View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 129 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Still a handful of people missing, according to the spreadsheet

Someone on fumbbl linked Their team video

Genuinely amazing and excellent miniatures.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I like the invisible woman the best

Just adminned a few more bits, just the following missing now -

JamesCoombs Halfsize Heroes Dwa E 6 JamesCoombs JamesCoombs
    Jryan Light Stamptastic Nor E 6 jmotivator jryan

@ Admins - PLEASE check the fixtures when starting the season, use the (awful - damn cyanide UI) seeding mechanism to ensure the ingame fixtures match the spreadsheet fixtures.
    Last edited by ntw; 17-12-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    All divisions apart from E and F have started! E and F are missing JRYAN and JAMESCOOMBS still. If we don't see them shortly we may need to reshuffle a bit, so if you are in either of those divisions, keep your eyes peeled!

The rest of you, get organising your games. You have until the 5th of January to complete the first game! I've checked the fixtures and sorted them where I can, but i recommend a quick check before you play your first game, the UI stopped showing me the changes I was making after the 2nd division, because Cyanide.

Obscure Node
    sorry it took so long. Been a bit under the weather recently. I finished updating the spread sheet if I am missing anything please let me know.

OMFG - that was carnage.

I have never been so royally fucked by the dice. It started on Tom's first turn when his first block KILLed one of my Stormvermin (Apo-ed to Smashed Hip, i.e. 1-MV) and rapidly went downhill from there. Tom played well, and even took pity on my team in the dying turns when I was unable to field even half a team. Final 2 turns consisted of my Sure Hands Thrower failing to pickup the ball in the open field.

4-0 to Tom, 4 of my players are MNG with 2 of them permanently injured.

Cheers for the game Tom, hopefully my rats will recover some pride over the remaining matches...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Seaside Sirens vs Jolima's Beyond The Pale

The Vampires elect to kick, and it's all going downhills from there, with the Sirens being 20k short of hiring Zara, and instead bringing in a Wizard and a Bribe.

Liberally using their feminine wiles, the Sirens (attempt to) foul a Vampire or a thrall a turn, although their blocks are the ones which send a thrall or a vampire a turn to the doctor, while the Vampires fail at both trying to knock the Amazons down and hypnotizing them. Distracted by the Sirens, there is also an unexpectedly high amount of spirited self-inflicted casualty, as the confused Vampires failed several crucial dodges.

The Amazons wait - rather unchallenged - until the very last second of the first half-time to go up the score to 1-0, while Beyond The Pale ended the half with 2 Casualties and 7 KOs - all but three of which jumped back to action in the second half. Unfortunatley for the Pale, the three players remaining KOed until the end of the game where the only three players with Tackle.

This showed in the second half, which amusingly enough began with a Quicksnap - which the visibly shocked and scared Pales used to bring every single of their players out of the bloodthirsty Amazons' reach. Nevertheless, the Sirens successfully knock down the ball-carrying Vampire after a crucial failed dodge during the first few turns. At first, the girls appear unable to keep up their record skull-breaking, but soon find their game again. The Vampires attempt a few desperate moves, even knocking free the ball for a single turn, but this was quickly recaptured.

The game ended with the bored Wizard sending a half-hearted lightning bolt to a marking Vampire (one of the five players still left on the field), which at least knocked him down, and the Sirens walking in an unchallenged 2-0 in their first game of the Champions' League.

Thanks to Jolima, who had 25% of all rolls being 1s, and both of us having an unexpected lack of PoWs - with his tackle players taken out early, there was not much he could do against my Sirens.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Network Hub
    I found JamesCoombs on Steam. He told me he won't be able to play this season because of work.

Obscure Node
    If they arent going to play, Im more than happy to jump in for them.

I'm sorry folks. The holidays are upon me and I have even more sporadic free time than I did when I barely finished one game in Division F. Gaming for the next few weeks will be spur of the moment deals where I find an hour hear and their. This is not conducive to arranging a matches, especially with folks across the pond.

Alistair Hutton's Altdorf Army (tough as nails human mans) vs President Weasel's Red Skull Reavers (chaos mans with a mean disposition)

Al noticed on setup that he had 12 mans in the pitch and asked if I wanted to restart. I said no, bring it on!
    Secretly I knew some things about his team - specifically that Hob was carrying a niggling injury and would therefore break easily. I also knew I had a minotaur, and figured if I added those two facts together I had a good chance of subtracting a player from Al's team and evening the numbers.

This plan worked almost perfectly - the mino hit Hob with a three dice and gave him a severe case of the deads. Al's apoc leapt into action and "cured" him, in typical apoc style, to "still dead".
    This would have evened the teams up nicely, if one of Al's human mans hadn't found a chink in one of my chaos warriors' ridiculously armoury armour. Turn 1 and we were both down a man.

Al's team scored a nicely worked touchdown, switching the play from one side of the other after I had overcommitted and dodging a catcher round my mans and over the touchline. Would have been a bit harder for him if I hadnt failed a wild animal roll on turn 3 and a go for it on turn 4, but I can't begrudge him the score.

I set off to equalise! This did not go well.
    His ogre unsportingly refused to die when hit by my minotaur. Boo! My drive stalled and then a 2 dice hit knocked the ball from my ball carrier's hand and gave him a mng into the bargain. Hutton got the ball, and a handoff and dodge took him out of range of my despairing chaos mans. My first move of the next turn gave me a both down on a man without block, and with no reroll it was a very short turn indeed. AL scored to make it 2-0, and with two turns to go did an impressive job of tying up my mans and making my elfball scoring attempt almost impossible. 2-0 is how the half ended.

In the second half I brushed aside Al's defence (actually, brush sounds a tad delicate for what I should probably have described as MINOTAUR SMASH) and headed up the right of the pitch for a touchdown, but it wasn't enough to get the scores level. Despite the occasional SMASH my minotaur was proving troublingly unreliable; I may actually sack him soon. He continued his unreliable streak by failing a wild animal when I told him to go blitz his way into Al's cage, and soon once again mr Hutton's human mans were merrily gambolling around my half with the ball.
    A particularly unlucky one-dice reroll (from both down when he needed push, stumble, or pow rerolled to skull) ended Al's turn as soon as it began, and I managed to knock the ball from his hands. I couldn't pick up though (and my mino did not help things by failing Wild Animal for his third successive turn.
    The following turn the mino did actually succeed in his wild animal roll - then promptly failed a go for it, ending my turn with the ball still on the ground and none of my mans in scoring distance. Game to Al Hutton - and a deserved victory, too. There's no way I needed to risk the ball carrier like that in the first half, and I handed him the ball and the game.

That mino is going to get made into cow pies unless he gets a decent skill-up - STR or a double, or you're for the chop, Roy of the Reavers.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 19-12-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    That mino is going to get made into cow pies unless he gets a decent skill-up - STR or a double, or you're for the chop, Roy of the Reavers.
    As an addendum to the match report the final play of the game saw my Ogre dodge away from 3 Beastmen, run into the touch down zone. The human star thrower, menace by a Chaos Warrior and Minotaur but armed with Nerves of Steel launched a perfect pass into the Ogre's ha....

NO, NO HE DIDN'T the game ignored the fact that I didn't want to use Hail Mary Pass and flung the ball randomly around the pitch instead.

This is true - I had already ended my writeup before this happened, because Alistair had the game sewn up as soon as my minotaur fell over in turn 15 with my planned touchdown chaos man still to move and thus out of any possible scoring range for the last turn.
    However I can confirmt he game used his hail mary pass when there was really no reason to do so, and I believed him when he said it would have been an accurate one otherwise - and given the luck I had been having up until then, I believe the ogre would have caught the ball for a touchdown.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I think hail mary pass always being used is a known bug, doubleclicking on the throwers skill list while in a match and manually set it to don't use might fix it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Twisted Claw (Necromantic, Axler) vs Dread pool (Dark Elves, me) - the rematch!

Having had the exact same match up last season, I was wary of Axler's undead but determined to not to let my usual phobia of them undermine my tactics. My new plan: Hit them first. This plan worked surprisingly well, since there was very little Block or Dodge and mainly ST 3 on both teams. Unfortunately Axler soon discovered my team's weakness - being hit in return - and of course, the elves vanish from the pitch faster than the undead.

Receiving on the first drive, I pushed up the right flank for a couple of turns before wheeling over to the left with half my squad while tying up as many of Axler's players in the wrong part of the pitch as I could. Foolishly I went for a blitz with my ball carrier which backfired, landing the ball in no-man's land on the left LoS.

Axler came in to pick up the ball, shoving my team out of the way and securing a comfortable cage around the ball's square. In came his MA 8 ghoul who easily picked up the ball, but then failed the dodge back to safety!

On the rebound my runner grabbed the ball and moved a short way out of trouble, with my other players providing an obstacle while my AG 5 runner held back for the Dump-Off. As predicted, Axler lined up a blitz from a free zombie and provoked my Dump-Off. I took it, only to fumble the ball and have it bounce around until one of my linemen caught it. Then the zombie who was blitzing failed his GFI and fell over, injuring himself. What a farce!

My new carrier broke from the pack and pushed up the field. My remaining team tried to mark the opposition to prevent a blitz. A werewolf was just in blitzing range however with 2 GFIs and he made it, knocking my lineman senseless and droping the ball on the left edge of the pitch.

I responded with a blitz of my own, KOing the wolf. My blitzer covered the ball while my AG 5 runner came up behind to scoop up the ball - no, wait - reroll - SCOOP up - no, wait. Arse. No don't go off the pitch! Aarrgh.

The throw-in placed the ball in a square adjacent to Axler's MA 8 ghoul, who promptly picked it up and stormed down the pitch. There was little my team could do without pulling some dangerous dodges to catch up to him. Those dodges all failed. The ghoul scored to finish up the extremely tense first half 1-0.

The second half was awful though. I was outnumbered against a hitty team and had to equalize. I made desperate ploy when the kick off yielded me a Blitz and moved most of my guys into the opposition half, looking to intercept the ghoul who would scoop up the ball while still close to his own end zone. It might have worked to, if my AG 5 runner didn't fail a 2+ dodge on a 1. Again.

The latter part of the second half consisted of Axler's ghoul next to my end zone while my team was divided and flat on their backs. Axler wanted to stall and maim, I didn't really want to give him that chance. So I skipped the rest of my turns and so he skipped the rest of his (aside from his last one, of course).

Final Score: 2-0

I set up to receive the final kick to give myself a quick pass for 1 SPP.... which my AG 5 runner failed to catch. Well done lad!

It was a very cowardly move, I know. But what modest offence I could have mounted would not have equalised the scores, and my team was still trying to recover manpower from the last time they fought Axler. Today I escaped with only one of my blitzers taking a niggling injury which occurred too early in the match to contemplate spending my only apothecary roll on. Axler only had that self-inflicted zombie injury, which was nothing permanent.

Axler, you're a very tough opponent, well played sir.
    Last edited by Screwie; 20-12-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Both jryan and jamescoombs have let me know theyre not available. And we have 2 newbies waiting in the wings! If both can apply to E (for simplicity!) and an admin can approve them ASAP (am AFK at the moment...), everyone will be playing!

Activated Node
    Applied to E! Here's hoping I don't get stomped too too badly :p

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I think hail mary pass always being used is a known bug, doubleclicking on the throwers skill list while in a match and manually set it to don't use might fix it.
    Ah, I set it to don't use when it popped up what skills you wan to use after I'd attempted the throw. that might be too late for this messed up crazy game.

@somanyrobots I'm in love with your username. That is all.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry