View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 178 of 415 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Don't worry, VV, one of the things I have learned in my time coaching Orcs (quite badly) in the Open is that blitzers you have made specifically to kill one type of player (Amazons) turn out to be equally good at hunting down and murdering a fun and interesting variety of other players (gutter runners, skinks, human catchers, ghouls, elves of pretty much every sort...). An anti-skink blitzer I am guessing will have tackle and mighty blow, and maybe piling on for the giggles.
    Well, Xanthia Skinkslayer has Mighty Blow, Tackle, Frenzy and Juggernaut (to hunt down Fenders and Blockers). She never got her hands on a single skink, but she IS my player with the highest SPPs.

I built her to hunt down Daave's Lizardteam. And then he quit. :(

She did surprisingly excel at punching Nurglings and Chaospeople around though, much to their terminal surprise.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

I got two people's deets so far, why not give me yours too and I can sign up a division of my very own :)
    Sounds like a plan, PWeasel. Best not to delay the start of the season if there's an easy way to avoid it. I'll PM you the details and leave the rest in your capable Mustelid hands.

Banned
    Hi guys. I haven't heard from Pseudo since he first posted a week ago. I know we're in different timezones so I haven't caught him on Steam either. If someone does can you please remind him of Division D? I'm available most of the weekend so despite the time difference something should be doable :D

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I am seriously looking forward to the next Division A - a rematch against laneford's Nurglings, some Dark Elf Babes of either Duffin- or Kelron-variety and finally some skinks! I built one of my blitzers especially to hunt down skinks, which is her only purpose and the one thing she never got to do so far. She'll probably die before the match.

It's all absent Daave's fault. :(

/Addendum: Is it bad to admit that the seasons are kind of my gaming highlight each month? Thanks guys, it's an excellent group of skilled and fun players, and I dearly love the league-system.

I'm actually looking forward to restarting and building up a new team! (In two or three seasons, after my team gets inevitably destroyed as smaug's did...)

Also likely: Xanthia (sp?) will be killed by a skink

Also, yes. BB is the bee's knees of my gaming. It makes me want to play more, which unfortunately I do not have time for.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

That's pretty much what Azlop has, and Azlop has the second highest casualties in the Open behind Billy Big Balls the psychotic rat ogre from hell.
    The Gears blow their noses at your silly As-lops and Big Balled Rats... Gonzi is the Killer King of the Open:

Azlop = 1 Kill, 22 Cas
    Billy Big-Balls = 3 Kills, 25 Cas
    Gonzi = 4 Kills, 38 Cas

:p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    The Gears blow their noses at your silly As-lops and Big Balled Rats... Gonzi is the Killer King of the Open:

Azlop = 1 Kill, 22 Cas
    Billy Big-Balls = 3 Kills, 25 Cas
    Gonzi = 4 Kills, 38 Cas

:p
    Bah, he did most of his violencing in other, lesser leagues.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Well, 1 kill and 22 Cas doesn't sound that impressive after 30 games...

We never faced in the Divisions, Sir Weasel. That may be a one of the reasons why you still consider Amazons as weak. ;)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

When do we find out what Division we're in? Getting so excited to play!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Looking forward to a new season with a new Wood Elf Team :) Too many injures to the wrong players so fire the team, keep the coach and start again!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker View Post

Seconded! I know where i am, but don't know who i will be facing :D

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Hopefully by sunday morning we should have the divisions organised so people can begin applying then.
    So probably about tomorrow or Monday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    As undead I don't care who I fight.

Bashy teams give me more time to bash them, agile teams are squishy. I'd prefer not to face undead as my flow of free teammates is less likely but it's hardly a feeling of horror. :D
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Right, gone in and defaulted people's games who haven't played yet - most ended up 0-0 (as both people had made an effort in the groups), with DarkFenix missing his game again - you still alive DF? Let me know if you think you're going to struggle to play next season and I'm sure we can work something out. Likewise, Combat, you've not made any games this season, so you'll be on my 'dropped' list for now. If you post in here to ask to join us next season that's fine and we'll welcome you back into the fold! But I'm marking you up as Z for now.

We're just waiting on Duffin and Alethron to play their game to shore up the promotions/demotions at the top, I'll get to work figuring the rest out. It'll probably be more disrupted than usual due to a few dropouts/reboots. Hopefully we'll have next season's divisions sorted out and ready to apply to by tonight....

/Edit - Also, ntw and whiskytangofox, closest tiebreak we've ever had, both with a TD difference of +0 (identical results against all 3 opponents!) and ntw's cas difference being 0 (5 scored, 5 received) to wtf's 1 (6 scored, 5 received). Literally one additional CAS scored took the second place :-)
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 04-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Obscure Node
    Wow, crazy finish for Div E.... It'll be interesting to see where the teams end up next season.

It's taken all season (due to some really crappy winnings rolls) but I can finally afford an apothecary. At last, my poor squishy elves have a slightly better chance of surviving next season. *Sorely tempts Nuffle*

Woohoo, 2 bashy teams coming to Div. F! This is gonna be fun :) (Although I'd better start stocking up one halfling spares)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Oh wow, could it be? In a division with two other elfball teams?? I've never been so lucky!

...I'm going to get promoted out of Div 6 before the season starts, aren't I? :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Yum! Halflings, *sigh* krems, what's #3, need moar zombies.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

*La de da*
    I just hope not to be outbashed by halflings. That would be embarrassing.

Still haven't been placed. When are we expected to.sign up for the divisions?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com