View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

    12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

    9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

    20 48.78%
Page 181 of 415 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 8290
  1. #3601
    Network Hub HughTower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    It's not like you have any players with dodge the dwarfs can negate. Just stay our of their short reach. :)
    Apart from two wardancers and, most likely, two catchers. That's 420 TV right there...

    2lab - apologies if I'm teaching your grandma to suck eggs and you actually happen to be Mr Bloodbowl (Croatia, '03) but put a treeman in your starting team. He needs as much time as possible to get good. And a block-free LoS. Also, go light on the re-rolls (no more than 1) - you've got enough AG and skills on the specialists to cope.

    And, never ever brawl. Ever.
    Last edited by HughTower; 05-03-2012 at 07:06 PM.

  2. #3602
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,614
    While all the evidence suggests that Hughtower knows more about blood bowl than I do, I disagree with him here. Don't bother with the treeman, he's a big slow waste of points in a team that's about being fast and agile. (If you ARE going to bother with the treeman, bother with him at the start because as Tower says they need all the development time you can give them. But don't). You need at least two rerolls, and you need to buy them now before they get eye-wateringly expensive and you're scraping around for money to buy fresh elves.

    And never, ever, ever brawl, ever. Brawl less than that, if you can.

    I'd suggest the first lineup in this list, and pray your wardancers don't get merked before you can scratch together the 20 grand more you'll need for the apoc.


    On the other hand, Dwarfs. Maybe get a treeman.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 05-03-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: adding a link, innit

  3. #3603
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    2lab - apologies if I'm teaching your grandma to suck eggs and you actually happen to be Mr Bloodbowl (Croatia, '03) but put a treeman in your starting team. He needs as much time as possible to get good. And a block-free LoS. Also, go light on the re-rolls (no more than 1) - you've got enough AG and skills on the specialists to cope.
    Hahaha, weird that your advice is pretty much the opposite of what I would suggest:

    1. Don't bother with the treeman, ever. He's terrible.

    2. Absolute minimum of 2 TRRs, preferably 3. Elves are agile but light on some skills like Sure Hands which will end up biting you. TRRs will help you be your elfy best and they're cheaper now instead of later.

    That's what I would do anyway. Maybe both strategies are valid? or maybe just don't listen to me at all :)

  4. #3604
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    530
    Yeah I'm of the "Treeman = too slow" mindset too, despite being a fairly confrontational elf player. Go Naturists! Etc. But it's down to personal preference really, and I've seen top-level wood elf players both with and without treemen.

  5. #3605
    Network Hub potatoedoughnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    США (GMT-7)
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    'Hands has got some lovely candidates for euthansia if you look closely enough. I'm sure he won't mind.
    Yeah I tried that last time I played his freak elves, and IIRC he killed one of MY guys.


    Also regarding woodies, I usually go with the full positional, no reroll starting roster. Get leader on a thrower for a cheap reroll, then add another way down the line when you get some cash. You'll lose players, but you should also be winning games by scoring a lot so that will at least give you cash to replace positionals. Don't bother replacing linos.

    However, this lineup is not very forgiving and not recommended for new players.

    I like the treeman, if for nothing else than to distract from getting your other players hit.
    Last edited by potatoedoughnut; 05-03-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    Steam = potatoedoughnut

    [RPS] Clone High

  6. #3606
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,614
    It's not my fault you don't listen! Murder them, I said, but noooo, you had to be different. You had to be your own man.

  7. #3607
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    382
    "Alright, alright, let's get this over with. Everyone pipe down until it's yer turn to speak or by the Great Maw, I'll...!

    "Ahem, right. It is my distinct honor to announce the creation of a new Ogre team - affectionately known as The Knuckle Heads - the charter of which has been approved by Greasus Goldtooth hisself, indirectly, via the subordinate of his chancellor's scribe. I have scoured the whole of the Mountains of Mourn to find the most promising bulls ever to grace the pitch; one of them even knows what touchdown is. Suffice it to say that this squad will provide a strong, reliable, yet, dare I say, graceful foundation upon which champions are built.

    "Of course, no team would be complete without hardy and agile ball-handlers, and to that end, we have shipped in a literal crateload of snotlings, all of whom come from notable pedigrees in their respective warrens. These rambunctious scamps have a passion for the game that far exceeds their stature, and their talent almost as much.

    "With that, members of the press, I will open the floor for questions. Yes, the Tau in the back?"

    "Thank you, coach. How do you like your chances this season?"

    "Better than your face. The orc in the houndstooth jacket?"

    "What kind of playbook can we expect to see?"

    "A very thin one with lots of colorful pictures. Last question...the Eldar with the paisley tie?"

    "Any truth to the rumors that your former business parter was found disembowled..."

    "This press conference is over!"

  8. #3608
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    586
    Iím another in the Pres camp regarding the humble Tree. The introduction of Journeymen has removed the one asset (survivability) Trees gave the team. I never consider getting a Tree on a Woodie team. They are totally counter to everything that makes Woodies easy mode. Speed, agility and mobile screens donít really fit the Treeman skillset! Moreover if you want to play to Woodies real defensive strengths youíll often be running asymmetrical set ups, further marginalising the Tree. The usual argument in their favour is you need the protection on the LoS but as he is basically out the game after that (against competent coaches at least) you are actually worse off most of the time. Far better to let a lino get hit rather than accepting a ten man drive from the off and way way better to be able to leverage your manoeuvrability advantage on defence rather than be tied down by the great lump in the middle.

  9. #3609
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    216
    This evening has been a mixed bag. I gleefully login to BB, and discover than my Blitzer got a double on his skillup. Guard it is. And I get Dodge on a Lineself, excellent.

    Let's go and apply to that new division then, great.

    Oh look, the undead and the khemri teams are already there. Let's have a look at them!

    Huh, so the undead team has...3 players with Guard already? Including one of the Mummies? That's...intimidating. And the ghoul has +1MA... Huh...

    And the Khemri team has...4 Tomb Guardians? ...What? That's allowed?

    ...

    *whimper*

  10. #3610
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    560
    "Sergant, sergant"
    "Yes Corporal?"
    "We've been promoted sarge"
    "What are you wittering on about , we haven't played the last game of the season yet you silly little man"
    "Nah Sarge, we won the last match by default"
    "Default Corporal?"
    "Yes Sarge"
    "The two sweetest words in the Reikstounge Corporal and never forget it"
    "No Sarge"

  11. #3611
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,614
    You keep away from me, Hutton, YOU KEEP AWAY!

    /whimpers

  12. #3612
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    This evening has been a mixed bag. I gleefully login to BB, and discover than my Blitzer got a double on his skillup. Guard it is. And I get Dodge on a Lineself, excellent.

    Let's go and apply to that new division then, great.

    Oh look, the undead and the khemri teams are already there. Let's have a look at them!

    Huh, so the undead team has...3 players with Guard already? Including one of the Mummies? That's...intimidating. And the ghoul has +1MA... Huh...

    And the Khemri team has...4 Tomb Guardians? ...What? That's allowed?

    ...

    *whimper*
    Hoy, Yeah, the +MV guard ghoul sees alot of use, think of it as a 2 man blitz, great for removing key players.


    Guard on an elf? What's to stop someone hitting the guarding elf? You ask the same of my ghoul, my answer? Disposable zombies!

    Disposable zombies is also my plan for dealing with the tomb guardians.

    Yep, its gonna get messy.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  13. #3613
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    You keep away from me, Hutton, YOU KEEP AWAY!

    /whimpers
    My victory against you was predicated upon your Minotaur's desire to stay still in the middle of the pitch and not do anything. That tactic is closed off to me now that you don't have a Mino.

  14. #3614
    Network Hub HughTower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    171
    My tree is my god, my totem, my maypole and my heartbeat. In less emotional terms, he's a great sponge for hits and a focal point for the more red mister of my opponents. Sure, he has bad days where he might as well not be there, especially against fellow elves, but he's had plenty of good days against the bash to be worth his timber.

    A full postional starting roster gives you 8 skill rolls straight off the bat. Play cautiously, and without really terrible luck, you'll do just fine. I fully understand the treeman's Marmite qualities, but 2 rerolls is a real waste on woodies (from the off) and just ends up enabling lazy play. In my oh so humble view. Like putting stabilisers on a Chopper. Or something.

    Plus Weasel's bitter and twisted when it comes to discussing elven perfection. It was old Iron Quinns who made him so.

    Plus plus, what the jiminy is a asymmetric setup? They sound fun.
    Last edited by HughTower; 05-03-2012 at 09:41 PM.

  15. #3615
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    Plus plus, what the jiminy is a asymmetric setup? They sound fun.
    I suspect this refers to the old ploy of stacking a receiving team to one side or another to dupe the kicking team into overcommitting. Works pretty well with an agile team, from what I've seen.

    But what do I know? I'm just an Ogre - I bite the heads off Humans.
    Last edited by X_kot; 05-03-2012 at 10:06 PM.

  16. #3616
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    This evening has been a mixed bag. I gleefully login to BB, and discover than my Blitzer got a double on his skillup. Guard it is. And I get Dodge on a Lineself, excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Hoy, Yeah, the +MV guard ghoul sees alot of use, think of it as a 2 man blitz, great for removing key players.
    ..... Great! I'm glad for you guys.

    I have precisely managed to get one and only one skill up :)

    (Please let it be plenty of induction credits....)

  17. #3617
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    My tree is my god, my totem, my maypole and my heartbeat. In less emotional terms, he's a great sponge for hits and a focal point for the more red mister of my opponents. Sure, he has bad days where he might as well not be there, especially against fellow elves, but he's had plenty of good days against the bash to be worth his timber.

    A full postional starting roster gives you 8 skill rolls straight off the bat. Play cautiously, and without really terrible luck, you'll do just fine. I fully understand the treeman's Marmite qualities, but 2 rerolls is a real waste on woodies (from the off) and just ends up enabling lazy play. In my oh so humble view. Like putting stabilisers on a Chopper. Or something.

    Plus Weasel's bitter and twisted when it comes to discussing elven perfection. It was old Iron Quinns who made him so.

    Plus plus, what the jiminy is a asymmetric setup? They sound fun.
    I'm just bitter and twisted in general, but as for elfs? For every traitorous Iron Quinns there's a heroic Alec Meer.
    Don't forget I had a season or two with wood elfs in the Open as well. Poor buggers got slaughtered, but that was my fault, not theirs. Won a couple of games a season, too, despite never being able to field a full team.

  18. #3618
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    My tree is my god, my totem, my maypole and my heartbeat. In less emotional terms, he's a great sponge for hits and a focal point for the more red mister of my opponents.
    Honestly, I have never fallen to this temptation against treefolk. Like those vicious evil mummies, I'll not waste time and energy trying to floor them when I can just walk around them.

  19. #3619
    Lesser Hivemind Node Jiiiiim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    755
    I spent the entire last game against Hughtower punching that tree, but in fairness he deserved it.

  20. #3620
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    ..... Great! I'm glad for you guys.

    I have precisely managed to get one and only one skill up :)

    (Please let it be plenty of induction credits....)
    Well... I also managed to get like one skillup in 3 games, since I had an even distribution of SPP throrough the team, so I'm not really that menacing yet. I guess I'm in for some rough matches this season...

    Edit: This means very little induction for you, mate!
    Last edited by Skydancer; 05-03-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •