people think? Would you chaps like a longer window for the games over xmas? 15/20 days for the first game? I'm open to all suggestions, as always.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Balls, I have rolled a double on my dark elf lineman and no idea what I wan to give him. Sorely tempted to splash out on Piling On, half-tempted to give him Nerves of Steel, but both of those rely on getting him to level 3 in one piece before they'll pay off. I guess Guard will probably be the better investment...

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Chaps, season ends offically Tomorrow!!! Make your excuses here if you need more time, I've already had pleas from one or two of you.

Additional discussion!: There's some sort of seasonal event coming up soon, and, as usual, we'll have to set up the next season to take this into account. I'm hoping we can get the next season started by the 18th Dec, which means week 1 will end 28th and the following week on the 7th Jan. That doesn't sound like too much of a stretch to me, but does rely on us getting started by next weekend/just before (not this weekend!). What do people think? Would you chaps like a longer window for the games over xmas? 15/20 days for the first game? I'm open to all suggestions, as always.
    Start early and stretch 1.5/1.5/1.0? The 18th is a long time away!
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

I will need longer over Christmas - but Nullkigan's suggestion sounds good, as long as we can start before the 18th.

Activated Node
    DIV 4

Just played my last match... holy nuffle dorfs are hard to play against! 3-4 players down... so lucky to get a draw. very enjoyable match very nice guy thanks cacamas. updated the spreadsheet. loving this league.

Enjoyable game vs the Sarge which finished in a 1-1. 1st TD came in the first half for the RageCakes with a nice split of their team forcing my defence into two sections and opening it up for a blitzer to run over in the 5th turn. I nearly managed a response with Lokraz, my str 4 blitzer, breaking free with the ball in the penultimate turn of the half but a 1d smackdown from a black orc put a stop to that.

2nd TD came after some grinding at the LOS meant the Orcs were very thin down the right flank. The runners raced/toddled through and, despite some last-ditch defensive efforts, rolled over for the equaliser. Lokraz once again tried his best to race through in the final turns but was too far away to nick it. So it ended as it began, all square

I should be able to make my games over Christmas/New Years, especially if we can get the first done before and the second after. If the divisions aren't rolling by 18/19 then it'd probably be best to extend the first day or something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Balls, I have rolled a double on my dark elf lineman and no idea what I wan to give him. Sorely tempted to splash out on Piling On, half-tempted to give him Nerves of Steel, but both of those rely on getting him to level 3 in one piece before they'll pay off. I guess Guard will probably be the better investment...
    Guard is definitely the sensible choice.

If we had until the end of the year for day 1 then I may change my mind about dropping out, but I don't have a lot of time to play before Christmas. Obviously the entire league should be structured around my schedule.

I am watching responses in this thread and will model the stunty league schedule around the same time frame :)

Personally I'll concede matches if I have to, hopefully keeping that outcome to a minimum.

What I know right now is that I'll be visiting my parents between the 23rd Dec and 9th Jan. What I don't know yet (and won't until the 23rd) is whether or not I'll be able to sort out the router to allow my to play BB while I'm there.

Speaking of, if any other forum veterans would like to help out and admin the stunty league in my possible absence, it would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Screwie; 07-12-2011 at 09:38 AM.