View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 159 of 415 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I used to have two +St and one +Agi Amazon, too. Until the +Agi Amazon got a -Agi injury. Duh.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Nuffle does like his little jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Nuffle does like his little jokes.
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    So benevolent admin chaps, any chance of Div 6 being rolled on early? Or would you rather wait?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    feel free to roll Division 2 on as well, all our games are done.
    P.S. please approve the results.

Helio - I consider any game a ghoul survives without permenant injury. They will get hunted down regardless of AV. If you already have skills on it I'd recommend keeping it until it dies naturally. Sure you're missing out on SPP on a fresh ghoul, but you're also out a blodge ghoul until you get the SPP on the replacement. And there is a good chance a fresh ghoul will get injured before he picks up block anyway.

Kajo - On BB manager if the number it gives you for rolls is positive that means you had better than average luck (the higher the number the luckier you were). If it gives you a negative number it means you were below average. I'd say up to +/-5 is about average luck, more than +/- 10 is good/bad luck.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Network Hub
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    I hope you realise how incredibly happy this makes me. Also the sig thing. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    I hope you realise how incredibly happy this makes me. Also the sig thing. Cheers!
    Yeah, sorry - I couldn't remember who I'd shamelessly stolen it from. I'll be amending my sig with proper credit just as soon as I finish typing this post...

Div6 rolled on.
    Div2 rolled on.
    DivF rolled on.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Guess who now has an AG4 blodging chaos warrior? I will give you a clue - it is me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    It's a me! oh wait

Lesser Hivemind Node
    SS masters I've not been swapped in yet and I dare not do it myself as I lack the arcane skills of NTW and will probably bugger up the fixtures :) For future reference is it just a matter of swapping the team in or does that break things?

A 1-1 draw on my return, in a game that went rather well bar a nightmare run of first roll turnovers at the end of the first half that allowed the Dwarfs to snatch a last gasp score on their possession. A feint down the left flank created a nice big hole for an Orc to charge through to get clear of the slow Dwarfs to level early in the second, and then a fairly routine few turns of inept pushing played out to end the game.

Varag got MVP which was a bit annoying, but otherwise a decent enough debut although Uncle Bob will be grumbling that it was 2 points dropped.

I've not updated the sheet for the above mentioned reasons... I trust you'll hold off on the bricks for now?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    GLORIOUS TITLE WINNING Championship Season. Game #1 OF GLORY!

Rejected RPG Stats (NUR - Laneford) 0 - 2 Monopole Magnates (LIZ - Jiiiiiim)

How the hell do you beat Lizardmen?
    I got outpunched by the big ones, and outrun by the little tricksy ones.

Curses.

Well played Jim.

I'm not entirely sure how you beat a well-rounded lizard team with break tackle on some of the big sauruses and diving tackle on some of the wee mans. Basic theory is you try to contain the big ones while you smash the little ones, then gang up on the big ones - but I rarely manage to make that work because good coaches use their Wall of Lizard to protect the little guys, and break tackle means you can't even leave a sacrificial linerat or zombie or what have you to get punched every turn and stand up again, thus nailing the big clumsy lizard in place.

Fact: I have no break tackle at all ¬_¬

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Just two ST5 saurus instead.

Best way I've found is to get the team playing them before you to cripple them so badly they've got nothing left to play you with (thanks MadDave!). Kinda unreliable tactic though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Skinks are so mobile as to remain a threat even when there's only one or two left on the field, whereas the big guns are spread thin as it is - remove a saurus or two early on and they're in big trouble.

Chaos/Nurgle are problematic because of the claw, obviously, but overall probably the most troublesome opponent at high TV is Orcs - almost blanket AV9, just as much agility, multiple Block/MB/Tackle blitzers for skink hunting, probably more guard to outstrength the saurus line, and decent mobility. (Fun fact: My Fumbbl lizards have only won one out of seven games against orcs)

But yeah, I'd say they're definitely one of the better races once they get going.
    Last edited by Janek; 07-02-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Anyone know where to get bb manager? The link on their forum i found was dead

I raided the sporepedia for this shot of the game just before the kickoff.

Was lucky at crucial moments, I think. Laneford burnt through he rerolls at a ridiculous rate (he used 11 I think in the match), whereas I tended not to need them. Was probably losing the block war up to a point, but my skinks did me proud, especially the wrestler, who brought down the beast and knocked the ball carrier over. Two skinks missing next game but no permanent injuries, thanks to my selfish decision to buy an extra apothecary and some babes with the inducement money. Good game that I was pleased with how we coped with the bashing game. Next: the sodding vampires again.