View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 176 of 415 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    In some ways it may be better to kick short rather than long and keep the thrower closer to the LoS. Something to ponder for next season.
    *scrib scrib*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Kick short against a fast team and long against a slow team. That's a pretty established tactic I think, every team can make good use of a kicker but it's more useful for some (fast, agile teams).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    *sigh* stupid formatting, why is it inserting a linebreak?

"The general rule of thumb is to kick deep (nearer the opposing endzone) against slower teams who will cage and kick shallow (near the LOS) against faster passing teams."

- from (the excellent) bbtactics:
    http://bbtactics.com/kick/

Just saying Hi. I'll be signing up as soon as I decide what my team will be called and other minor details like the race.

So..o/

Quote Originally Posted by 2lab View Post
    Just saying Hi. I'll be signing up as soon as I decide what my team will be called and other minor details like the race.

So..o/
    If you're definitely going to be up for joining within the next 2 weeks, it's probably worth signing up ASAP...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Network Hub
    Hello all.

I'd like to apply for the league with a group of Wayward Gladiators. I edited the spreadsheet as instructed (I hope). What about the Steam group?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Hmm. Speaking of loved ones one of the other coaches in the Divisions may or may not be my wife. Can you play an online game from two computers on the same network?
    I am now envisioning you asking all your opponents "are you my wife?" at the beginning of a match.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Hello all.

I'd like to apply for the league with a group of Wayward Gladiators. I edited the spreadsheet as instructed (I hope). What about the Steam group?
    I think there's no need to enter the group, altough it helps to have the contacts of your opponents in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post

With Jolima and Laneford still to play, the Championship is either going to me or his Vamps. Good effort Lizards, RIP Race "Manskink" Car.
    Swag's effort did fill me with utter disgust, it's true. Little green bastard.

But, more interestingly, I see that Jolima has won and tied up the Champs to the deadest of heats. Has anyone done the maff? It looks like Jol and I are +2 on TDs, and Jiiiiim is +1... but no idea on the CAS.
    Last edited by HughTower; 29-02-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    I am now envisioning you asking all your opponents "are you my wife?" at the beginning of a match.
    Better that than going all Papa Lazarou on everyone I guess.

Oh, yes I did win a rainy game against Laneford's Nuglites (despite a really impressive elf-play by the foul ones) and I did count up the results. I was a little confused on whether we only count the opponents inflicted injuries or all of the self-inflicted ones as well. Any word on that? (You can't penalize the vampire's for craving a little snack now and again can you?)

But either way, the results came out the same, with Jiiiim in first and champion, HughTower ending up second and me coming in third. If you're not counting self-inflicted injuries, the balances where +2,0,-1 if I recall correctly, so a close call.

Congrats Jiiiim. I know we're all looking forward to a glorious extra sized victory piece to commemorate your victory now.

My Lizard Vs Desvergeh's Orcs was a very odd game. My skill-less lizards handled the ball like seasoned elves, my skinks' armour was unpenetrable (well, until turn 15 anyway), the Orcs could only roll pushes when it mattered and my Krox passed every bone-head roll. On the other hand though, it took me until turn 15 fifteen to break any of the Orc's armour, the sweltering heat hit me harder - having 8 v 11 players for the entire second half, the damn guard black orcs more than cancelled out my strength advantage and after the out of bounds first kick-off the game decided to give the ball to my marked Krox on the line of scrimmage.

The actual game finished 1-0 to me, the goal a standard skink run-in in turn 3. For novelty factor (and thanks to the apoc) none of my players actually died, although I do now have an ag0 saurus. The MVP also went to a bloody skink again.

Thanks for the game Desvergh, it must have been highly frustrating for you to see my lizards pick up the ball in multiple tackle zones multiple times though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Oh, yes I did win a rainy game against Laneford's Nuglites (despite a really impressive elf-play by the foul ones) and I did count up the results. I was a little confused on whether we only count the opponents inflicted injuries or all of the self-inflicted ones as well. Any word on that? (You can't penalize the vampire's for craving a little snack now and again can you?)

But either way, the results came out the same, with Jiiiim in first and champion, HughTower ending up second and me coming in third. If you're not counting self-inflicted injuries, the balances where +2,0,-1 if I recall correctly, so a close call.

Congrats Jiiiim. I know we're all looking forward to a glorious extra sized victory piece to commemorate your victory now.
    And I will be the first to second that. At last.

I'm coming to get you, Swag.

A rock hitting David Cameron (again!), some very elfy dodging, an intercepted pass, and frustratingly ineffective blocking were all part of the tight 1-1 draw between my Top Brass and Kapouille's halflings. Roll on next season!

I might buy in Mr Moneybags Jr. now

Hooray victory.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I might buy in Mr Moneybags Jr. now

Hooray victory.
    Congrats jim!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Elf Harm were up against Kelron's Deadly Lampshades, who included in their number a gentleman by the name of Morg'n'Thorg; I harbour suspicions that he may not, in fact, have been a dark elf. Surely against the rules? Also one of them was armed with knives, which again, must surely be illegal!

Nevertheless, a strong elven fist to the assasin's face saw him KOd from turn one until the end of the match, and while the big chap did inflict some injuries Elf Harm nonetheless escaped without long-term damage.

Lacking casualties, the dark elfs were unable to stand against the sickening tide of elfyness that faced them, and (aided by the +ST +MA +AG monster witch elf injuring herself off the pitch when trying to recover a stolen ball) the final score was 3-1 to Elf Harm.

That leaves them them in with a decent shot at going up to the championship next season, pending the result of the other outstanding div 1 match.

On a generally related note, but largely because I want to mention it as I'm a smug putz, I'm off to Australia with work on Saturday and not back till the 12th. So I wont be able to sign up for the next season until then. If this makes things too awkward I'm happy to sit out a season and rejoin next time around, as I really can't bitch about a trip to Oz, but if possible I'm still up for next season.

On an equally smug-putz note I'm off to Australia at the end of April for at least a year, again with work, so that'll put a general dampener on my ability to play till I get internets sorted and may well mean I have to duck out entirely due to frustrating timezone faff. I'll deal with that when it comes, but I'll get that warning in early.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Jay, there are several trustworthy people and President Weasel, who have a track record of randomly signing up teams to the approximately correct divisions during their owner's absence.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Jay, there are several trustworthy people and President Weasel, who have a track record of randomly signing up teams to the approximately correct divisions during their owner's absence.
    ...and definitely *not* firing all their star players, no sir.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh