View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 12 of 415 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    Again, the dice will always shit on you -or at least that's my experience.
    The fool hath said in his heart, "there is no Nuffle"...

Activated Node
    Never blame the dice when you lose... that way, when you win you can take all the credit :-)

Just beat cwoac 1-0, though the dice were unquestionably on my side. Don't think I've ever seen so many knockouts even including halflings.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Validated.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Those rats got you all the way to the Champions League in successive seasons, and now you want to change them and start again?
    I'm also one of the people thinking about changing teams... though I honestly don't think I have the heart to do it. It mind sound crazy, but as one dimensional as I'm starting to find the Orc game (especially after I lost my agi 4 thrower :( ), I actually feel like I owe it to them to continue. When Gragask Lineker breaks someones hip everygame I just cant find the bottle to look into those beautiful eyes and call time.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Just beat cwoac 1-0, though the dice were unquestionably on my side. Don't think I've ever seen so many knockouts even including halflings.
    indeed. at one point I had 6 KO and on injury. Out of a total of about ten recover rolls I made 2. Still, no permanent injuries.
    I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the e-dice are balancing out my usual luck with real ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    I'm also one of the people thinking about changing teams... though I honestly don't think I have the heart to do it. It mind sound crazy, but as one dimensional as I'm starting to find the Orc game (especially after I lost my agi 4 thrower :( ), I actually feel like I owe it to them to continue. When Gragask Lineker breaks someones hip everygame I just cant find the bottle to look into those beautiful eyes and call time.

I'd be the same way if my "star player" wasn't such a one-rolling traitor.

With 2 games played, I have 4 points, Pier has 3, Zoraster 2, and Nullks 1.

If I beat Nullkigan I get promoted. It's unlikely though as amazons are my bogey team.
    If I draw with Nullkigan and Pier draws with Zoraster, I get promoted.
    If I draw with Nullks and Zoraster wins, we end up even on 5 points and with identical head-to-head records. I think I'd go through in that case due to the sheer number of rats I broke in our drawn match.
    If Pier wins and I don't, Pier gets promoted.
    If Pier draws and I lose, Pier and Nullkigan and I all end up on 4 points, in the classic "I beat Pier who beat Nullkigan who beat me" confusion, and it will come down to casualties vs touchdowns.

Unless I lose all my players to injuries (touch wood) and Zoraster scores eleventy touchdowns in the final match, it doesn't seem likely that he can be promoted. It's mathematically impossible for me to be demoted. But any of three people can get promoted, and any of three can go down.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Heh, complicated down there. Champs is a lot cleaner cut for me. There's only one possibility in which I can lose, that's if ChainsawHands wins both his remaining games. If the other day 2 game is a win for HughTower or a draw, I win. Even if HughTower wins both his last games and I lose mine, we'd be on level pegging seperated by my victory against him.

I really hope HughTower does win/draw against ChainsawHands, it'd take the pressure off me and let me just coast to the finish line, taking risks and spreading SPP in my final game. Bloody 85 SPP one-turner hogging all the touchdowns. Still, better to be a ball-hog than a one-roller.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    A draw is always a good bet on my dwarves given my inability to score more than a couple of goals each match.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Unless I lose all my players to injuries (touch wood) and Zoraster scores eleventy touchdowns in the final match, it doesn't seem likely that he can be promoted.
    Well unless I win and you lose of course which means I finish a point ahead of you and Nullk and mrpier gets relegated. Unlikely given my battered rats and all that Guard coupled with 2 AG4 players... chances of my getting the ball off the Dwarfs are low, but given the hideous luck Iíve had with loose balls this season I might have dice karma helping the cause :)

Wow, you're right. Anyone can get promoted. It's all to play for!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've got a new bathroom, a new kitchen and the old phone line. I am back in business. I have reactivated my self on the spread sheet and await the next season with baited breath.

A somewhat messy game between Copper8642's humans and my vamps saw many skulls on both sides, lots of inaccurate passing and general unexpectedness all round. Thankfully, my thrall's av7 held up better than the human's av8 and I won 1-0, although it required a last turn go-for-it blitz on his catcher with an unskilled thrall to stop an equaliser and my MVP thrall from last game died. Overall, an odd game, but played in a good spirit, thanks Copper!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Validated.

Meatloaf and I just finished our Day 2 game, 4-0 to Clone High. Unfortunately Meat was still learning some of the mechanics and how to play type stuff. No lasting injuries to either side, but his Krox got a level :)

Thanks for the game Meatloaf, may your skinks be fast and dodgey.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Obscure Node
    Good game boots, I feel we both stayed classy in the face of a deluge of failed passing. The Pass skill and AG 4 mean nothing, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    Good game boots, I feel we both stayed classy in the face of a deluge of failed passing. The Pass skill and AG 4 mean nothing, apparently.
    Yes, I felt we stayed true to our aims and continued to attempt passes, even though the first six were all fumbled or inaccurate even with re-rolls. And it so nearly worked for you with that long bomb in turn 15!

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Meatloaf and I just finished our Day 2 game, 4-0 to Clone High. Unfortunately Meat was still learning some of the mechanics and how to play type stuff. No lasting injuries to either side, but his Krox got a level :)

Thanks for the game Meatloaf, may your skinks be fast and dodgey.
    ...and naturally one of you will be entering the score into the SpreadSheet so I don't have to use the chemical castration kit which GroovyChainsaw handily and mysteriously left in a drawer of his (oh so comfortable) Dictator's Throne...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Standards have really slipped if we're using a chemical castration kit these days...