View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 180 of 415 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lab View Post
    Hmm, my first season season in this league sees me take my woodelves up against orc, norse and dammed dwaves.

Divisions of death indeed ;)
    It's not like you have any players with dodge the dwarfs can negate. Just stay our of their short reach. :)

Especially at TV 1000, your elves shouldn't have much to fear against the opposition unless you really want to brawl it out.

Now, at TV ~1500....
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Applied for div. D. Lizards, orcs and a grudgematch against another skaven-clan, could be worse I suppose. Need to get that rat ogre though.

Looks like Div 7 "the restarts" will be interesting. A balance of bash and Ag teams. Although my novice undead coaching is probably going to be picked apart by woodies in the first game... hi ho.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Applied for div. D. Lizards, orcs and a grudgematch against another skaven-clan, could be worse I suppose. Need to get that rat ogre though.
    Not so much a clan, more a group of desperate rejects from other, proper clans....
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Wow, my second season in a row of being in with an orc team and two skaven teams. Entirely different set of coachs though, hopefully these three will find it harder to injure Sauruses!

So it would seem the powers that be have decided that the brawlers first opponents are to be darkwings elves and gorms skaven. Predictably this seems to have made the team somewhat more optimistic about living long enough for us to actually afford an apothecary (and strangely evasive on the subject of their final game for the season).

Also the team ogre has had this really odd spring to his step ever since he managed to grasp the nature of our initial opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by 2lab View Post
    Hmm, my first season season in this league sees me take my woodelves up against orc, norse and dammed dwaves.

Divisions of death indeed ;)
    Don't worry, I've literally only played 1 game with dwarves before. I also only got Legendary last week and have played a handful of games.

Just gone through and accepted a ton of applications (though keep an eye out as you may need to switch again!) and kicked out a ton of nubs (I believe that's what they say?) to make room. We seem to be about half way there with applications.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    If that's so, well done chaps - half already is really good (I haven't applied myself yet!).

Admins, just remember not to get too keen accepting people further down until we're sure that they're not going to move up....
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Network Hub
    Two Elf teams and a Nurgle? My Trolls might get some SPPs! Of course I might just lose two 6-0 games and get beaten to green paste, too. I'm willing to make my team accept the risk. I'll apply tonight when I get home.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    Two Elf teams and a Nurgle? My Trolls might get some SPPs! Of course I might just lose two 6-0 games and get beaten to green paste, too. I'm willing to make my team accept the risk. I'll apply tonight when I get home.
    Goblins can always bounce back. Only two players on their squad who aren't expendable. :)

Oh good god, division 3 *weeps*
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Trust me Tom, I been there, done that. Only humans in an all-bashy league. At least you're the only team with MA8 players? Play run away and pass-and-catch :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Maybe I did something wrong, but I can't seem to be able to find "RPS Division of Death 8" in the game. Do we wait until the upper Divisions are filled in until we open the lower ones?

Edit: Ah, it is "RPS Divisions of Death 8". A bit confusing, but there you go. Applied.
    Last edited by Squiz; 05-03-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    @2lab - apologies for the tough start - if it's any consolation, I don't think we've had a season yet where all the new guys turn up, so you might not end up in that position? Plus, look at it the other way - you've got all the movement and AG4 skills in your league - abuse it by scoring 4 touchdowns per game!
    I wasn't expecting to get in at all this season, so it's all good anyway.

Oh dear, a halfling team promoted to an above Division! Probably never heard of before! Must not forget to apply to the right division...
    Can't wait to get mashed by generally undead teams and our old friends from Sovereign Rights (although, they thankfully tend to have a soft touch).

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    Looks like Div 7 "the restarts" will be interesting. A balance of bash and Ag teams. Although my novice undead coaching is probably going to be picked apart by woodies in the first game... hi ho.
    I'm sure my Woodelves can continue where the old team left off :) Doing Badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    I'm sure my Woodelves can continue where the old team left off :) Doing Badly!
    Hopefully, this time around, your Treeman won't get killed on the first match :P
    (Edit: Not that I was happy about that happening on our match... That was some seriously bad luck :S)
    Last edited by Kapouille; 05-03-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Well I've lost before to 2 of the 3 other teams in my division, and the 3rd team is the current champion, I don't rate my chances of success very highly.

At least maybe I can kill an elf this season? Although I think they both have a str advantage (freaks).
    'Hands has got some lovely candidates for euthansia if you look closely enough. I'm sure he won't mind.

That's the worst three teams for me. Nurgle especially. Looks like I may be spending much gold on wandering apothecaries
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry