View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 18 of 415 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by studenteternal View Post
    OK Spread sheet updated with my new details, guess I should play some SP games with these guys and see if I can figure them out. :)
    As PW says, the challenge league is a good place to go and try out new things...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Activated Node
    appreciate that :) need to get to bed today though, maybe tomorrow?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    And Division F ends in a disappointing 1-1 draw and a lot of broken bones (and one broken greenskin at least) for the Sirens, who both failed to steal KayD's league victory and gain any meaningful skills on their Blitzers.

Congrats with your Skaven!

A write-up will happen some day.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

As Vex already wrote: His Sirens and my Greens parted with a 1-1 draw. With two losses and one draw I'll competently take the 4th spot in Division F and bid you a farewell. It was a great season for a rookie like me and I hope we'll see again some day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Bollocks to it, I am bored with my Dark Elves and never achieve much with them except to grimly cling on to Division B. In the incredibly unlikely event I get promoted to A I will keep faith with the team, if not and the team restrictions are lifted I am going to reboot either to Chaos, the race I started out with and then foolishly abandoned for the lure of AG4, or to Necromantic.

Edit: or Skaven.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 29-06-2011 at 08:01 PM.

I just played Soulpride in a match that was fairly bloodless only because most of those getting injured were skeletons! His Undead suffered 7 injuries which were not regenned and maybe one or two others. Fortunately for him only one was dead again and the rest were BH.

Due to this carnage I was able to turn the ball over and score on his drive. On my drive I got within 1 GFI of scoring with a Tomb Guardian but of course that came up a 1 (after he'd got a 6 to catch the ball earlier, what a waste)! So the game ended 1 - 0 to me, spreadsheet updated and match validated. Thanks for the game Soulpride.

Thanks for the good game Chipstick. Some good luck, bad luck, good plays and bad plays from both of us saw his High Elves v my Vampires draw 1-1, both ending the season on 7 points, and both convinced the other won on goals/casualty difference!

If an admin could say who has won, it'd be much appreciated!

Obscure Node
    Yer was a nice game, I thought I had it in the bag at about turn 13 so well played to shatter my promotion dreams. Was a really good game though, wp.

edit: I worked the causalty figures out wrong, never mind. Move along, nothing to see here.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 29-06-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: events!

How's the empty Division E going to work with promotions/relegations?

who knows, or dares to dream? There's also at least two people rebooting which further muddies the waters.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Chipstick: Well your goal difference is identical, each winning one match by 2 td's, one by 1 td and drawing your match. Casualty wise you're dead even too, Chipstick inflicting 4 and sustaining 9, Boots inflicting 3 and sustaining 8.

In this situation there's not a whole lot to rule between teams, I believe we fall back on TV on the basis that the higher TV team is more prepared to deal with the next division up. Both your teams have clearly received a terrible mauling this season, but boots' Vampires are in marginally better shape to move onwards and upwards. That said, the ingame system has given Chipstick's Elves first place, so you'll get the winner's bonus to help you replace those losses along with a sideways move getting you well clear of that Nurgle team.

Edit: Ninja'd you ntw ;)
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 28-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.

TD difference + CAS difference for the season is the tie-breaker, if no-one else gets a chance to work it out I'll try and get on tomoz to have a look.

If my Nurgle team had hearts, they'd be broken after a 0-0 draw vs sinister agent the other night.
    I managed to turn the ball over in the first half but was unable to outrun the dwarves (!). Silly time-out gave the ball to my beast at the start of the second and sinister spent the half proving that dwarves know how to make really good armour, whereas Nurgle must've skipped that class at school. I think I had 3 players on the pitch at the end of the game...

Glad we managed to get the game in, I think, cheers for putting up with my grumpiness and generally being a good sport.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    ...boots' Vampires are in marginally better shape to move onwards and upwards. That said, the ingame system has given Chipstick's Elves first place...
    Really? Haven't looked in game but the in game system goes by TV as well, so I don't see how that could be different. (But since I haven't looked, I expect I've just missed something.)

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    If my Nurgle team had hearts...
    I would have expected at least a few hearts each. Trophies from their opponents if nothing else.

Chipstick: Well your goal difference is identical, each winning one match by 2 td's, one by 1 td and drawing your match. Casualty wise you're dead even too, Chipstick inflicting 4 and sustaining 9, Boots inflicting 3 and sustaining 8.

In this situation there's not a whole lot to rule between teams, I believe we fall back on TV on the basis that the higher TV team is more prepared to deal with the next division up. Both your teams have clearly received a terrible mauling this season, but boots' Vampires are in marginally better shape to move onwards and upwards. That said, the ingame system has given Chipstick's Elves first place, so you'll get the winner's bonus to help you replace those losses along with a sideways move getting you well clear of that Nurgle team.

Edit: Ninja'd you ntw ;)

Are you counting KOs as casualties? How did you get those 8s and 9s?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Are you counting KOs as casualties? How did you get those 8s and 9s?
    I'm going off Cyanide's (shitty) interface and the numbers of casualties/injuries on each team's season record. Though it's hard what with Vampires regularly inflicting injuries on their own team it's making inflicted and received injuries not tally up properly.

In Elves vs Vamps, the Elves inflicted 2 casualties and sustained 3. The Vampires inflicted 2 casualties but sustained 4. That means the Elves had one self-inflicted injury and the Vampires had two.

Elves vs Nurgle is clean cut, Elves inflicted 2 casualties (1 inj, 1 death) and received 6 (4 inj, 2 death).
    Elves vs Humans is clean cut too, with no injuries either way.

So Elves inflicted a total of 4 casualties, but sustained a total of 9, one of which was self-inflicted.

Vamps vs Humans is clear, Vamps inflicted 1 casualty, Humans inflicted 2 (1 inj, 1 death).
    Vamps vs Nurgle is also neat, Vamps inflicted no casualties, Nurgle inflicted 2.

Vamps therefore inflicted 3 casualties in total, sustaining 8, two of which were self-inflicted.

Both teams end up with a -5 ratio of casualties caused to sustained. If we then rule off TV, the Vampires end up ahead.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Cyanide system is ruling based on some kind of absolute value rather than ratio. Chipstick, while not getting a better ratio anywhere, has scored one more td than boot and inflicted one more casualty.
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 28-06-2011 at 11:36 PM.

ah, that makes sense. Why does the season record not show all the casualties though? Cyanide's interface is messed up.

Obscure Node
    In a match where the armor rolls were against me and the rest of the rolls were against my opponent, I beat MadDave 1-0. Leaving my record at 1-0-2. Also, I really dislike playing this Human team. But that's life. Let's see how next month goes!

Activated Node
    Elves vs Nurgle is clean cut, Elves inflicted 2 casualties (1 inj, 1 death) and received 6 (4 inj, 2 death).

Vamps vs Nurgle is also neat, Vamps inflicted no casualties, Nurgle inflicted 2.
    At least I'm consistent. :)

Thanks for the game Copper. Sorry my Beast and your Ogre got so friendly, but thanks for the free rotter. Highlights of the match were your double 6's leading to a perfect throw and catch; then me getting nothing better than a push and a both down on three separate 3-dice blocks (1 was a re-roll).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    So the final game in division 4 was.... a 0-0 default, as after 2 evening's attempts, blood bowl still refused to connect myself and jarvis together. Pretty disappointing, and the second time this has happened to me now. I can play everyone else, but select people are clearly not allowed to play me since the last patch came out. :-(. Anyway, not all bad, i got a good cash award and my thrower got the spps, giving him a level and a double for strong arm. Still disappointing though, missing out one game in a 3-game season due to some server weirdness on cyanide's part.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!