View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 160 of 415 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 8290
    2170 Nurgle D:

Given that the top divisions are full of teams with spiralling costs such that anyone who has any amount of success with an even remotely new team has to 'play up' for several seasons until they break (or rarely, break even on tv) it might be appropriate to start thinking about a restart in a season or two?

I don't mind established teams, but it's becoming de rigueur to have huge amounts of inducements for about half of the participants.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Anyone know where to get bb manager? The link on their forum i found was dead
    I downloaded it the other day from here. Haven't used it yet though, will try for my next match.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by somanyrobots View Post
    The Lycanthropes kicked off..

Aye, well played yourself. It was quite a mess in the middle for some time.

It seems that my SPP are spread out among quite a few players so hopefully they'll level up soon so I can find a way to beat a Necro team, haha.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    From where?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    From where?
    Um...the link in my above post? This link? Or also the one reiterated for emphasis over here: http://94.23.239.117/BloodBowlManage...ce/publish.htm.

(I'll admit, putting the link in "here" before may have been hard to see. But I can never resist the chance for some good snark.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    2170 Nurgle D:

Given that the top divisions are full of teams with spiralling costs such that anyone who has any amount of success with an even remotely new team has to 'play up' for several seasons until they break (or rarely, break even on tv) it might be appropriate to start thinking about a restart in a season or two?

I don't mind established teams, but it's becoming de rigueur to have huge amounts of inducements for about half of the participants.
    Nah, I love the continuity of the league.
    New teams tend to play new teams for the first couple of seasons anyway; my chaos got successive promotions up to Div 2 and are now levelling up there; I want to get to the top Div (if I ever do) through skill and luck and picking decent skillups and by beating the legendary teams, not just because the whole thing got reset to zero.

I'm inclined to agree with that, I'd hate to see my Necro's go now as they're just on the verge of being a rounded team (despite only getting 1 stat up and still no doubles). There seems to be a pretty regular cycle of new people joining and old rebooting/leaving, I think overall the divisions are well balanced.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    New teams tend to play new teams for the first couple of seasons anyway; my chaos got successive promotions up to Div 2 and are now levelling up there; I want to get to the top Div (if I ever do) through skill and luck and picking decent skillups and by beating the legendary teams, not just because the whole thing got reset to zero.
    I agree with this.

Space appears in the top divisions when someone at the top decides to retire their team anyway so the top tier is not stagnant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yeah, the divisions are designed around the idea that as you get near the top, you'll be approaching that TV level. Given the depth of the divisions, I think this will be true, you'd have to play through 21 games (currently) to even get in the champs (assuming a 'perfect' run of 7 seasons) which would see some good development on your team (I'd imagine you'd be pushing at least 1800TV by that point). From what I've seen (and I haven't checked this exhaustively), most teams in most divisions are within 100-200TV of one another (that's certainly true in my division, at least). Occasionally one team will be a bit outmatched, but if you really have flown too high and are coming up against the bigger teams without skills of your own, i suspect you'll get corrected back down until you're ready.

I think its good that the top teams are big, scary teams to play, and everyone has the opportunity to get there and play them. As PW said, the benefit of playing in a continuous league is seeing this level of development, and I wouldn't want to throw it away after so long trying to get my humans to compete at that level :-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Fully agreed - while I will likely be very tempted to reset my team in a season or two, the climb to the semi-top was very enjoyable with ever progressing dangers. Of course it's easier for the heavy-hitting teams to maintain their high TV as opposed to us squishies, but us squishies have a far better chance of just running around the heavy-hitting teams and win anyway.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    You can have my elfs when you pry them out of my cold dead hands!

Alternatively when their crappy armour means they all die in a massive elfy bloodbath at some point. But I don't want a team reset, is what I'm saying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    +1 To not wanting a reset. I'm going to climb up these leagues and I'm going to kill legends while I do it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Having just bought BB in the past couple of days, I've really been enjoying reading through the thread and hope to compete when I don't a) suck and b) have some time on my hands. It's been fun watching teams develop and just makes me anticipate actually getting stuck in there and playing against them. Maybe. One day.

So personally, I'm against a reset, at least from a spectator's PoV at the moment.
    Last edited by Bumble; 08-02-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Another hand up against resetting the league. I love the structure and the challenge of cutting it against tougher teams even when I m on the arse end of that equation. I have different feelings about the Open where we're all in one boat (as much as I love my hefty team there). With the format of this league there is ample opportunity to play against evenly matched teams.

Network Hub
    Don't reset! There's a great spread going on now and advancing actually feels meaningful because of it. The only danger really is one guy going Claw, Pile On, Mighty Blow for his whole team. That crap is broken. I think we could collectively request the retirement of a team that goes on like that for too long. Who wants to play the same team forever anyway? Variety is the spice of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    SS masters I've not been swapped in yet and I dare not do it myself as I lack the arcane skills of NTW and will probably bugger up the fixtures :) For future reference is it just a matter of swapping the team in or does that break things?

A 1-1 draw on my return, in a game that went rather well bar a nightmare run of first roll turnovers at the end of the first half that allowed the Dwarfs to snatch a last gasp score on their possession. A feint down the left flank created a nice big hole for an Orc to charge through to get clear of the slow Dwarfs to level early in the second, and then a fairly routine few turns of inept pushing played out to end the game.

Varag got MVP which was a bit annoying, but otherwise a decent enough debut although Uncle Bob will be grumbling that it was 2 points dropped.

I've not updated the sheet for the above mentioned reasons... I trust you'll hold off on the bricks for now?
    Sheet fixed, result validated, DivD rolled on, bricks reluctantly returned to their hot acid bath.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Having just bought BB in the past couple of days, I've really been enjoying reading through the thread and hope to compete when I don't a) suck and b) have some time on my hands. It's been fun watching teams develop and just makes me anticipate actually getting stuck in there and playing against them. Maybe. One day.

So personally, I'm against a reset, at least from a spectator's PoV at the moment.
    Best way to learn is to sign up ;)

We've just started a season so you're looking at almost a month until the next one starts, but if you register in the Challenge League (cba to link it, sorry) you can get some friendly games in to hone your skills, and discover that playing people is a completely different experience to playing the AI.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    Don't reset! There's a great spread going on now and advancing actually feels meaningful because of it. The only danger really is one guy going Claw, Pile On, Mighty Blow for his whole team. That crap is broken. I think we could collectively request the retirement of a team that goes on like that for too long. Who wants to play the same team forever anyway? Variety is the spice of life!
    No danger of that. I have one guy with guard, and another with dodge.
    I am making no promises about the rest of my team, mind.

A few results validated, Divs rolled on where possible.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Suggestion for spreadsheet addition: I would love to study my opponent's teams without having to log in to Bloodbowl. Would it be possible to have a tab where we can fill in our player's names, positions and current stats and keep that updated at least once per season? For contributing coaches only, of course, I certainly wouldn't want to drop this on the admins. This might make following match reports even more interesting.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon