View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 166 of 415 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 8290
    Hey Gorm sorry I missed you on steam, I've been away for a couple days so just got your message.

Hope things went (will go?) well vs the dwarves. It depends what team you're playing, but I'd try and stay out of base contact so they only get their 1 blitz per turn blocking, then try and use your (presumable) speed advantage to keep the ball away from them.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Network Hub
    DIVISION 6: KAJERS (Necro, me) - IN NUFFLE WE TRUST (Goblin, DarkWeeble)

This is the match of the newcomers, both teams do not have a single levelupped player, but instead someone got killed in the past match.

I start the match with a TV of 890 (Werewolf killed), while DarkWeeble managed to buy some players before the start, bringing him to a total of 990 TV with 12 players; with the inducements, I bought a mercenary zombie to tie his players.

The match starts and DW field 2 of his 3 secret weapons: a ball and chain and a chainsaw.
    My Wight catches the ball, and in 2 turns i see an opening in the center thanks to a double Both Down-Attacker Down of his Troll: bad choice, since DW manages to catch up and KO my Werewolf and knock down the ball carrier.
    His pogo catch the ball and run down the opposite side, and he cages him with goblins by turn 5.

The following turns were "do-or-die" situations: First i try to defend that side, and try to blitz him with a ghoul with 2 go for it and a dodge; i succeed and pick up the ball; next turn DW dodges 3 times to gang up on my ghoul, but fails his blocking roll.
    Open run for my ghoul that scores on turn 7. 1-0

I started with less TV, so he hadn't any bribes for his chainsaw (was knocked down in the previous drive btw) and his Ball&Chain (which have only threw a block once in 7 turns).

His Bombardier must enter play, throwing a bomb to a zombie; he catches (elf past life?) but fumbles it, and got KOed.

Second time starts but the match is almost sealed: DW has only 5 players standing, against my 11.
    On top of that, i roll a Blitz! on my kick, so i can take a full turn before he even starts; Zombies, Ghouls and a Werewolf flood his half against a single pogoer: he despair, easy point, i think.
    Match resumes and the ball goes out of play! My eagerness to score allows him to give the ball to his front line Troll, while my whole defence was on the other side!

But with only 5 players 2 turns is enough to cage the troll up, knock him down, and pass the ball to a ghoul (with a zombie! they were definitely elves), which scores 2 turns later. 2-0.

The match finishes 3-0, with a zombie breaking his arm against a Troll on the last block of the match. Oh well.

The key of the match was that while we had the same amount of KO/Injury 9-9 and 2-3, he only managed to come back after a KO once on 9 times.

Nice game overall, now i just need to beat the dark elves with 500+TV :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    So while the UI and the functionality might suck lots (I knew my account name already, thanks!), the customer service is particularly helpful today.

I will be trying to be back in action. :)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I guess they have plenty of practice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Congrats on your win Kajo, sounds like an action packed match.

VV, I can't believe that Cyanide's customer service are helpful. I am genuinely astounded - it didn't even occur to me to try them!

I surely hope AgP logs in before the end of the week, I gotta play the second match!
    Btw, congrats Kajo, remember you owe me a match.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Killer match Kajo. Well done on your win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    Nice game overall, now i just need to beat the dark elves with 500+TV :D
    That would be meeee~

And the winner of our match will get promoted :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post

That would be meeee~

Meanwhile me and the goblins can kill each other.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    I surely hope AgP logs in before the end of the week, I gotta play the second match!
    Definitely worth posting in your group thread to try to arrange a match; in the event of a no-show it's the primary thing the admins will use to try to work out who made an effort to play their game and should therefore get the points.
    Also worth trying PMs on the forum, and adding him as a Steam friend and seeing if you can catch him that way. If you've already tried all these things, well done you :)

Despite the kickoffs being completely unfair (blitz when I was defending, snap when I was attacking, sunny weather after the amazon thrower was sent off) and an ungodly amount of punching by the 'zons:

DIV A: Supernumaries (Nullkigan, DElf) 3 - 2 (Vexing Vision, Ama) Seaside Sirens
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Can't find his forum name, invited him on steam but didn't accept the invite and mailed him ingame :c
    Gotta try the division group though, forgot about that. Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Despite the kickoffs being completely unfair (blitz when I was defending, snap when I was attacking, sunny weather after the amazon thrower was sent off) and an ungodly amount of punching by the 'zons:

DIV A: Supernumaries (Nullkigan, DElf) 3 - 2 (Vexing Vision, Ama) Seaside Sirens
    I was playing very aggressive, figuring the lack of tackle and lack of major block or dodge skills would give me the advantage I need to punch the Elves. And I was right, mostly, punching was happening... but the darkies just refused to stay down while being mostly unable to retaliate. There were some KOs who all jumped back into action a few turns later, and a single BH despite my liberal application of force.

The first two Numaries' touchdowns were both two-turners I was unable to stop, mostly in thanks to the AGI 5 dodging dark-elf running literal circles around my girls. In return, the Numaries didn't have the punching power to really threaten my advances or stop me from simply pushing any blocking attempts away in a timely fashion.

The Blitz actually worked against me, because I foolishly overcommitted to the wrong side in an attempt to rush the ball, and was unable to stop the obvious result of my clear tactical mistake.

A 2-2 would have been relatively unchallenged, but with both teams out of rerolls and the superiour skills of my Amazons, I was calculating a reasonably high chance to score a 3rd touchdown in three turns involving stealing the elves' ball. However, that did not quite work out as planned.

Ah well. A level-up I was hoping for and I have my Kicker back with me next match, so all is good.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post

That would be meeee~

What? Promoted? I was thinking that the prize for the first was a demotion :(

Finally managed to buy an Ogre! Blighty's Blighters would proudly like to annouce the addition of Crash Huge, affectionately known to fans in the Ogre Kingdoms as 'Crash Huge', imagination not being much of an Ogre trait.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Anyway, my championship-defining struggle with Jolima's vamps didn't go particularly well. I punched some thralls but watched his guys pull off magnificent play after magnificent play to go 2-0 up at half time (and that was with me receiving). Then my router just decided now was a good time to pack it all in and I disconnected. With 8 turns to play I suppose a draw wasn't absolutely impossible but it seemed a bit unfair to make Jolima do what he'd just done again and we just verified the score from when I'd dropped. 2-0 to the Vamps, got to win my last game to stay in the division. Again.

Network Hub
    My match against Kajo was a truly horrible thing to behold. First half went really well but the little green cowards just would not get out of "KO". I'll have something written up sooner or later, I think. I've been a bit busy this week.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Altdorf Army 1 - 1 Dead Can-Can

Dragon joins Smaug81 in the list of players who absolutely decimate me for 12 turns of the game only for me to pull off an utterly improbable multi turn move for the tie.

The game started with Can Can catching the ball on the line of scrimmage with a zombie and then (reinforced by Ramses) KOing my Ogre and associated lineman. This pretty much set the tone for the first half. Player after player wilted in front of the onslaught. Even conservative positioning by to only allow the blitz for Can Can still saw the single victim go to the injury box. Then Can Can left a weak corner to his cage and the heavily depleted humans decided to risk it but first a troubling mummy needed to be dealt with a single dice block. Only a skull-reroll-skull would stop the hu...

Oh, skull-reroll-skull.

The Humans engaged in some suicidal harrying play but couldn't summon up the miracle to stop the TD.

With 2 layers in the Injury box and 4 players staying in sleepey ville the hum team set up for a ridiculously improbable 1turn TD attempt. However idiotically ending the move of the blitzer to stop him getting round the other side put the kebosh on that plan.

Into the second half and the Army, down to ten men, was preparing Emergency Tactic 22B which involved the Hail Mary thrower, the plan was to run the majority of the team down field and force Dragon to choose between the ball or roughly where the ball was going to be. This plan was immediately thrown out the window when the kick went short and left it close to the line. The AA took advantage of the open wide zones and rolled a fragile pocket down the right flank, popped the ball to the catcher and he placed himself as best as possible in the cage-ete. The Undead pounced, I had forgotten about Ramses's break tackle and he charged past the Ogre guard and laid the Catcher out. The ball went into the hands of the Sleepy headed Ogre.

Who promptly failed his bonehead attempt trying to Blitz out of trouble.

At this point the Undead, I feel, over committed to squeezing the life out of the humans around the ball, leaving a gang of human outside the pocket free to position themselves as they pleased. Over the next few turns the ball was worked around the scrum, always, always going backwards until eventually it was back in the humans half. All the time humans leaving pitch to injuries and even more KOs. at the same time, Arnuld Wulf, nicknamed "The Beast" by Wolfenswan had worked his way out of the scrum (mostly by being knocked around by a pair of Ghouls) towards the touchdown zone. Suddenly a Ghoul trying to take down the Beast ran up against his rock hard abs and fell over.

Elfball was declared.

Wulf dodged out towards the TZ placing himself dead in the middle of it. The Army's Accurate, Strong Arm thrower dodged, picked up in a tackle zone and sent a pass at maximum range towards Wulf. The throw went wild and the corwd threw it back, tantalisingly close to Wulf. The Can Cans danced down field and surrounded the ball with 5 players.

But they hadn't heard. Elfball had been declared.

Wulf ran round the edge of the Undead guards, picked up the ball from under their noses, dodged out and went for it twice to score the utterly improbable game tying touch down.

But with 3 turns to hold out and only 7 players the Army wasn't in the best position. They strung themselves out as best they could and kicked off the ball, dropping it just over the halfway line. Alas, a blitz was not rolled. the Can Cans secured the ball on the half way line, the army Blitzed a corner of the cage to put a TZ on the ball carrier. With 2 turns left The Can Cans blitzed back freeing up the Ghoul, the needed to get his Ghoul 6 squares forward to make the touchdown on the final turn. There were a number of options, a risky squeeze down the right touchline, a dash to the left with a go for it, or get Ramses to smash the sole guard down the right to make it an easy straight run.

Problem - Ramses was marked up.
    Solution - Ramses has strength 6 and break tackle.
    Problem - Double 1.

So once against the Army manage to crawl off the pitch with a frankly barely deserved 1 - 1 draw.

Commiserations to Dragon and sorry for my frankly excessive hex based trash talk.

Who am I kidding, the hex based trash talk is the best.

When Hutton declares Elfball, stand well back.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played Alinis dwarves. They beat me 2-1.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    When Hutton declares Elfball, stand well back.
    No, no. Stand really close. Mark up all my player, deposit as many tackle zones around crucial parts of the field as possible because it will make my resultant play all the more impressive. Elfball does not harm the opposition, much like whisking a tablecloth off a full set table without disturbing a piece of crockery. Elfball is like a pefectly executed magic trick that leaves the opponent wondering how I did it. (Spoiler: I roll lots of natural 6s)

When you need to stand back is when I declare Hammer Time, that's when the ball ends up in the hands of my Ogre. There's only one thing he's going to do - mostly faking a blitz forward only to hand off to a free Catcher to run in the touchdown.