View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 113 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I've been caught before by a slight variation on that tactic, where the safety I left back precisely to avoid getting "Huttoned" like that got taken out by a werewolf. Those things move surprisingly far.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I've been caught before by a slight variation on that tactic, where the safety I left back precisely to avoid getting "Huttoned" like that got taken out by a werewolf. Those things move surprisingly far.
    Your mans needed more skills.

See how I've expertly blended two conversation threads into a single post? I win at the internet.

Now if only I could win at Blood Bowl.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 24-11-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I haven't played Necros but Undead are fairly similar, and my biggest problem was getting bogged down on the offense. Undead are perhaps a little more inclined to bashing their way through in a cage thanks to the Mummies and Mighty Blow, but I found it was very important to keep pressure on the wings with my Wights and Ghouls. If you try to force your way through and don't manage to KO anyone, you can quickly get your cage surrounded and forward progress becomes difficult even against a weaker team, as even if you can block and follow up with the front of your cage, it will leave your weaker players at the back exposed.

My most successful tactic was to keep my Mummies near the centre and use my zombies as a screen, with Wights and Ghouls staying mobile as much as possible. It forces your opponent to spread out, if they all surround the Mummies then the mobile players can rush up the sides while the zombies tie up as many opponents as possible (I had block and tackle on multiple zombies, which I think is well worth the extra TV).

Having played a bit of necro in Fumbbl fairly successfully, I'd say the best offence is to keep a ghoul with the ball behind a screen of zombies and flesh golems, and then have the wights, werewolves and other ghoul go round the sides. Once one of the later finishes a turn standing up in range of the endzone, go for the handoff. Ag 3 and a reroll is not terrible odds.

I honestly think Necros are the best hybrid team but that could be because they are the hybrid team I am best with, if that makes sense. :D

You do need to tailor your tactics to the opposition though and protect your wolves and ghoul (if you take one) at all costs.

Also someone mentioned MB/PO wolves above. You need doubles for strength skills on Wolves so it's not often you can get both.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I would never give a wolf piling on.

Even though they now have regen, you're just inviting fouls, also taking a very mobile player out of the game for another turn whilst he gets to his feet.

Me either - Mighty Blow and Juggernaut are the two doubles I'd consider, though after MB there are so many useful normal/agility skills I might even pass on the second.

Apropos of nothing my Necros have yet to roll ONE SINGLE DAMN DOUBLE OR STAT UP.

Anyway, yeah, Necro's get much better with a skill or two on each of their positionals, it just seems to be very hard to land the SPPs where you need them and win games at the same time.

The correct skill to give a werewolf on a second double is clearly juggernaut, anyway.

*shakes fist at the ninja*

Like a shadow. In the night.

Monopole Magnates (Jim, Lizards) vs Beyond the Pale (Jolima, Vamps)

My previous game with Jolima was a close-fought 2-2 draw, sang by Dolly Parton, so I approached this match with trepidation. The two-time league winning vampires are not to be taken lightly: I would need....a strategy. I bought a wizard, stroked my chin thoughtfully, and decided I would punch the hell out of his thralls until such time as his vampires had no more free drinks.

My main worry with vampires is that th-all glory to the hypnotoad. All glory to the hypnotoad. All glory to th- hey where did the ball go? I could swear I had it. Fortunately, with Jolima batting the ball loose every single turn, his low armour decided to explode, spectacularly. Vampire KO'd on failed dodge, Thrall KO'd by punching, Thrall KO'd by punching. This happened in three actions. He knocks the ball free again. I KO another vampire. And some thralls. And cause a cas against one. And KO another vampire. He doesn't really have anyone on the pitch now, so we stroll in the 1-0 on turn 8. Unfortunately all those thousands of KOs wake up so he can start his receiving turn with all 11 players.

Diving tackle did some wonders for me and looks the best way for lizards specifically to compete with vamps. Use the sauruses to man-mark thralls - they'll struggle to kick you off. Jolima keeps the vampires away from trouble and I'm happy to oblige, keeping diving tackle skinks nearby while trying to kill all the thralls unable to escape. This is the pattern of the second half. Thrall down, Thrall down, heroic 1 dice block from the skink with the strength of a man, on the Agility 5 vampire. Skink BH, Thrall BH, Thrall down, heroic 1 dice block from the saurus on the same vampire. Vampire runs loose and KO's himself on a failed GFI. Finally get the ball safe. There are now like 5 players left on Jolima's team and we just run in the second touchdown, handing off to a saurus in the process. 2-0 to the Magnates, final score.

Horrible, horrible armour rolls for Jolima but the aim was to maximise blocks against the skill-less, low-armour thralls and I managed that.

Now I just need MrPier to beat Alethron and I don't get relegated. COME ON THE DWARVES.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Monopole Magnates (Jim, Lizards) vs Beyond the Pale (Jolima, Vamps)

My previous game with Jolima was a close-fought 2-2 draw, sang by Dolly Parton, so I approached this match with trepidation. The two-time league winning vampires are not to be taken lightly: I would need....a strategy. I bought a wizard, stroked my chin thoughtfully, and decided I would punch the hell out of his thralls until such time as his vampires had no more free drinks.

My main worry with vampires is that th-all glory to the hypnotoad. All glory to the hypnotoad. All glory to th- hey where did the ball go? I could swear I had it. Fortunately, with Jolima batting the ball loose every single turn, his low armour decided to explode, spectacularly. Vampire KO'd on failed dodge, Thrall KO'd by punching, Thrall KO'd by punching. This happened in three actions. He knocks the ball free again. I KO another vampire. And some thralls. And cause a cas against one. And KO another vampire. He doesn't really have anyone on the pitch now, so we stroll in the 1-0 on turn 8. Unfortunately all those thousands of KOs wake up so he can start his receiving turn with all 11 players.

Diving tackle did some wonders for me and looks the best way for lizards specifically to compete with vamps. Use the sauruses to man-mark thralls - they'll struggle to kick you off. Jolima keeps the vampires away from trouble and I'm happy to oblige, keeping diving tackle skinks nearby while trying to kill all the thralls unable to escape. This is the pattern of the second half. Thrall down, Thrall down, heroic 1 dice block from the skink with the strength of a man, on the Agility 5 vampire. Skink BH, Thrall BH, Thrall down, heroic 1 dice block from the saurus on the same vampire. Vampire runs loose and KO's himself on a failed GFI. Finally get the ball safe. There are now like 5 players left on Jolima's team and we just run in the second touchdown, handing off to a saurus in the process. 2-0 to the Magnates, final score.

Horrible, horrible armour rolls for Jolima but the aim was to maximise blocks against the skill-less, low-armour thralls and I managed that.

Now I just need MrPier to beat Alethron and I don't get relegated. COME ON THE DWARVES.
    Who are you and what have you done with Jiiiim and his pictures?
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Yeah I couldn't think of anything good, sorry _

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I'm hoping my dwarfs bow out of the champs div. in an orgy of blood and carnage.

There might be small hickup though, after a disk crash on tuesday I had to reinstall BBLE, and now when I try to log on online I can't get in, claiming my username/password is incorrect, when I try to get a new password, I get a player does not exist message. I'm hoping it was just a temporary glitch and that I'll get logged on tonight, otherwise I must trust to the mercy of the customer support gods.

I am sorry to ask this, but are you sure you're using the right username? If you've slightly misremembered it, that would perfectly fit the symptoms you are experiencing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    That could be a possibility except there's an option to see which accounts you have connected to your playerkey, and that also gives me player does not exist. Besides my username is mrpier so it should be easy to remember. :-)

Also I had to access my nexway account to get the activation and playerkey, and that took several tries, now I don't know how these systems are connected in anyway, but if one is glitched then maybe there's something there.

Brolaf Brigade (me) 0 - 1 Rejected RPG Stats (Laneford)

This match was a bit of a surprise for me, not because I lost, but because I didn't actually die horribly in the process. Laneford's team is significantly more well developed than mine, so I started off with 500k+ of inducement cash, which went to hiring Icepelt Hammerblow to try and overcome some of my strength deficit against the Nurgle team, a wandering apothecary, and two babes (you can tell I was expecting a thrashing). I chose to receive, hoping that getting the first hits in might result in some injuries. No such luck. Icepelt rapidly proved his usefulness by being KO'd on about turn 3, and my offense was rapidly swarmed under, with another 4 or 5 KO's as the Nurgley monsters bashed their way to the ball. Nevertheless, I almost managed to prevent the TD from Laneford, but neglected to properly cover a sleeping Pestigor, who promptly dodged his way into the endzone and caught a short pass for the score.

Second half, the babes, at least, came through and ensured that all but one of my KO'd players got back up. This was to be only the beginning of my altered luck. I started off playing a very stand-offish defense, hoping simply to slow the Nurgle team down and make them come to me. Come they did, but lo and behold, my return blocks started to meet with stunning success. After a first half of rolling almost nothing but pushes and skulls, I suddenly started rolling nothing but pows. I even managed to cause an injury or two. However, the sudden streak of luck wasn't quite enough. While I did manage to knock the ball free, Laneford quickly recovered it and hurled it down-pitch. With time running out, and rain pouring down, I was unable to move the ball far enough back the other direction to manage an equalizer.

A good match all around, and one that I am extremely relieved did not result in any permanent damage to my team. The worst of Laneford's ire fell on Icepelt, in what was easily the block of the match. His rookie blitzing Beast rolled a both down, which resulted in a double casualty. The Beast suffered broken ribs (I think?) and Icepelt was killed (but regenned). Both were out for the rest of the match.

And with that, Div 1 is ready to roll on, and it's down to me and Alistair Hutton in what I believe will be a rematch for relegation. I fear my Norse may have flown too high this season. We need more time to feed on squishies before going up against folks that actually wear armor on the pitch. :P

Dear Brolaf Brigade,

Thank you for giving the beast a MNG.

Love,
    Clone High
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Yeah I couldn't think of anything good, sorry _
    Jiiiiiiiim, I just named a halfling player on the Tiny Presidents team "John Quincy Incy Wincy Adams". I wanted you to know.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Verified games, moved days on etc.

Thomas not-a-Hefferson
    Abraham Dinkum
    Theadorable Roosevelt
    Midget Nixon
    Gerald Dorf
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 25-11-2011 at 07:50 PM.