View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 110 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Dear Jiim,

I laughed out loud several times. Seriously. Reading a match report about blood bowl.

I have come to treasure you.

Best,
    PWeasel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Splendid report. Just brilliant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I long to play Jiiim

Quote Originally Posted by jryan View Post
    M<snip>...I await my next match up. I have an hour or so on Fridays at 5:00pm est barring wife car exploding, and really any night after 9:00pm EST. Weekdays before 9:00 are prone to change without notice due to work and family, and weekends are usually good on Sunday... just not this one because dsatardly fate screwage decided to sneak one last eye poke in and I have to work Sunday.

Good game Screwbie, and you are an amazing patient opponent.
    Also post this in the match organising group, if you haven't already...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

I just did. Has someone validated the match yet?
    Last edited by jryan; 20-11-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Congrats to Mad Dave on his win, it was a tough no ones going to give an inch slugfest. Lets see how i fair against combat next, then am coming for you groovy!
    Where you can find some of my mischief: http://karandraz.wordpress.com/

The thing is, I'm now about...five? seasons in and Moneybags is the first player who's left the team. I haven't lost or retired a skink. Skinks are made of paper. I had a look at career stats and the skinks have, between them, suffered 28 casualties without dying. Good work, skinks.

Need a new monopoly-themed name for my next Kroxigor. I'm thinking Go just so every time he uses prehensile tail I can say "You cannot pass Go"

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I'm thinking Go just so every time he uses prehensile tail I can say "You cannot pass Go"
    Lol. I love it. :D

Yay, I just won my game against Alethron with 2-1 and with that the championship for the second time in a row.

Both of us played to the same tactic of keeping a thrower far back while pushing forward with the rest of the team. The game was marked by some bad luck at important times, double skulls for the elves and feeding frenzies for my vamps mostly. Besides those times, both teams played competently and without too many injuries.

Thanks for the game Alethron.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I haven't lost or retired a skink. Skinks are made of paper.
    I'm finding this as well, my skinks seem to be really hardy because one hasn't died yet and only some have had minor injuries. They get knocked out easily but thats about it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    2-0 for Elf Harm over NieA7's Read in Tooth and Claw. The elf bastards chose to kick, but then somehow managed to hold the injury fairy off for long enough to snatch a touchdown at the end of the first half. Receiving in the second, they suffered a disaster when their coach's inattention resulted in the turn timer running out with the ball being held by a catcher standing right beside an opposing star player.

Oops.

However, things took a turn for the better soon after that, as an elf lineman was fouled to death. Well, fouled to -1ST, but the apothecary wisely suggested we end his life instead. Knowing that Nuffle loves elf blood, I sacrificed the lineman to His dark hunger, and was able to go on to snatch the ball back and score, putting me 2-0 up.

(And on the final turn I ran 10 squares to pick the ball up and then passed it to someone in an enemy tackle zone, because elfs are bastards.)

Thanks to NieA7 for the game, it was always going to be tough when you're 600K of inducements behind, but he played well and gave me an enjoyable match.

Just got comprehensively beaten by ChainsawHands invulnerable elfs 2-0. The dice administered a light Nuffling but generally speaking neither I nor my team was up to the job. A healthy 660k of inducements got spent on a babe, two bribes and Count Luthor, who was something of a mixed bag. He used 3 of my four re-rolls in the first half and managed no more than 2 hypnotic gazes all match, but when I gave up on that idea and started hitting people with him he was more effective.

The bribes were much better value for money, both got used and fouling was the only way I got any casualties (including one elf who ended up at -1 strength, rerolled to dead). The first half consisted mainly of me failing to get over the half way line while the cursed elfs danced around singing silly songs about flowers while refusing to fall over. Particularly impressive was the leaping strength 4 freak who managed to end up in the middle of my cage holding the ball at one point. Eventually the inevitable happened and the ball got to an elf who could escape, and despite a valiant chase from the Count the elfs scored on the last turn of the half.

Second half was more of the same in many ways. A series of impressive moves from the elfs was cut short when they ran out of time, leaving the ball carrier very vulnerable. What followed was my best turn of the game - while my blocking was sub-par most of the match, somehow everything this turn resolved to a pow, leaving stunned elfs all over the pitch and the ball safely in the hands of a wolf. Wasn't to last though as some careless positioning left him in the open, easy prey for the str 4 freak. Eventually the elfs threw the ball downfield into open space where none of the dead could quite reach. A cunning plan to use Count Luthor to chuck it back upfield again was cut short when a Golem managed to double skull early on, leaving the ball open for an easy elfy run-in.

With two turns left to score it was theoretically possible to pull one back, but a perfect defense roll followed by a a failed go for it put paid to that, leaving the final score 2-0.

I was pretty much expecting to lose this game, and in the event ChainsawHands played better anyway to gain a thoroughly deserved win. The MVP landed on a Wight (though not the one who refuses to level up, of course), finally getting me some mighty blow. This division always looked beyond Tooth and Claw, especially after the death of their star wolf - relegation is looming large in the future. So long as there are no dorfs down there it's probably for the best.
    Last edited by NieA7; 20-11-2011 at 05:28 PM.

2-1 to the queens of the neighborhood, in a sloppy, rainy game. GG Wolfenswan.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Jarvis and I played our Chaos-off yesterday. In traditional un-sportsmanly manner, I purposefully neglected to record the result promtly. Yeah, take THAT.

In other news, my 1900TV team, veterans of the dawn of the RPS divisions, were beaten in a textbook 2-1 grind by some upstarts from the land of Jarvis. Mayble I've been dosing my team with too much adulation of Tzeench, or I was too keen to get back on with some Skyrimming (yes, that IS how I play it).

Anyhoo, that puts me in line for a demotion from this season - 1 draw, 1 loss. Unless... I can get really lucky and smack the hell out of some zons...

Unlikely.

Thanks for the game Jolima. Usual bad luck for both teams, Jolima capitalised on it better than I did and deserved the win. Gratz on the Championship. AND FOR ENDING MY 22 GAME UNBEATEN RUN. QQ

Alistair and I finished our game 2-2 tie between his humans and my necros.

I had 100k in inducements which I spent on a bribe which did nothing (should have gotten babes). I started off receiving, but it didn't go too well. One of my wolves got KOed on turn 1 or 2 and proceeded to nap the rest of the match (failed 5 KO rolls -_-), which made things difficult all game long. Anyway after some switching back and forth from left to right a bit the humans were able to get the ball far away from the necros and then score on turn 7. This left me with 2 turns to score.

Amazingly I was able to get a couple receivers downfield, not get then knocked over, then get them clear, then make a pass into the endzone to tie things up 1-1 at halftime.

At the beginning of the second half an off-field kickoff gave the ball to the Ogre who pushed aggressively down the center with some support. A quick handoff to a catcher resulted in a TD on turn 2.

After receiving a ghoul hung back with the ball while the rest of the team moved up to punch things. And punch things they did. Over a turn or two the humans suffered 2 cas and 2 KO and some stuns which let the Necros put in the equalizer 2-2 with 2 turns to go.

The humans weren't able to get any receivers downfield so the necros moved up and tried to take the ball. A ghoul and werewolf were able to knock over the thrower, but some less that awesome bounces let the humans get the ball back and hail mary the ball deep in the Necro half. There was a chance to put in the winning TD since I left a wight in the backfield, but needed to pick up, short pass, catch, then handoff. Of course the pickup failed (w/ a RR) leaving the final 2-2.

It was kind of a strange game with some streaks of good rolls for the both of us, then some patches of fail, but on average Nuffle didn't favor either of us too heavily.

GG and GL with your next match Alistair!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jryan View Post
    I just did. Has someone validated the match yet?
    Hi Jryan. For your benefit and any other DoD newcomers, the "match organising group" ntw refers to is in the "RPS Divisions of Death" group under Community > Groups. Just join that group, find the thread for your division and voila. The old match organising forum thread is no longer used.

(Groovychainsaw, perhaps its time to change the info in the first post of this thread?)

Having said that, Div F's last match still hasn't been validated and the division rolled on to Day 2 yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Right, thinking about letting my dwarfs have a rest and start another team. Prime candidates are skaven and pro elfs/woodies, I considered goblins as well, but I know I'll just get frustrated and quit them after a season or two. Most likely I'll end up in skaven-land as I'm running a High Elf team in the RPS open league. Any suggestions? My favourite team is probably the orcs, but they're a bit too close to the dorfs in playing style, ie. bash-bash-bash.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    More variety is good, and there is a surprising lack of Skavens in the Divisions right now.

I have never been able to get Pro Elves to work either, though - I'd love to play against a high-developed pro-elf team at one point, just to see what I'm doing wrong with them.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well the nature of skaven here is they tend to either get very successful or very dead in a very short time. Either way, they're an adrenaline-rush team that seems often to get retired before too long.