View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 131 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo310 View Post
    Hi! I'd like to join the league (I actually signed up for the forums specifically to play). I'd probably play an orc team if that's ok.
    You've just missed the start of a season, not to worry though - we should be done within a month. I see you've entered your details on the sheet - so you're off to a good start. Running an Orc team should be OK, except SirBlood has chosen Skaven which are currently full, therefore he will probably need to change his choice and he may choose Orc, since he signed up before you he'd bump you from the last Orc spot.

In the meantime I'd recommend trying to get a friendly game in (the RPS Challenge League comes highly recommended) to ensure your system is working properly and get an idea of how real mans play Blood Bowl (assuming you've never played before...)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Obscure Node
    Helio and I tried to get a game going tonight, but it appears that there aren't any teams in Division F (i.e. no teams appear under the "Teams" tab)... Has it been set up correctly? Is there something messed up on my end?

Any help would be appreciated.

-WTF

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The calander says "pre season" Jolima you suck!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Just ground out a 2-1 against Niea7/Under7's Necromantic team. Cost me a MNG, but I got to [strike]prance[/strike] dodge a lot. Highlights for me include the Necromantic team's incredible luck when it came to facing sidestep and wrestle actually being useful in general. Kept forgetting to double check whether not wrestling would cause my opponent a turn over, though.
    Felt like incredibly bad luck to me - BB manager gives Nullk 16 and 24 on D6/2D6 to my -10 and 1 respectively. That sidestep rat especially was always in the wrong place, most notably when I completely messed up a rather nice crowd surf opportunity. Game's probably summed up by the fact that I never caused an injury other than 1 crowd surf, despite rolling 109 block dice (I broke armor 36% of the time to the DElfs 52%).

Outpunched by elfs. AGAIN. I feel so much shame right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I presumed someone had started E and F when I was away from my PC the other day and asked for 'anyone' to sort it. But as nothing happened :-D, I've just sorted F now.

We're still missing a player from 'E'. I think SirBlood should be in there, but at this point, I'll take anyone who applies to get it going, so there's a chance for you Pseudo310 to get in there. Failing that, if someone wants to play a filler team.... I'll finish it up this evening, assuming we've had an application. And then we should all be started. Sorry bout this Helio, I should have checked that everything was organised there, I apologise for you not getting your first game sorted (after your troubles getting hold of your opponent initially!)...

Week 1 ends 5th January chaps, so plenty of time to get that first game in!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The calander says "pre season" Jolima you suck!
    Wait-what-me? :(

Ok, maybe I could have answered to groovy's call for 'anyone'. I guess I do suck. :(

(No offence taken, but that seemed kind of random.)

Your name is on my league in game. Groovey sucks too :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Probably because you don't appear to have entered the result in the spreadsheet :p
    THAT WAS HUTTON'S JOB!*
    I did the write-up!

I have now sacked Roy of the Reavers for the twin crimes of being genuinely terrible against Alistair Hutton and not rolling a double for his first skillup. Good riddance Roy, you reroll-eating, Wild-animal-roll-failing, waste of 170K in inducements.

*(to be fair I am not 100%, or indeed any percent, sure that Alistair knew that it was his job)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 23-12-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Also, seriously folks, if you are trying to apply to Division E (and please do so, so we can get the whole season started for everyone) remember to go right into "view league" and then apply. Applying from the league finder screen does not work, because Cyanide.

Also the password is "chainsawed". Go to it, Sirblood and Pseudo310, and may the quickest application-getter-inner win!

...and then post here so we know we can start the season!
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Are we allowed star players? That vampire would add some much missed, brain power.

if the difference in Team Values (tv) is great enough then you will be able to afford star players with your incentive money, however be aware that *not all the ones from the rules are present*
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Are we allowed star players? That vampire would add some much missed, brain power.
    And sometimes star players are not a helpful as you would like them to be!
    Where you can find some of my mischief: http://karandraz.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    THAT WAS HUTTON'S JOB!*
    I did the write-up!

I have now sacked Roy of the Reavers for the twin crimes of being genuinely terrible against Alistair Hutton and not rolling a double for his first skillup. Good riddance Roy, you reroll-eating, Wild-animal-roll-failing, waste of 170K in inducements.

*(to be fair I am not 100%, or indeed any percent, sure that Alistair knew that it was his job)
    That was totally my job, Sorry.

Not as sorry as your Minotaur obviously. On the dole, doing nothing. Which is pretty much indistinguishable from his performance in the game!111!1!

Activated Node
    I'm stranded at my family's until Monday but I will complete the process then! Also I am familiar with Blood Bowl and league play so I think I'll be ok. Just let me know about the orcs. I might go for Humans or Khemri if they're not open.

That last slot in DivE is still free, first come, first served (although Sirblood will need to reroll to something other than Skaven, or DElf, or Lizzies - sorry mate but they are all full up already!)
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Interested bystanders, note that Blood Bowl is like £6 today on Steam. Is decent price.

Merry christmas to all and a vicious new year!
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Activated Node
    I've applied as an orc team to DivE. Let me know if you need me to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo310 View Post
    I've applied as an orc team to DivE. Let me know if you need me to change that.
    I accepted the team and started Division E.