View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 155 of 415 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    :)
    If you knew how little a cyanide employee is paid, you guys may become a bit more forgiving ;)
    All the bagets you can eat?

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    All the bagets you can eat?
    If only. Peanuts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If only. Peanuts.
    That's terrible. What if they have a nut allergy?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Those with nut allergies are granted the mercy of death, it's the better deal really.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    There's no such thing in France. That comes with Vegetarianism and all that health and safety british malarkey.
    Nothin' better than a good old slice of cyrrhosis-ed goose or duck liver to cure whatever itch you have. Ah, and a bucketful of liquor-drown Ortolans with that please!

Can't wait to meet these Gobblins, Weeble. My werewolves is hungry.

Network Hub
    :)
    If you knew how little a cyanide employee is paid, you guys may become a bit more forgiving ;)
    I kid, of course. I love the game and do appreciate all their hard work! It's brought Blood Bowl to the masses and that's a beautiful thing. I just wish we could patch it ourselves sometimes.

EDIT: Forgot to thank everyone for the appreciation of my little fiction. I'll be continuing the story as time permits. I was just inspired by my truly catastrophic season last month and had to get it out there.

[So Darkweeble has inspired me to start my own story properly, hopefully we can get division six to go down in history. Nowhere near as good as his of course, but I enjoyed writing it.]

Beastmen were not often seen on the coaching staff of any team, never mind Halflings. Homicidal maniacs did their best work on the pitch, not off it. When Ra’kish signed up as coach of the Potholers (a lost group of caving enthusiasts from the Moot) the oddity of the match-up brought questions from all sides. Obviously the Potholers had accepted at once- coaches with the “special skills” necessary to try their hand at leading a team of three-feet-high kleptomaniac overeaters were somewhat thin on the ground- but Ra’kish’s motives remained inscrutable. When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.

A season of abject mediocrity then unfolded with an air of absolute inevitability. Ra'kish coached them come match day an air of detachment, and largely left the Potholers to it between times. The draw and two losses did not seem to dampen the spirits of the beastman. Indeed, he greeted every death, maiming and impalement with an air of grim amusement more fitting for a member of the crowd than the staff. Of course Halfling coaching attracted sadists, but was the clipboard with a list being slowly ticked off really just the sign of your common-or-garden madman?

The present day

Halfred Carrott, the captain of the Potholers, enters his coach’s office. The walls are bedecked with the classic decoration of the skinned hides of their dead foes (unfortunately largely Snotling based, and not exactly numerous). In the centre, Ra’kish sits at a large desk. His clipboard lies on it. All the entries seem to have been ticked.

“You wanted to see me boss?”

“Yesh*. It’sh time for me to move on.”

Carrott feels a peculiar mixture of relief, fear and hunger. With a little luck the Potholers would be able to make a return to the failed human coaches they were used to, or even a Halfling who properly understood the dietary demands of being a professional athlete. Still, better go through the traditional forms.

“Sorry to hear that boss. May your future be famine-free and well-seasoned. Mind if I ask why?”

“The price hash been paid, Carrott. The bargain hash been fulfilled, and now the time ish come.”

The Gor stands up and strides out of the room. Outside, a pair of werewolves are waiting. Each shakes a paw with Ra’kish and they leave together, slipping in to the night.

Behind them, a cowering Halfling makes a very quick and rather wise career reassessment.

*Beastmen’s tusks make the letter “s” rather difficult to say. Anyone wishing to point out that I shamelessly ripped this off from Terry Pratchett should feel free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Just Axler missing now, my SteamBuds says offline for 6 days...

Fixtures checked down to 3 & D

/edit - lowest TV team in Div4 is 1090, so if necessary a fresh team could be crammed in without upsetting the balance too much.
    Awww, the wait is unbearable!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    <snip>... When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles...<snip>
    This may very well become my standard response to all questions and queries, ingame and out.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ok, we appear to have a no-show from Axler, so we need a minor reshuffle. As mentioned last season, i'm going to use restarting or rebooting players to fill in when this happens, so if one of the 3 rebooters would like to offer their services (by posting in here - first come first served) and apply tonight to join div 4, they can. I won't lie to you, it will be tough, but you've got a head start up the divisions - I'll leave you to decide if you want to face the higher-level teams....

That means Kajo, if you're there, you can fill in the vacant slot from the rebooting player, probably from division 6. If you can get your application in tonight, everyone can get going, if I can't get hold of you, we'll probably put in a filler team, I want everyone playing tonight.....

I would happily offer to chuck in another filler team to get beat up but since it's Div 6, I might end up playing myself...

Well, if you twist my arm... I could play another team in Div 6, given that I'm in Div F.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Well, if you twist my arm... I could play another team in Div 6, given that I'm in Div F.
    Me Me, i need more corpses for the pile!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Me Me, i need more corpses for the pile!
    I said twist, not tear off!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey guys. By March I should have enough time to relaunch operation Zoraster tries to figure out how to play humans so I’ll be restoring myself to the sheet in a bit. Quick question; is there an official rule on returning with old teams? My humans only got one season in so it is no big deal either way but I’d rather avoid having to battle the Cyanide interface to name a new squad of players needlessly :)

I'm speaking on kajo's behalf since he's working and can't reply: he's in and he'll be selecting another team instead of necro. Count him alright.

Network Hub
    I'm here.

Axler was playing a Necro team, can i play them?

Pants... if Kajo takes Necro and Darkweeble is the one to move up to Div4 then that could be three undead-y teams versus my elves :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quite right Kajo, you can take necro :-), apply for div 6 and we'll get you started tonight.

Darkweeble, Rakysh, or Cacamas, I need one of you rebooters to join div 4 (tonight!). Its an opportunity for one of you ;-). One of the teams is only 1090, so it won't be too harsh.