View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 165 of 415 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 8290
    The Phantom Menace (Nec) (Rakysh) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khe) (JayTee)

1 - 2

So Wednesday's game was going well for Rakysh, at Turn 9 he was 1-0 up I'd suffered a death (Trash Skeleton I bought after the last game), a career ending -1str to a Thro-Ra, and in my view he was about to force the ball forward again and nab another TD. But BloodBowl is a shoddy program sometimes and decided to crash and then fail to reconnect.

Rematch tonight and the scoreline hides the tense nature of the game, especially in the first half.

A ~700TV difference gives the Menace a Babe, Igor, Guapo The Rapid, and Ramtut III.

The Comics fail the toss again (I think that's 4 times in a row now?) and the Menace elect to receive, with a kick-off event once again of cheering fans netting the Comics another re-roll. In a stroke of luck the Comic's kick ends up almost in the far back corner. The Menace move up a Wight and a Wolf for a crowd-surf on a Blitz-Ra, and promptly roll BD-AD, re-rolled to BD-BD and they take the Turnover. The Comics "rush", as much as Khemri can rush, players up towards the ball, KO a Wight and shuffle a few players around.

The Wolf reattempts the crowd-surf, and 2 1D blocks are enough to force him off the pitch to Stunned and Ramtut promptly KOs a TG. The Comics shove some undead around, but a 1D block knocks down a Blitz-Ra and frees a Wolf up on the Menace's right flank. The Ghoul ball carrier runs up, perfectly launches the ball to the Wolf who burns a re-roll to catch it and runs down towards the TD line. A turnover comes from a failed GFI from a Wolf, and while the comics land a Blitz on the ball carrier Push re-rolled to Push does naff-all and the Menace manage to knock over the marker in the next turn. The Comics fail a GFI in trying to get a block on the carrier and the Menace walk in their TD.

The Comics receive, getting another re-roll and another excellent kick puts the ball in the far right corner giving the Comics 4 turns to move the ball virtually the entire pitch length. A Blitz KOs the same Wight again and in a shock turn of events the Comics actually pick up the ball. The Menace shift their heavy hitter down towards the carrier, knocking over the defenders and the Comics scramble to shift sides of the pitch managing a reform the cage in the middle of the pitch with the scary looking Wolves and Ramtut close by.

Ramtut however fumbles his Break Tackle and the Menace conceed a Turnover. Some bashing from the Comics frees up the carrier who shambles down their right flank but a quick calculation reveals a lot of GFIs is needed to score. The Comics mark up the fast movers on the Menace team and pray for some luck with their somewhat exposed carrier. The Menace Blitz and KO a Blitz-Ra, freeing up their Wolves and get one in contact with the carrier, but the second fails his GFI. With one turn to score the Comics Blitz free their carrier and succeed on their GFI rolls to run in the equaliser.

Second half starts with the KOed Wight remaining asleep, a KOed Blitz-Ra sleeping, and the KOed TG wakes up to rejoin the LoS. The Comics receive to a High Kick, but the ball bounces off the asleep TG it landed in anyway but the ball ends up close to the halfway line. A Thro-Ra just succeeds on the pickup and the Comics cage up on their left hand side, KOing a zombie on the LoS to boot. The Menace stun a blocking skeleton, Ramtut Break Tackle-s into contact with the carrier and the cage receives some markers.

The Comics knock free some support and manage to KO Ramtut removing the biggest threat to their cage on the pitch. The cage reforms near the halfway line and a Blitzing Wolf burns a re-roll only to roll up a skull. The Comics take their time, choosing to bash and move more support towards the cage rather than risk leaving the carrier too exposed. The Menace Blitz a Wolf into contact with the carrier and end their turn with the cage under some pressure.

A Blitz from a TG KOs a skeleton and frees up the carrier, the Comics mark up the Wolves and leave them with a lot of dodging to get in range of the carrier who scoots forward with some support. The Menace knock over some marking TGs and move a Wolf into contact with the carrier, but in return a Blitz from the Comics stuns the Wolf and leaves the carrier to move up towards the endzone well protected. A Wolf attempts to squeeze through past a skeleton but fails his dodge roll leaving the carrier safe from any attack in the next turn.

The Comics however notice the ball is on the wrong Thro-Ra (Both have been sitting at 15 SPPs for 3 games now...) and handoff the ball, burning a re-roll to do what many teams consider trivial. A stupid, greedy, Block results in a Turnover butwith their fast movers stunned, knocked over, or just well marked the Menace are unable to harass the new carrier. Of course the Menace promptly roll up double skulls and hand the TD to the Comics leaving 2 turns on the clock for the Menace to equalise.

All but one of the KOed players (A trash Zombie) wake up and the scary Ramtut III is back on the field. Kick-off is another High Kick but the Wolf fails the catch, but places the ball next to the halfway line making an equalise entirely possible.

But sadly the Ghoul fails the pickup and effectively hands the game to the Comics. The last turn for both teams sees some bashing for SPPs, but nothing appears on either team and the game ends with a whimper.

The first half was probably one of the most intense games of Bloodbowl I've played, with both teams nearly stopping the TDs and somehow I managed to succeed on every single GFI I needed to just squeak the ball into the endzone. The second half went rapidly downhill for Rakysh, as soon as Ramtut was KOed I could largely ride the STR and Block difference in bashing and it showed with it ending up a 7v10 match for the final stretch giving me plenty of space to mark players and walk the TD in.

Really I should have delayed an extra turn and left the result in no doubt barring a Riot turning back the clock, but meh. MVP landed on the TG who did naff-all, except kick badly and it unfortunately landed on a Zombie for Rakysh.

3 more players levelled for me, both Thro-Ras are now level 3 and my last TG hit level 2. We'll see how they roll and I'm obviously hoping for my third double on my TGs to give me 3 of them with Block :)

I also expected to score more after a good start.

Within the first 2 turns Nuffle blessed the rats by injuring one DElf Blitzer, KO-ing another 2 (lineelfs?) and Crowdsurfing the scary WitchElf - however the crowd was obviously full of Halfings since despite managing to CS 3 of your players, they only ever ended up with stuns. I then postponed scoring the TD as long as I could trying to inflict more injuries or KOs, I have never done so many fouls! Nothing came of my dirty play though throughout the whole match, save one sent off rat.

Considering how one-sided the first half had been, I was disappointed to start the second with fewer rats on the field than DElfs. alh_p sensibly took the easy score to even it at 1-1 and then I managed to whittle his team down again before dodging a Gutter Runner free and completing a long pass to go up 2-1. The last drive was an uphill struggle for alh_p with my rats managing to apply constant pressure and even pop the ball loose, which the DElfs recovered without too much trouble when a pass to safety went awry. Running short of time and options left his only chance as a risky pass down the line which luckily failed leaving the clock to run out.

I definitely had the dice on my side (makes a nice change!) but never felt in control due to an inability to keep the DElfs off the pitch, I was able to knock them down, but not KO or injure them consistently. Another level on my MB StormVermin got him Guard.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Ohhhh, I was very confused for a while with Grab not working on my Tomb Guardian. I failed to realise it's only on a Block action, not a Blitz action, that you get to pick where the player ends up. Duhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Ohhhh, I was very confused for a while with Grab not working on my Tomb Guardian. I failed to realise it's only on a Block action, not a Blitz action, that you get to pick where the player ends up. Duhhh.
    Yes, but it still cancels side step on a blitz (and block).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Ah, that explains it. All credit to JayTee, he was an excellent opponent with a really well built team. The 700 TV difference meant I got to try out some interesting stuff. Ramtut III is terrifying, with 6 strength, wrestle, break tackle and only loner as a negative. We look forward to our next match.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Division 2

Red Skull Reavers (President Weasel) 0-0 Read in Tooth and Claw (NieA7)

We have agreed never to talk of this match again.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 11-02-2012 at 06:34 PM.

what match?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Couple of outstanding games (including my own! Set for early start tomorrow!) in the divisions, I'll be logging on to default these tomorrow night unless I hear some good excuses...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Division 5 - Bishi Bashi Speshal vs The Rakish Rodents

A vicious game, with the skaven putting up a fierce resistance to the orcs aggression.

BBS initially fumbled their offence, but some extremely bad luck for the Skaven allowed the orcs to recover the ball and score. However the winds of fate swiftly changed, with the rodents managing a skillful equalizing touchdown, followed by a near-death experience by one orc blitzer.

In the second half the rodents spent no time to pull ahead, but leaving a worrying amount of time for the orcs to make their offence. Despite the best attempts by the skaven to bog down the orc forces, attrition took its toll, and the rodents soon saw their numbers dwindling.

Maybe spurred on by this, the rodent's rat ogre unleashed a savage blow on another orc blitzer, leaving the orc mortally wounded, with the apothecary unable to offer any assistance. With only a few skaven left to hold their lines, the orcs pushed through, scoring an equalizing touchdown on the final turn of the game.

Final score 2 -2.

Obscure Node
    Division E - The Gridiron Maidens vs. Insert Witty Team Name Here

A game that will be looked upon in the annals of Blood Bowl history with heartbreak or relief, depending on the perspective.

The first half began with the expected Amazonian cage tactics. After some slow slogging through the Skaven defense, the Amazons made it into enemy territory. Due to frustration at the inaction, the crowd riled up one of the Skaven blockers to stomp on a downed Amazon. The inevitable ejection and call to the Apothecary resulted in a Badly Hurt Amazon and a missing Skaven for the match. Several more attempts were made to bust the cage, including a few caused fumbles, but the Amazons had quick hands to retain possession. In one last ditch attempt before halftime, an Amazon made a dash for the end zone, but tripped over a rat tail.

The second half proved to be much more exciting than the first. The Skaven returned the kick and drew the Amazon defenders in, creating a massive gap down the right sideline. The Skaven took advantage and made a perfect pass to the waiting gutter runner who ran the length of the field and danced along the end line for a turn to put the Skaven up 1-0. With only a few turns remaining, the Amazons needed to be extremely aggressive. They outnumbered the Skaven 10-9 after the Skaven kickoff and tried to find an opening in the defense. After a slight push up the right side, the Amazons switched fields with 2 turns remaining in a desperate attempt to score. A few broken necks on the Skaven side further reduced their numbers as they scrambled to cover the field.

It came down to turn 16 heroics/luck. The Amazons needed to push two Skaven out of the way, complete a hand off, and succeed in going for it... without any re-rolls. By some blessing of Nuffle, the Amazons succeeded and tied the score as time expired.

Final Score 1-1

Great match ntw! There were a number of rolls that definitely swung my way and I am not looking forward to when the luck swings back.

Obscure Node
    Division 7 - Ulf's Marauders (Chaos) vs. The Longitudinal Life (Elves)

Both teams were fresh off a win, and eager to take each other on in fierce competition. They met on the pitch and The Marauder's won the coin toss and opted to kick to the Elf team.

A sharp onside kick from one of the Marauder's Beastmen left the ball sitting not far from the Line of Scrimmage. The Longitudinals were quick to scoop up the ball and form a loose cage while maneuvering a few players down field in hopes of turning this into an easy scoring opportunity.

Ulf's Marauder's response was as quick as it was savage. Starting off with Chaos Warrior Ulf the Forgotten ripping down the line of scrimmage and killing a line elf as his first action of the game. A combined onslaught of beastmen and chaos warriors tore the Longitudinal's cage to pieces. The Longitudinals realizing that they were not going to last long in a slugging match attempted a pass to one of their down field receivers. Perhaps it was the wind, perhaps it was the terror that must have been gripping the Longitudinal's ball handler after seeing his friend crushed by a gigantic chaos warrior but the pass was off its mark and left the ball sitting near one of the Marauder's beastmen who scooped it up. The Marauders then caged up themselves and began an inexorable drive down the field.

The elves harried them the whole way and slowly caused the cage to dwindle in size, but it was not enough and eventually the Marauders were able to score bringing the score to 1-0 with two turns left in the second half. The Marauder's kicked this time quite a bit deeper into the Longitudinal's half and they were able to pick up the ball far enough away from the line of scrimmage that they could get a breath and strategize on their next move. What happened next was a play of legendary proportions. The Longitudinal's managed to pass the Marauder's line as if it was made of paper, dodging and weaving their way down field and opening up numerous receivers for the pass. Despite a bit of trouble down field for the some of the receivers the Maruder's couldn't cover enough elves and a deep pass with seconds left on the clock found its mark and screamed home to a Longitudinal blitzer who cockily decided to throw a hit at the lone beastman standing in his way and push himself to the absolute limit in order to score on Turn 8 of the first half. Bringing the score to 1-1 at halftime.

The second half commenced with the Marauders picking up the ball early and moving into their usual cage position, while their chaos warriors worked to open up the center of the line and make a hole for the ball carrier. What followed was not the same smashing success they'd had in their first run down the field. Instead what ensued was pure madness as a melee that would encompass the entire second half broke out. The ball never made it much beyond the line of scrimmage as Elves, Beastmen and Chaos Warrior alike fought and scrambled to get the ball into their hands. Any time the ball would move in one direction or another it would inevitably find its way knocked loose and returned to the center of the pitch. Neither team could gain the upper hand in the ensuing brawl and the Longitudinals gave as good as they got. Notably their blitzers were almost invincible weathering blow after blow by the Marauder's chaos warriors and simply stepping aside as their hair blew gently in the breeze. Despite both team's best efforts the ball would remain contested for the entirety of the second half and the game ended in a draw 1-1.

This was a really fun game. My thanks to Ritashi for being a really fun and challenging opponent. I cannot emphasize enough what a thing of beauty that last minute score by him was in Turn 8. It involved a rather long pass, a risky blitz by his ball carrier with no re-rolls left and a going for it roll to drive it home. It was definitely a well earned score. The second half was pure madness but a lot of fun. I think the ball must have changed hands between us nearly every turn that half at least once. His blitzers were infuriating in their ability to just shrug as my chaos warriors and beastmen desperately tried to knock them down and failed consistently. They tied up a good majority of my defenders just between the two of them simply by refusing to fall over and Ritashi's smart use of their sidestep ability. Definitely one of the most fun games I've played lately. Looking forward to my next one, but not so much to the Elvish Blitzers that are sure to be on the field again, seeing as I'm playing Pro Elves for my next game as well.
    Last edited by jlahnum; 12-02-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Me and snoozer just played our first game of the season, my humans up against his dwarves (urgh). I'm 120TV up, so snoozer gets a bribe to keep his deathroller going (urgh). I win the toss, choose to receive (whilst i still having breathing players) and get to work.

I work a couple of gaps with my linemen, keep away from the detharoller and sprint 2 catchers through, closely helped by either a blitzer or a block lineman on each side. The ball goes off pitch and so my thrower has it in his hands, and cages up midway into my half. Snoozer tries to mark up players, particularly my catchers (with a tackle/diving tackle guy - urgh) who take up 4 dwarves. No-one approaches my cage, apart from the deathroller, who break tackles away to approach. I push my cage onto the half way line, as snoozer's forces are split, heading right where only one dwarf is free so far, and getting away from the deathroller. My line punches the dwarves effectively, and good old galactus (the ogre) causes an early dwarf casualty, a troll slayer going down to badly hurt. My catchers upfield, surrounded by 5 players, try to work free, but to little avail.

Snoozer comes back at me, trying to approach the cage, having good success with knocking my catchers down but unwilling to leave them unmarked. The deathroller comes close to the cage, and one corner of the cage is attacked. My turn, I run the free elements of the cage up the right, stand everyone else up, then attack the linemen again, meeting moderate success and protecting the cage reasonably well. Snoozer hits back, knocking down my linemen and catchers very well, leaving a few 2 turn stuns down. The deathroller takes out a lineman badly hurt. Back to me, i think about stalling, but decide against it, open the path for the thrower and run it in, one go for it succeeds to score. 1-0.

Snoozer uses his bribe to keep the deathroller on (boo). At least I won't see it for the second half. I set up a standard 3 on the line and 4 columns behind, keeping off the sides so the remaining troll slayer doesn't get ideas about frenzying people off. The kick goes deep, snoozer uses his troll slayer to attack my left. The ball is recovered. I try to hold the line for a couple of turns. I receive a KO for my troubles, but I'm holding reasonably well. Snoozer egts the ball to half way, I start to tie it up a bit, runs through a gap through my line and gets one dwarf through to help. Unfortunately, his trollslayer fails a one dice on my blodging blitzer, 2 players get on the ball carrier and I make the hit, even collecting the ball afterwards with another blitzer. Unfortunately for me, snoozer gets the one dice right back at me, knocking me down but the ball rolls into the hands of my catcher, turn 7. All i need to do is dodge away to secure the half... but tackle/diving tackle moves up to mark me. Urgh. I try on turn 8 to hit hit with my ogre, but double both down and a loner means my catcher is exposed... Snoozer takes him down, but the ball lands favourably for me, next to my blodger. Snoozer goes for the hit, but gets a push, which makes life very tricky. He clears the other blitzer away, then blitzes my original one, but fails the pickup, ending the half (phew!).

Second half, a rock is thrown at kickoff. It must have been a pretty big rock, as one of snoozer's better linemen goes off with a fractured leg (apo'd to badly hurt). which is pretty crappy. snoozer's down to 9 men whilst im still on 11. Again he tries to push down my left, I attack back, killing his troll slayer (!). His attack starts to break down, his three linemen are getting attacked by the ogre and the rest of my team push upfield to attack the cage. But its not over yet. Snoozer breaks to my left with his str4 runner, creating a cage on the side. I shift my defence across (thanks to that MA advantage I've got!). Snoozer stands up his player left in my half, then passes (!) to him which goes very smoothly. One dwarf comes down to help, but I've got players free and knock the ball free. Cue a couple of turns of the ball being caught, but then knocked out as we shuffle players around. I've kept a few upfield and we're exchanging one dice blocks (fairly successfully). I manage to break out turn 15, make a go for it to leave myself with one goforit to score. Snoozer gets 2 players on my thrower again for turn 16, but I knock the diving tackle on away, make the dodge and goforit to score. final score, 2-0 to the 4 color villains.

Really good game, very close, and with good scoring opportunities for both players. Snoozer was pretty unlucky not to score in the first half, and very unlucky with the injuries, 4 down in the end, one by the crowd and 3 by me (2 troll slayers brought low by mighty blow). I received 2, one apothecaried. The deathroller made my life hard in the first half, but in the second, I had a noticeable strength advantage, with a good amount of guard and my ogre. Being on 9 players at the start of the second half made it near-impossible for snoozer to cover the pitch and I was able to squeeze the game out of him. BBManager is refusing to co-operate so I don't know exactly how lucky I was, it certainly felt like I had the better dice, I didn't need to use many rerolls and most of my options worked. I don't think I tried anything too unlikely to work, ubt I always like to see how much was my thinking and how much was just flukey dice :-). I continue to be thankful for the abundance of mighty blow in my team given the number of bashers I encounter. One blitzer got his second level, so I now have 2 tackle mighty blow blitzers, just in time to face Phil's skinks :-)

Ok chaps, all divisions completed day 1 and moved on, any other game in there validated. Combat, you defaulted your game against Karandraz as you were a no-show, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
    Division E - The Gridiron Maidens vs. Insert Witty Team Name Here

A game that will be looked upon in the annals of Blood Bowl history with heartbreak or relief, depending on the perspective.

The first half began with the expected Amazonian cage tactics. After some slow slogging through the Skaven defense, the Amazons made it into enemy territory. Due to frustration at the inaction, the crowd riled up one of the Skaven blockers to stomp on a downed Amazon. The inevitable ejection and call to the Apothecary resulted in a Badly Hurt Amazon and a missing Skaven for the match. Several more attempts were made to bust the cage, including a few caused fumbles, but the Amazons had quick hands to retain possession. In one last ditch attempt before halftime, an Amazon made a dash for the end zone, but tripped over a rat tail.

The second half proved to be much more exciting than the first. The Skaven returned the kick and drew the Amazon defenders in, creating a massive gap down the right sideline. The Skaven took advantage and made a perfect pass to the waiting gutter runner who ran the length of the field and danced along the end line for a turn to put the Skaven up 1-0. With only a few turns remaining, the Amazons needed to be extremely aggressive. They outnumbered the Skaven 10-9 after the Skaven kickoff and tried to find an opening in the defense. After a slight push up the right side, the Amazons switched fields with 2 turns remaining in a desperate attempt to score. A few broken necks on the Skaven side further reduced their numbers as they scrambled to cover the field.

It came down to turn 16 heroics/luck. The Amazons needed to push two Skaven out of the way, complete a hand off, and succeed in going for it... without any re-rolls. By some blessing of Nuffle, the Amazons succeeded and tied the score as time expired.

Final Score 1-1

Great match ntw! There were a number of rolls that definitely swung my way and I am not looking forward to when the luck swings back.
    Going into the match with an extra substitute, I was looking to use my MB StormVermin and some tactical fouling to maintain a numbers advantage. Unfortunately it seems I neglected to mention the plan to the StormVermin, or in fact, the rest of the team. Throughout the match the Mighty Blow was completely ineffectual against the Amazon's highly protective chainmail bikinis (AV7), and it took the rats about 6 fouls and one sending off to force an injury - which was then Apo-ed to BH (and therefore the damn 'zon was back in play next drive). Even 2-3 Crowdsurfs resulted in nothing more severe than a stun - we must've been playing in front of a crowd of Snotling and Halfling spectators.

However the little furry chaps played excellently for me throughout the first half, even managing to apply pressure to the aberration of a ST4 Thrower and forcing a failed handoff (which luckily bounced into the target 'zon's hands) and a dropped ball from a sack (which luckily bounced into a nearby 'zons waiting hands). Nonetheless we forced the dirty, pretty things to try for a desperate dodging play to score before the half ran out, which failed.

Second half and the 'zons kicked to right behind the scrimmage line, playing perfectly into the rats hands (/paws?) and allowing them to sucker the 'zons in to committing too heavily (any rumours that it instead forced a panicked and failed throw backwards are completely unfounded). Gridiron Maidens charged the backfield, which opened up just the space required for a risky "pickup, throw and sprint towards the endzone" combo from the Gutter Runners. The 'zons quickly fell back and forced the noble rats to score shortly after, leaving far too much time remaining on the clock. Clearly by this stage, the chainmail bikinis had proven their superior defensive properties and the noble rats were only able to field 9 against the filthy harlot's 10, they tried to delay the inevitable and so very, very nearly succeeded - requiring a difficult and complicated final play from the 'zons to score. Nuffle's favour was clearly bought by the acres of nubile and supple flesh on display, and the 'zons made the necessary rolls to trot the ball across the line in the dying seconds of the game.

A slow and hard fought first half and a tense and exciting second half. Cracking match, cheers WTF.
    Last edited by ntw; 12-02-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Dandy-Lions (Deeky) vs Beasts of Bembridge (Janek)

The mood in the camp was jubilant after drawing the first game of the season. Utter defeat had seemed likely, so this was a good solid start. The management gathered in the tactics tent (next to the watermelon stand) to discuss the upcoming match against the Beasts of Bembridge. A plan was formed. The Beasts would likely want to get in close and tie up our players with their rotting tentacles and hideous visages. Given the Lions' fondness for aesthetics, this was not going to be a team they wanted to get face to face with. The plan would be simple, keep our distance, wait for the right moment, and punch through. It seemed all too easy. The coaches machinations were interrupted by the smell of something putrid...

As so the best laid plans... were smashed to bits. Although the Elves won the toss, by the time the whistle blew for the end of the half the team were one down. Several moments of panic in the face of the enemies corrupted fury had left the team making too many risky plays and too many errors. There was a touch of bad luck as our Blizter missed a vital catch in the opponents end-zone, the ball passing among the crowd until it landed, crushingly, back in the Lions half. With most of our players too far up the pitch is was too easy for the Beasts to pick it up and carry it triumphantly over the line. 0-1

Tired, wounded and pride-dented, the Lions took to the pitch for the second half understaffed and on the defence, neither of which were ideal conditions to be facing. The Beasts weren't having much luck with the ball themselves, fumbling a number of times on their drives, but their numbers were too many and too powerful for the Elven defence to mount much of a challenge. As time wore down, so did player numbers, until it was only a brave few who were left to try and protect against a more humiliating defeat. Their efforts paid off, and the clock ran down with the score remaining at 0-1. A good win for the Beasts, and a humbling mess of a game for the Dandy-Lions to try to forget about.

Final Score 0-1 to the Beasts Of Bembridge.

Some rotten luck and also some pretty bad planning plagued my game. Janek didn't get the best luck himself, it was a pretty sloppy game in terms of ball-play, but he kept his formation whereas my guys were all over the place, and once my numbers were thinning out, there was little chance of making a comeback. Luckily no deaths, but one linesman is missing the next game. Well played Janek!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    So my computer crashed big time, and I had to get myself a new one.

Imagine my surprise when I was busy reinstalling things, that I found out that my downloadlink from Blood Bowl LE had expired after only 21 days. That's been a while ago.

However, their customer service got back to me first thing Monday morning, and I am now reinstalling the just newly downloaded Blood Bowl LE and will be able to arrange matches again soon. If someone can tell me my password... Ugh! I hate reinstalls.

But with any luck, I'll get a new random seed to abuse. Those last matches did not exactly proceed according to plan.

/Edit: No really... how do I find out my old password? I tried all of the ones I expected to work. :/ And retrieving account information doesn't appear to do anything. :/
    Last edited by Vexing Vision; 14-02-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    /Edit: No really... how do I find out my old password? I tried all of the ones I expected to work. :/ And retrieving account information doesn't appear to do anything. :/
    Have you searched the official forums? This thread may or may not help you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Good gods. Let me finally join the "Cyanide sucks"-horde.

/Update:

Oh THAT is helpful. I requested my account details (for my password). I got an automated email sent to my email address confirming my account name linked to my email.
    Last edited by Vexing Vision; 14-02-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

This is where I realise I have no idea what I set my password to be for Cyanide.

Can you change it once you are logged in? If so, log in, change it to something and write it down. Thanks to increasingly paranoid rules to make passwords (eg You must use 10 characters, with one special character, one caps and one number, as I came across the other day...), I find myself writing more and more down these days. Still, means I can use complex passwords that aren't easily hacked, but are vulnerable to burglars...

/Edit, this is a reply to Jim, as unfortunately it doesn't help VV's situation. Why do we have these problems? Because Cyanide.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 14-02-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity and to make my advice look more useful/to have a dig at cyanide, who I like really. Honest :-)