View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 111 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I think I'll go skaven this time, do I have to do anything in the spreadsheet to mark me as rebooting?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I believe it goes like this:
    • In column C, put your new team choice in {} curly brackets.
    • In hidden column E, put R1 (or if there is an R1, the next free number).

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I think I'll go skaven this time, do I have to do anything in the spreadsheet to mark me as rebooting?
    in the E column put -
    R1 {Ska}
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

AV
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Right, thinking about letting my dwarfs have a rest and start another team. Prime candidates are skaven and pro elfs/woodies, I considered goblins as well, but I know I'll just get frustrated and quit them after a season or two. Most likely I'll end up in skaven-land as I'm running a High Elf team in the RPS open league. Any suggestions? My favourite team is probably the orcs, but they're a bit too close to the dorfs in playing style, ie. bash-bash-bash.
    You wouldn't believe how excited I am about this happening... Two games, two losses to the dorf classic grind, months of misery.

Thank you, Mr Pier.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll be glad to see the back of mrpier's dorfs too, one of very few teams that ever had my rats particularly worried. Bloody midgets and their bloody guard spam.

LowKey's Undead Vs My Vamps:

First half went as normal really - a few thralls are injured, and the recieving Undead run in a TD on about turn 5 or so despite the deployment of my wizard (who I actually remembered I had for once!), with a marked ghoul managing an interception in the pouring rain. Some chain pushing and a lucky long throw sees me equalise though, without time for Lowkey to get a second.

Second half sees just 8 of my players line up to recieve in nice weather against his 11, and I fear the worst. A vamp and thrall sit deep in my half with the ball, while the other six try and get past the guard-heavy undead lines. It doesn't really work, and my ball carrier is also sacked by a wight. My luck changed then though as the vamp stood up, passed bloodlust, picked up the ball and threw it the maximum distance allowed without Hail Mary, where another vamp caught it! he takes the two surviving thralls with him downfield to the undead goalline, where thanks to a failed ghoul dodge, a fairly solid cage is built. Not fancying my chances to not concede again (down to 5 players now), I wait around and in turn 14 a wight is forced into a blitz which would require a 6+ dodge and then double defender-down to stop me. It succeeds, also knocking the ball into the crowd, who throw it fairly safe. Fairly safe is a comparative term around vamps though, and a couple of dodges and a blitz gives me the ball again, needing a 2+ throw and catch to score. I fail it though, and suddenly he has achance to run the length of the pitch with his wight - it's a very close thing, and all re-rolls are used up, but with the last action of the game, he just gets over the line to make it 2-1. At which point I have 2 players left on the pitch, both lying down behind his goalline.

It was a really close, tense game and I enjoyed it a lot (despite losing yet again), thanks Lowkey!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    still awaiting a reply from Valiant. How did Grinn get hold of him? I've added him on steam but he hasnt accepted

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post

In other news, my 1900TV team, veterans of the dawn of the RPS divisions, were beaten in a textbook 2-1 grind by some upstarts from the land of Jarvis.
    Pretty mad to think its almost a year since the league expanded fully and we made new teams, although I feel bad about leaving my Orcs now. :(

Also, anyone know if the pass skill works with dump-off? You can't use a team reroll with it so I was just wondering.
    Last edited by duff; 23-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I know nerves of steel does, which suggests the passing skills are meant to work with it, but I've never had a player with both skills so I don't know if pass and dump-off work together in the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Folks, I hate to be a pest but can someone please roll Div F on to Day 2?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Pretty mad to think its almost a year since the league expanded fully and we made new teams, although I feel bad about leaving my Orcs now. :(

Also, anyone know if the pass skill works with dump-off? You can't use a team reroll with it so I was just wondering.
    You can only use team rerolls on your turn. It is not possible to reroll your rolls on your opponent's turn (like intercept, tentacles or the pass during dump-off).

However, all skills are applicable. Pass, accuracy and even strong arm work for dump-off.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Got thrashed 2-1 by Duffin who played entirely too seriously considering how badly I was shooting myself in the foot throughout. The Div 3 DElf-DElf game wasn't even a real contest.

Turn 1 was bad enough when it ended with my (receiver) having just as many players on the floor as him. Turn 2 revealed that I don't know jack about multiple block (you can't use it as part of a blitz) and saw the entirety of our TV difference, one Horkon, start part one of his 13 turn nap. By the end of the first half I was four players down, including a death and a MNG. Oddly I don't think either one of us needed a reroll for at leas the first 6, maybe 10 turns. Duffin scored handily after stealing the ball.

Only learning the difference between Duffin's two star blitzers let me make any progress at all. The Mighty Blower was wildly successful until fouled out, and the sidestepper was a constant thorn in my side. Even when I have 4+ players with MB I never get a string of injuries like that :( Despite a Blitz result ruining my refused flank strategy, I was able to pull off a long series of rolls and score in the final turn of the first half using the tried and tested Handoff->Pass->Dodge->GFI strategy.

The second half was interrupted by a series of telephone calls regarding job interview dates (turns out my mobile is fucked beyond repair and has been for at least a week) which Duffin kindly stalled through. An -AV on a witch-elf foul (apo'd to BH with the malicious player sent off) precipitated the most ludicrous attempts at dodges and leaps seen by elf or man which predictably got nowhere. In one case, I'd forgotten to hit the blitz button whilst taking down assessment criteria but that didn't matter because the leap failed spectacularly anyway. Unmodified agility my rear end!

The only consolation is that a lineself levelled up. I say consolation, I mean TV bloat. At least I had a death to cover it ...

Thanks for the game, Duff, and sorry about the interruptions/delays/not being a real challenge.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Folks, I hate to be a pest but can someone please roll Div F on to Day 2?
    Done.

Fucksake 10 characters I'll give you 10 characters you bastard forum software right down your FUCKING ELECTRONIC THROAT!

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Done.

Fucksake 10 characters I'll give you 10 characters you bastard forum software right down your FUCKING ELECTRONIC THROAT!
    Word, brother.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Done.

Hahaha....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The RPS Divisions of Death!

Division 2!

Wednesday Night, Slightly After 7.30pm!

Desvergeh's Necros versus President Weasel's Chaos Mans!

1700 vs 1670!

Who will win?

Me.
    By a much higher margin than I deserved, too. Des chose to kick, and despite my agi 4 beastman failing to keep hold of a simple handoff, he managed to recover the ball next turn and run in a touchdown. Des had 3 turns to try and score but I managed to stall him. My plan of targeting the werewolves (and the ghouls when they weren't hiding) in order to whittle down the ball carriers on his team was achieving nothing, and we went into the second half with 2 KOd guys on my team and one on his. One of my guys woke up, and we both had plenty of subs anyway.
    The second half saw Des try a risky play, making a hole in my line and then trying a handoff practically in the middle of my team in an attempt to get a wight through my lines and away. The wight failed to hold onto the ball, and it landed next to about 4 of my players. I managed to blitz the wight onto the ball and it bounced into the hands of one of my chaos mans. I got him up the side of the pitch in a couple of turns and then made the first successful handoff of the evening for a touchdown, putting enough points onto one of my mans to give him guard to go with the block. Ooh, or mighty blow... choices, choices.
    With only a handful of turns left I took off my best players and put on the second string in order to try to spread points through the team. They seemed to have something to prove as the benchwarmers actually managed to turn armour breaks into a couple of casualties, unlike the feeble efforts of the first team.
    Trying to get back into the game with a fast touchdown Des failed a dodge with his wight and spilled the ball, and I then managed to get a completely undeserved third touchdown in the final turn, with beastmen scooping up the ball and making passes and catches (actual catches!) like they were elves or something.

3-0 to the Red Skull Reavers, but that's a very flattering scoreline considering the way I and Desvergeh played; I suspect that stat analysis program would show Desvergeh had a nasty case of the ones this evening.

All I have to do now is beat Chainsawhands's elf team and I get promoted! (hollow laugh)

Team Pestigor has announced that they have started looking for a new coach, ntw will be leaving the club by mutual agreement at the end of the season and will be seen next season in the lower leagues coaching a rookie team.
    Last edited by ntw; 24-11-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    My elves were unusually fearsome tonight, and battered their way through the hapless Nurgles for a 2-0 victory. Mostly due to lucky dice and my Witch Elf on steroids mercilessly hunting the ball carrier down the length of the pitch.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    The only consolation is that a lineself levelled up. I say consolation, I mean TV bloat. At least I had a death to cover it ...
    There is no such thing as TV bloat, that is the mindset of players who try to suck the fun out of the game. There is only players getting better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Desvergeh's Necros versus President Weasel's Chaos Mans!

1700 vs 1670!

Who will win?

Me.
    That's not what the spreadsheet says...