View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 157 of 415 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm thinking hard about switching to a human team next season, depends how my matches go this season. But the vamps are just too difficult for me.

The Top Brass 1 - 2 Sovereign Right

The posh elf showdown of Division F ended in a scrappy 2-1 win for Dentharial. As to be expected from a newbie team matchup, there were fumbles, stumbles and trips galore with a few nice passages of play in between. The final score is about right as Dentharial edged me in overall play. I can still complain about the dice though! Armour rolls were my scourge this time: according to BBManager, 55% were successful on my guys, while Dentharial only had 28%. While my injury rolls were actually quite forgiving, it still meant that my elves spent a lot of their time off the pitch or looking at the grass and not the sky. And being down in numbers against elves is quite tough. Anyway, enough excuses, who's next?

Oh, wood elves.

Network Hub
    Sovereign Right (Dentharial, HElf) VS The Top Brass (Cacamas, HElf)

This got a little long, apologies. But hey, I was enjoying myself!

Cacamas loses the toss, and I decide to kick to him. Right from the whistle, Cacamas gets bad luck on his injury rolls as the fans throw a rock and knock out Nicholas Sarkozy on the line of scrimmage. The first drive was full of a few tense moments. He consistently moved the ball forward, but I was also able to put pressure on, pushing his ball carrier right up against the sideline at one turn.

By turn 4, Top Brass have had another player KO'd, a linesman badly injured, and a thrower crowdsurfed (although only a stun), while Sovereign Right are still at full capacity. Nonetheless, Cacamas is able to blitz away the only tackle zone on the ball, pick up, and then go-for-it to score the first touchdown.

Only one KO wakes up, so Top Brass still starts the drive 2 players down. The kickoff event is a Quick Snap, but the ball lands literally right in my endzone, so I can't take too much advantage from it. Everyone is out of rerolls already, so when my first block comes up Both Down/Both Down, there's a turnover, and I haven't even picked up the ball yet.

Unfortunately for Cacamas, his team can't take advantage. He moves a few players around, but then a dodge to move a player down the pitch fails. Sovereign Right quickly move to take advantage, particularly of a small hole in the middle of the pitch that is quickly widened by stunning another Brass linesman.

Something I haven't mentioned until now is that in addition to the KOs and the injury, Cacamas has been getting really bad armour rolls all over, so it's quite common that at least one of his players is down stunned on any given turn, and sometimes more.

One of my linesman picks up the ball, hands off to my thrower, who then runs up to the halfway line and hurls it towards a pair of linesman within scoring distance of the endzone. Of course, neither of them manage to catch it, and the ball ends up on the ground between the two Sovereign Right linesmen, and a Top Brass thrower. But for the first time in the match, the ball is dangerously close to the Top Brass end zone.

But it's not to be. The Top Brass defence is too tight, and despite failing a pick-up roll of their own, the ball gets shuffled around but not moved in either direction for the final few turns of the half. First half ends 1-0 Top Brass, but it's Sovereign Right to receive.
    No KOs wake up, so Top Brass has 8 players versus Sovereign Right's 9, and the fans give SR an extra team reroll to start the half off.

Sovereign Right decide they don't like those odds, and so immediately start their turn by badly injuring another Brass linesman. Of course, I also leave my ball carrier entirely open, and Cacamas gets a marker right onto him. I blitz the marker away and run to handoff to a blitzer just over the halfway line and (cleverly!) cage up, having learnt my lesson about leaving the ball carrier open.

1 turn later, I decide to move a little further up the pitch, and leave my ball carrier entirely open on one side again, allowing Cacamas to knock him down and mark up all my other players in the area. Fortunately for me, he fails the pick-up, and the ball bounces right into Sovereign hands. Said player immediately dodges away and scores on the next turn.

Turn 12, and it's 1-1.

One of the Brass KOs wakes up, so the drive starts with with 8 Brass players to 9 Sovereign yet again. The kick is high, so Top Brass are able to secure the ball and start wandering up towards my end.

I start off my next turn with scoring yet another KO, but Cacamas decides to use his apothecary to keep the player on the pitch. Cacamas then moves a player to stand 3 squares away from Sovereign Right's endzone, before dodging his ball carrier away and passing from the halfway line.

I start panicking.

He moves a player closer to control space around his ball carrier, but then rolls a Both Down which KOs both players.

I'm able to knock down his ball carrier, pick up the ball with a linesman, and even get a few players close to defend, but I'm still dangerously open. Top Brass manager to blitz the ball carrier, but only get a Push (2 squares from the endzone).

Alright, 2 turns to get it down the entire pitch.

I score another KO to get some room to maneuver. I get a blitz on one of the players marking my ball carrier and chain push both of them away. I take a breath, eyeing the pitch... there's a clear path! The ball carrier runs up to handoff to my thrower. The thrower runs up further and passes to my blitzer. The blitzer runs all the way up to 2 squares away from the Top Brass endzone!

...And all of the Brass players are in my half. There's nothing they can do.

There's some more blocking from Cacamas which doesn't do too much. Even though I have 1 reroll left, I decide not to risk anything silly and just run in the winning touchdown. Top Brass is left to just make a pass to pick up some SPPs before the whistle blows.

Final Score: Sovereign Right 2 - 1 Top Brass

A surprisingly unelfy game. As Cacamas said to me afterwards, we might have scored more if any of our players had spent more time standing up! He definitely got the worse end of the armour rolls though. Not only did he have an extra injury and KO out at any moment in time, he also had a ton of players down stunned from turn to turn.

Activated Node

Div E: Gridiron Maidens (Ama) vs. Lucky Lycanthropes (Nec)

The Lycanthropes kicked off, putting the ball deep in Amazon territory. The Maidens recovered the ball and caged up, before putting a phalanx of amazons in front to try and dismantle the zombie line. The Maidens then joined their two groups, forming into a gigantic mass of bodies right on the center of the field. The Lycanthropes joined in, creating a truly epic tangle, but accomplished little damage against all that Dodge. A sideways shift gained little progress, but a couple of KOs let the Lycanthropes slowly build up a numbers advantage. That, plus a good push, got the ball in the open, where a WW made short work of the ball carrier. A ghoul made the recovery and started sprinting for the endzone. The amazons made a noble attempt to catch up, but couldn't match the ghouls' speed, and the Lycanthropes ran one in in turn 7.

The second half saw the Lycanthropes receiving a deep kick, and getting off to a slow start as a result. The amazons punched through, getting two marks on the ball carrier, but he dodged away and handed off to a werewolf. The wolf zipped through the Maidens' lines, but ended up alone, in a dangerous spot. He was saved by Nuffle, who struck down the amazons with a failed dodge at the very start of their next turn. The threat removed, the WW sprinted for the endzone, running in a TD on turn 12. The Maidens received the fresh kick, forming a blobby mega-cage in the midfield, and stymied all attempts by the Lycanthropes to punch in. The amazons powered their way through, resisting a werewolf-ghoul safety team, and got a touchdown on turn 15. That ended the match, with a couple of formality turns of half-hearted punches.

Final score, Lucky Lycanthropes 2-1 Gridiron Maidens. Well played, WhiskeyTangoFox! No lasting injuries (surprising, as both teams were hitting plenty), and had turn 4 gone differently I think it would've been a very different game.
    Last edited by somanyrobots; 04-02-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: bold!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    So, my game versus Potatoedoughnut's Necros went a little bit bad.

Outplayed near the end of each half, the Necros manage to break free from the Amazons, who hold their own in the punching and pushing business despite the sweltering heat, but who failed to dodge several times at very critical moments.

Two injuries vs one later, the game ends 2:0 for the Necros who absolutely deserved the win and had the unbreakable armor rolls to deal with the constant powing of my Amazons.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    So, my game versus Potatoedoughnut's Necros went a little bit bad.

Outplayed near the end of each half, the Necros manage to break free from the Amazons, who hold their own in the punching and pushing business despite the sweltering heat, but who failed to dodge several times at very critical moments.

Two injuries vs one later, the game ends 2:0 for the Necros who absolutely deserved the win and had the unbreakable armor rolls to deal with the constant powing of my Amazons.
    Yeah it was a very bashy match: a combined total of 202 block die were rolled. VV knocked my players down a lot more, but I managed to break armour more. 12/24 armour rolls were successful for the necros, while 9/34 were broken by the Amazons. That combined with my speed & annoying skill (Sidestep & Stand Firm) advantage let me keep my players where they were needed.

There was also some weirdness with juggernaut vs stand firm (it didn't work) that spoiled VV's plans in the first half, and the heat took out his lvl a bunch blitzer vs an unskilled zombie in the second half.

GG VV! Maim some of those delfs, I'll be facing them after being maimed by the Scary Brolafs.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    Lizards (The David Icke Experiece) V (Skitter About) Skaven
    It was a nuffle decided 2:1 victory to me in the end, with only one permanent injury apiece. Thanks for the good game, ergonomic cat, sorry for hurting so many of your rats! (between us and the crowd there were 8 injuries and 0 KO's!)
    Since I discovered BBManager today, I ran an analysis on it.

39 armor break rolls for Boots. 15 succeeded. 18 total rolls (3 GFI fails) for injury. Of those 18, 12 were stunned, 6 injured. Of the injured, 1 was dead, 3 were MNG, and I'm guessing the other 2 were KOs.

Block dice, I had 8 out of 21 blocks succeed, 2 turnovers, and 11 push/BD/TRR. Boots had 32 out of 59 succeed, 4 turnovers, and 23 push/bd/TRR.

The telling bit (which is influenced by how huge his team is compared to mine, how desperate I was by about turn 11, and how few players I had - his average # of block dice was 2.15 (out of 59 rolls!), mine was 1.48.

So while Nuffle was against me, I was certainly giving him ample opportunity to screw me. I know a number of those 1 die blocks were cases where I could get 1-2 rats free at most, so I tried it, trusting in my reroll (which never works). He only had 2 1-d blocks, both by skinks, and both were DDs.

TL;DR: I let Nuffle have his way with me (partially as a failure on my part, partially because it was Skaven vs Lizzies), and Boots did a great job of minimizing his dice danger.
    RPS Blood Bowl, Division F: Skitter About, Skaven Scramblers

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I will be putting in a new team of Elf's after this season, I think I have updated the spreadsheet accordingly but have procured adequate protection from bricks just in case

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I will be putting in a new team of Elf's after this season, I think I have updated the spreadsheet accordingly but have procured adequate protection from bricks just in case
    The only protection from bricks is pre-emptively bricking yourself... so to speak.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Div 7's fixtures should be all sorted now, apologies new guys! :-)

Network Hub
    Div 7: The Longitudinal Life (Elf) v Masquerade Ballers (Elf)

The absolute bloodiest Elf v Elf game I've ever seen. Early on saw me (The Longitudinal Life) put a linelf and a Catcher out of the game with Badly Hurts, followed about midway through the first half by a -1 ST to his second and final Catcher and another linelf KO'd. Having received, I scored around turn 6, and managed to grind my opponent's offense to a halt. The second half saw another successful defensive drive by me leading to a 2-0 score, at the cost of a MNG and a -1 MA on 2 of my linelfs. The following kickoff saw a Blitz! result, and after engaging on the line of scrimmage I attempted 2 GFIs to get a linelf under the ball. The second GFI failed, and he died. The match from that point onward became a slugfest, with both of us reduced to 6 players on the pitch for several turns. Eventually my opponent managed to break the ball free and ultimately barely slip in a TD on turn 16, bringing the final score to 2-1. The fans had decided that they were not satisfied, however, and on the subsequent kickoff invaded the pitch, putting all but 2 of my opponent's players in the dirt. I put the surviving 2 down, and ended the game with the ceremonial turn 16 pass. Both of us emerged bloody from the conflict, and even though I technically won I have to wonder if those sacrifices to Nuffle were truly worth it, as I line up to take on jlahnum's Chaos next week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritashi View Post
    ...I have to wonder if those sacrifices to Nuffle were truly worth it...
    Sacrifices to Nuffle are always ​worth it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nothing like pulling off the chain blocks/pushes to set up the one turn touchdown only for the ball carrier to fail his GFI roll.

Still won 2-1 but, you know. Frustrating after the dice had been so hot for me in the rest of the match.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    It's a little after five o'clock in the pm!

We're on a pirate ship, for some reason!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's the big Division 2 match up you've all been waiting for...

President Weasel's Red Skull Reavers versus the Cute Harmless Hippys of veteran Blood Bowl coach (and possible Swede) Jarvis!

As was probably fitting for a match featuring two chaos teams, the game itself was incredibly chaotic. Both teams pretty much abandoned the chaos playbook (I say playbook, it's a half-chewed piece of paper with "get the ball to one guy, then he runs up the pitch with it while everyone else blocks" scrawled on it). Things got positively elf-like by the end, although to be fair both teams were still trying to throw as many blocks as possible.

Neither coach was really playing at the top of their game today, which was a bonus for me as, from past experience, the top of Jarvis's game is comfortably higher than mine.
    Both teams had almost identical team values, but Jarvis had a minotaur and a collection of mutations and "interesting" skills (leap? on an Ag3 chaos man? That's never going to come in handy. The Str5 tentacles Chaos Warrior is a bit scary though) whereas I had a couple of ag4 guys, a little +mv, sure hands, and lots of block, guard, mighty blow, wrestle, and block.

Jarvis elected to receive in the first half and went for a relatively conventional running game. His minotaur pushed slightly too deep into my half, and was promptly surrounded, blocked down, and stamped into unconsciousness and off the pitch. Another chaos man took a mighty blow in the ribs, and a third Hippy got KO'd soon after.

I managed to knock down Jarvis's ball carrier a couple of times, and his extra arms ball carrier just kept picking it up. And picking it up. And picking it up. It was ridiculous.
    Eventually we both went a little crazy and started trying to pass the ball, and I turned out to be slightly luckier with the rolls than he did, getting a man out of tackle range in turn 7 and running in a touchdown in turn 8.

In the second half his mino woke up. Jarvis left him well back as a looming threat/last line of defence. My drive ran into the Str 5 chaos warrior and bounced off, and with beastmen closing in I decided on a dodge and crossfield pass followed by a run up the touchline. My theory was that Minotaurs ALWAYS let you down when it's important, so I would stake victory on his minotaur turning up wild animal at the exact moment Jarvis needed him not to.
    All his other players were out of range or safely covered, so if the mino thing worked I could just - what's that? That beastman has leap! And I forgot!

So Jarvis's beastman leapt over mine, and shunted my ball carrier off the pitch, taking with him my flawless plan to go 2-0 up and win the game. Then Jarvis tried to move his minotaur, and he rolled wild animal. I was right!. Not that it mattered.

Then there were about 4 turns of scrumming with occasional attempts to pass. My 4ag beastman almost got a touchdown a couple of times, but always came up short with the last in the series of ridiculous lucky rolls he needed. Jarvis got a scatter launch on the last turn (after picking the ball up yet again), when a good pass, a catch, and a couple GFI's would have tied the game.

1-0 to the Reavers, and apparently we're facing a slightly weakened team next up. I can report that there were no serious injuries on either chaos team, although possibly one of Jarvis's less freakishly mutated mans might be out for the next game.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 05-02-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    P.S. Jarvis claims not to be Swedish, but I remain unconvinced - maybe that's just what he wants us to think...

Activated Node
    Sorry to have to do this to you guys but im gonna have to drop out of the league. Big meeting at work this afternoon and ive been moved onto perm nights. The new roster we have doesnt leave me alot of time for anything other than eating and sleeping. Sorry.

On the plus sid eive had an amazing time playing in the league, met some good people and had some rocking games. Thanks for that!

cheers Ragekage.

Banned
    [Was due to play the sarge] Sorry to hear that Sgt Rage, hope everything goes well for you.

The short boys I manage, on the other hand, are not at all surprised that their enemies flee before them ;)

I'm available to play a replacement match (or whatever is appropriate) tomorrow 7pm GMT or Wednesday 8GMT, but after that I won't be available until next Tuesday I'm afraid.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well I've just added myself back onto the sheet, and if neither of the two new guys want to step in I'll be available to fill the void this season in D if you guys would rather have games than walkovers. I'll bang up an Orc team now just in case so you've got a like for like replacement.

If the choice to replace is made give me a shout as soon as Rage is removed from the league and I'll put the app in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi Zor, as a returning player, you'd get priority to fill in higher up the divisions, so that works out nicely. I'd much rather people get to play -I'll knock sgt out and accept your application in ASAP.

@Sgt Ragekage - Sorry to see you go, you'll be more than welcome back if your schedule changes again :-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Almost 30 level ups in total and not a single frickin +ST or +AG.

Infuriating!