View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

    12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

    9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

    20 48.78%
Page 125 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 8290
  1. #2481
    Obscure Node Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    La Crosse, WI
    Posts
    23
    Applied to Division F, though it shows to have 4 teams already - Low Hanging Fruit, Stake Dodgers, Blights, and Light Stamptastic.
    RPS Blood Bowl, Division F: Skitter About, Skaven Scramblers

  2. #2482
    Activated Node smaug81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    86
    Applied for my sideslip into Div A. Necros, Dwarves, and Wood Elfs. . . should be an interesting challenge.

  3. #2483
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Did you include the password: chainsawed
    I did indeed

    Ergonomic there will be the teams from the previous season that havent changed yet

  4. #2484
    Lesser Hivemind Node Jiiiiim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    765
    Firstly, is there actually a space in the division
    Secondly, have you taken your team out of the division they were in.

  5. #2485
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,615
    Don't worry if the division you are applying to appears to already be full, that will be because people from the season just ended haven't moved to their new divisions yet.

    Do please remember to go right into "view league" and then apply from there - hitting "apply to league" from the league finder screen doesn't work properly, because Cyanide.

  6. #2486
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,212
    These are things I have done, not my first time at the rodeo etc
    Last edited by LowKey; 10-12-2011 at 05:52 PM.

  7. #2487
    Network Hub boots468's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Hi Clavin - do you much mind altering your race selection? You've pencilled in Lizardmen for your new team, but after I've re-booted my team, that race selection is over-full. It will have looked like there was still one spare, as when I was put into my new division, my race was still down as the previous one (vampires) (possibly I was meant to alter this myself earlier - this is my first time rebooting)

    If you truly have your heart set on Lizards though, I could change my team. It seems that every race apart from Chaos is available, so there are still some fun ones left. And vampires ...

  8. #2488
    Obscure Node Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    La Crosse, WI
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Don't worry if the division you are applying to appears to already be full, that will be because people from the season just ended haven't moved to their new divisions yet.

    Do please remember to go right into "view league" and then apply from there - hitting "apply to league" from the league finder screen doesn't work properly, because Cyanide.
    I love that Cyanide is an entire description. I have reapplied that way to F!
    RPS Blood Bowl, Division F: Skitter About, Skaven Scramblers

  9. #2489
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Herts., UK
    Posts
    1,156
    I'll be running through and sorting some things out tomorrow morning (bit afk right now), but I think lowkey might be failing if div c hasn't been ended yet. Just a thought ;)

  10. #2490
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    IMHO - the best solution here is if you can go on standby for filling in any "high div no shows/dropouts". Subject to approval from our Benevolent Dictator of course.
    Fine with me.

  11. #2491
    Lesser Hivemind Node ntw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    727
    Spreadsheet fixed, Snoozer is now visible again - I'm not entirely sure that is a good thing though...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

  12. #2492
    Lesser Hivemind Node NieA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Spreadsheet fixed, Snoozer is now visible again - I'm not entirely sure that is a good thing though...
    Snoozer? Dorfs!? Should've kept my damn fool mouth shut, I've already had a kicking from him once.

    Apropos of nothing (and obviously not trying to escape the fresh dorfs) I was surprised to see me in Div A and President Weasel in Div 2, did I seriously get more TDs/casualties than him last season? Apart from that one game against Smaug's Norse my mans have been kinda tame to date really.

  13. #2493
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    You're currently in the queue as Sub number 1, based on past seasons there's usually a few dropouts and noshows so there's a good chance we'll squeeze you in this season. When you decide your race if you can pop it in Column C (bracketed to keep the race counts honest), not sure if we'll be able to get your buddy in at the same time as you, but if you both post nice requests we'll see what we can do :)
    OK, thanks for the info. I'm gradually figuring out how everything works. He filled out a slot on the spreadsheet (Clavin) but I'll keep bugging him to post in here, too.

    Are things pretty much filled out for the coming season, then? Is there a set date/time that it's supposed to begin?

  14. #2494
    Lesser Hivemind Node Jiiiiim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    765
    We fill as many divisions as we can, like, so there'll never be more than three people left waiting at the start of a season.

    What happens now is that groovy tells us what divisions we in, about 75% of people apply, then he reminds them again, then all but like six apply, then they get chased up, people get moved around, switched, double-turned and whatnot. And then, eventually, the season starts.

    This one's down for starting on the 18th.

  15. #2495
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Snoozer? Dorfs!? Should've kept my damn fool mouth shut, I've already had a kicking from him once.

    Apropos of nothing (and obviously not trying to escape the fresh dorfs) I was surprised to see me in Div A and President Weasel in Div 2, did I seriously get more TDs/casualties than him last season? Apart from that one game against Smaug's Norse my mans have been kinda tame to date really.
    Hey, forget what I typed before. How come NieA7 moved across to the letters, but then up a division as well? Am confuse.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 11-12-2011 at 03:05 PM.

  16. #2496
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    We fill as many divisions as we can, like, so there'll never be more than three people left waiting at the start of a season.

    What happens now is that groovy tells us what divisions we in, about 75% of people apply, then he reminds them again, then all but like six apply, then they get chased up, people get moved around, switched, double-turned and whatnot. And then, eventually, the season starts.

    This one's down for starting on the 18th.
    Haha. All right, that's cool. I'll keep poking around then.

  17. #2497
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    EDIT: Haha oh wow, my dark elf team is facing three teams I played last season (albeit two of them with my surprisingly lucky vamps)!
    Strewth, you AGAIN? :)

    how do I get the Blighters out of Div F to add them to Div 5? Its almost like Cyanide want to drive me slowly mad.

    So.... Team building. What do people think should be the next bold step in the blighters' recruitment plan? I have 140,000 shiny gold coins burning a hole in my elegantly tailored pocket and I can't decide what to do with it. The Blighters currently number four blitzers, one with guard, and seven linemans, two with block and one MNG. Do I want an ogre to add some meat to my LoS and give me even more chance to smash the two elf teams this season, or should get a thrower and save for a catcher?
    Last edited by Tom OBedlam; 11-12-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

  18. #2498
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    562
    Applied for Division 2.

  19. #2499
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    So.... Team building. What do people think should be the next bold step in the blighters' recruitment plan? I have 140,000 shiny gold coins burning a hole in my elegantly tailored pocket and I can't decide what to do with it. The Blighters currently number four blitzers, one with guard, and seven linemans, two with block and one MNG. Do I want an ogre to add some meat to my LoS and give me even more chance to smash the two elf teams this season, or should get a thrower and save for a catcher?
    An unlevelled Ogre really doesn't do much against Wood Elves, their dodge makes them very hard to take down by someone who doesn't have block. On a Human team I find a Thrower pretty essential, for his Sure Hands alone. But then an Ogre is really useful just in general as a fearsome road block.

  20. #2500
    Lesser Hivemind Node Jiiiiim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    765
    Yeah ball-handling is your weakness there, get a catcher and a thrower in whatever order, then another catcher.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •