View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 114 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Gerald Dorf is good, but I already used Gerald Ford as a treeman because he was so wooden (I was going to use Lincoln Log, but it's a pretty obscure American toy so I didn't think people would get it). Midget Nixon is going in the team, and Theadorable Roosevelt is genius.

You've still got it.

Surely the other Treeman must be Wood-row Wilson.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Nah, he's Andy "Old Hickory" Jackson.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Dear Brolaf Brigade,

Thank you for giving the beast a MNG.

Love,
    Clone High
    I'm terribly sorry but I believe it was just a BH. (I think)

Still, he is entirely useless, he cost me far more than he gave me in that game.

I'd like to echo smaug's excellent report except to say that my win was totally undeserved. His norse may have pretended to bring AV7 for the day, (they actually turned up with AV9) but smaug rolled appaling block dice in that first half, and even then I had very very few chances, it was only carelessness that stopped smaug properly marking the two heads three arms freak pestigor (c) Jiiiiiiim that ended up with me scoring the vital TD in T8.

Other than that I was never really on top of the game, against a team that I had over 500tv advantage in, smaug played excellently and deserved a draw.

On this form, I don't fancy my chances against some massively induced necros unless my nurgle regain their killing ruthless touch. (ONE injury all game against norse, aint good enough). At least they won't have a ST6 frenzy snowtroll for me to deal with...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Thomas not-a-Hefferson
    Abraham Dinkum
    Theadorable Roosevelt
    Midget Nixon
    Gerald Dorf
    'Lil' Clinton'

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I'm terribly sorry but I believe it was just a BH. (I think)
    Boo thought I saw him injured when I leveled my ghoul today. Anyway, you should keep the kid gloves on and not hurt any of my mans.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Just played my game with Alini 1-0 to my Lizards.

It was a very grindy to be honest for my lizards. It took 7 turns to get my first touchdown, I was almost there at turn 4 but then the Dwarfs suddenly went on the attack and almost took the ball away from me. It was a complete grind after that trying not to make the dwarfs get a touchdown, with me trying despretly to take down their cage. Though maybe if I hadn't pressed End Turn stupidly I might of got the ball earlier since David Cameron was ready to blitz the ball carrier when the cage was at its weakest. The only thing that stopped the dwarfs was my rush of Skinks and his very small Movement squares which I was very lucky with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The Sirens just finished their match versus HughTower's Wood Elves. With 530k inducements, the Sirens bring Zara despite her questionable track-record, a Wizard hidden in the crowd and a bribe to take out that horrible Wardancers.

Of the three inducements, Zara proved the only worthwhile addition - by making an unlikely but critical intercept.

There is not much to be said apart from the fact that HughTower's elves were utterly inebriated, the Amazons scored a turn too early in the first half allowing for a counter TD before Half Time.

And thus begins the tale of Turn 13.

Major scuffles break out, with the Elves always ending up in control. A few minor KOs but nothing serious. The Elves are deep in the Siren's half, with a cage the Amazons fail to break. An elusive catcher is flirting and sidestepping around my TD line. A leaping blitzing Wardancer frees the thrower, who gets into position to make the pass to the 2-1.

And then the time runs out.

And the Elves start dying and dropping unconcious, one after the other.
    From a nearly full team at Cursed Turn 13, a lone rooted tree is watching sadly as the Amazons bring in an unchallenged and slightly undeserved 2-1 in Turn 16, securing their lead in Division A.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

The Potholers just held out for a draw against the Bullet Head Bills. A 50% success rate with the lob a halfling at the endzone in the first half, and the bullet head bills scoring with impunity lead to me pretending to be a dwarf player, and caging up over the whole of the second half to equalise on the final turn. A pair of line-elves were killed and an indeterminate number of halflings died, but they're basically irrelevant anyway.

Banned
    The dwarves would like to point out that once they remembered a ball was involved in the game they did manage to pick it up, throw it on target and catch it. Once, obviously. However scoring was ultimately rendered impossible by some very nasty dinosaurs with oversized teeth harassing the small and innocent dwarves who only want to be friends.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Dread Pool (Dark Elves, me) vs Big Bruised Ego (Ogres, DarkWeeble)

This was a much tougher game than I was expecting from an ogre side, as Weeble had the full ogre compliment and I had very little I could do about all that ST 5. Weeble's ogres stuck to the ball like glue, he used them really well. I eventually scored in the first half with a passing play, but the ogres really shut my elves out after half time and a snotling eventually ran across the line at the close of the match.

Final score: 1 - 1

My apothecary saved one of my runners from the morgue, but not one of my linemen. There was also a single snotling with a MNG but aside from that no other lasting problems for either side.

Activated Node
    I had several good 2dice blocks on your ball carrier as well in the second half but luck was just not on my side. Also I managed to predict almost every failed dodge roll for my Elves which is rather worrying. Bloody Halfling Chefs didn't help by stealing all my rerolls in the first half.

Awesome game against Jryan. 1-0 to the Light Stamptastic
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

That WAS an awesome game. There but for the grace of block go I.

Stamptastic, as is the fear of all Norse teams, kicked off in the first half. This leaves the unagile, unarmored Norse open to the early blows and injuries. The Norse, having a fool hardy coach, tempted fate and lined up in their traditional wall formation with their werewolves on the wings, giving the Blighters some first round injury opportunities.

Blighters took the OOB kick close to the Stampy right wing and made Stampy pay dearly for their setup with the first hit of the game coming on the line of scrimmage resulting in an injury to Stampy's right wing tackle that left a hole between the wolf on the right edge and Stampy's middle. It went downhill from there, injury wise.

After a brutal savaging in round one, Stampy rallied a workable scrum around the Blighters ball carrier and began trading blows The sheer number of bodies on the pitch kept the progress at a stand still. I knocked the ball out of the runners hands on two separate occasions only to watch the ball bounce an insufferable number of times through the crowd. The Blighters got caught on a dirty play..which I really don't blame them for since the sheer body count on the pitch was making moving the ball impossible. Finally Stampy got the game moving again by stupidly chain pushing the ball carrier out of the scrum.

This is a favorite technique of mine when playing in high TV games, but I forgot this is a low TV game and I had nothing to capitalize on the exposed carrier and the carrier was now out of tackle zones with a teammate streaking down the unguarded left wing.

Stampy rallied quickly however (scene missing) and recovered the ball at mid field and started a mad dash for the touchline. Blighters weren't done, however, and were able to successfully peel two players off of the scrum and catch up to my scampering ball carrier who was perilously close to scoring, knocking the ball out of his hand, downing his werewolf partner, but then failing the scoop.

The Wolf blitzed from down and freed the lineman who then got up, scooped up the ball and had only one GFI between himself and paydirt. Roll failed. First half ended 0-0. The Light Stamptastic had held on defense but narrowly missed a chance at a defensive score, and were down four players.

Blighters started the second half with a +2 player advantage but the never say die, never think things through spirit of the Light Stamptastic lead to yet another wall formation to start the second half with their sole blitzer going back to receive the kick. Stampy was receiving however, so the hope was that the death blows would be in their favor as they were hitting first.

Indeed, a Blighter lineman went down quick to a BH, and a stampy werewolf spied a lone Blighter on the left wing within a square of the sideline. A quick frenzied block knocked him off the pitch. The teams were now even at 9 all. The Norse took the advantage of their blocking advantage and put a body on a body, forgoing the oh-so-not-norse box offense.

The Blitzer made a successful pickup of the ball and started running towards the Blighters weakened right wing.

And he would have made it too it it weren't for those darn kids...

Blighters successfully blitzed the blitzer, knocking the ball out, now turning the body-on-body strategy against me as I now had a slew of tackle zones to sort out just to get help to my Blitzer. I was, luckily, able to free a werewolf get him into my backfield to help sort out the disaster. And at a 2-1 advantage it was sorted out in short order. The blitzer was able to recover and continue to the hole as the Blighters fought to close it. All players were now spread across a rather contentious LOS that stretched from my right sideline to mid field, with one Werewolf in the backfiled to keep Blitzy McBlitzerton occupied.

The fight at the left edge was won by Stampy, and my blitzer broke free with a werewolf running along as interference. Blighter took the free player at the LOS and sent him up field to set up a scoring opportunity. He then followed up by successfully extracting two players from the scrum and blitzing the ball carrier, knocking him down.

Blighter scooped the ball and headed towards the LOS, and injured a Norse lineman in the middle of the field, opening a gigantic hole there. The werewolf, in desperation blitzed in a GFI and failed, leaving the Blighters with a wide open middle, and a free player deep in the Norse backfield. He seized on this opening and sprinted into the gap and had a mere 3+ pass to an easy score, with rerolls to spare.

Failed pass, failed reroll, ball fumbled at midfield.

At this point my head was spinning. I had a 2-1 advantage in the Blighter backfield, but a real mess around the loose ball. The werewolf in the Blighter backfield made it a 2-0 advantage with a knockdown of the Blighters lone defender. At this point I saw my opening, as narrow and blatheringly crazy as it might be. The span was crazy, but it just might work... it all started my midfield lineman, tied up with a Blighter defender, a mere 2 squares from the Blighter that had just fumbled. He successfully hopped a tackle zone (with a reroll) in a blitz attempt to down the only Blighter by the ball. He succeeded in failing to take out the Blighter with a block-block standoff. It wasn't a TO, but this all but closed the door on the opportunity.

I freed up the nearest linemen to the ball with a chain of 1 die blocks down the LOS, allowing him to step into the ball square unmolested. He made the pickup. I counted the number of successful 1d rolls on this one play at 5 after spending the reroll on the very first tackle zone. He then executed a ho-hum, run of the mill 6+ perfect pass from a lineman TO a lineman, putting me is scoring position. I never anticipated that. My goal was to at best fumble it towards the Blighter goal, with best case being a failed catch resulting in pushing the live ball deep into Blighter territory. I never expected the successful pass, much less the catch.

I issued an all hands on deck scramble with my remaining players to get a head start on the Blighters in case he pulled a rabbit out of his hat. Unfortunately I had no more moves and ended the turn, smelling the sweet grass at the touchline.

"Oh hey", said Tom, "where'd this rabbit come from?" as he blitzed the ball carrier into the dirt and started pulling players back to help. My werewolf was having none of that and blitzed into a GFI to erase all hope for the Blighters.... and failed the roll.

Blighters then obliged with a failed pickup.

And so it was, on turn 14, that Stampy successfully blitzed out the opposition, scooped the ball, handed it to a werewolf who then walked in for a touchdown. 1-0 Light Stamptastic. I probably could have held the ball for a turn, but I wasn't liking my luck today, miracle play excluded of course.

Stampy then lined up and kicked deep to the touchline, making the job that much harder for the Blighters..who then botched the pickup.

With no possible way for the Blighters to go 16 squares in 1 turn I ended my turn without a move, and the Blighters finished their second half bad luck with a failed GFI by the ball carrier.

Game ended 1-0.

Great game Tom. it was a single wild swing of luck that kept the game from ending 1-0 in favor of the Blighters.
    Last edited by jryan; 27-11-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Boo thought I saw him injured when I leveled my ghoul today. Anyway, you should keep the kid gloves on and not hurt any of my mans.
    I've just checked my team, and he is MNG alas. :(

On the other hand, I now have a rotter with AG5, and three niggling injuries. He should be interesting.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I've just checked my team, and he is MNG alas. :(

On the other hand, I now have a rotter with AG5, and three niggling injuries. He should be interesting.
    AG5! I can't get a single Agility/Strength upgrade for love nor money. So jealous.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My game with INinja finished 1-1, pretty bloodless game (much to my disappointment!). It very nearly went oh-so-wrong for the rats early when my first-drive blitz nearly scored a defensive touchdown. It nearly went oh-so-wrong for me on turn 15 when a hero GR made a 3d against block on my 5st ball carrier and rolled DS/DS/DD. One dead linerat, one injured beastman. I am disappoint.

You were supposed to stomp on some rats for me!

@jyran lovely write up. I've just watched the replay and kicked myself at those oh-so-close moments. Best match I've played in a long time.

Looking at Div F scores, what happens at the end of the season with Screwie's ringer team? Do they go up a div or is it going to be best loser?
    Last edited by Tom OBedlam; 27-11-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Dread Pool (Dark Elves, me) vs Big Bruised Ego (Ogres, DarkWeeble)

Final score: 1 - 1

My apothecary saved one of my runners from the morgue, but not one of my linemen. There was also a single snotling with a MNG but aside from that no other lasting problems for either side.
    Damn I was hoping you'd MNG some of those nasty Ogres for me :(