View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 196 of 415 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I find MA 7 is generally enough to be threatening with Shadowing, as it has uses beyond chasing down catchers/runners. Like Diving Tackle it's a great booby trap of a power, too. One of my favourites is completely screwing over opposing players with Break Tackle.

(Although Diving Tackle and Jump Up are things I will probably invest in too.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Against all advices, I'm thoroughly tempted to get Shadowing on some of my tackling Amazons. Even if it only has a 30% chance of triggering against faster opponents, it's still a 30% chance of getting another tackle attempt....
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Very long legs! You crafty Swede, that's the missing ingredient for greatness.
    The last skill needed of course is passblock since very long legs negates safe throw and adds to the intercept chance- leave those poncy elves with their long passes going "buh buh buh".

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I'm using the Legendary Edition. The problem may just have been that I wasn't persistent enough. I joined one of the public leagues and made a few challenges, but no one responded. Perhaps completely the wrong way to go about it, but, as people seem to point out frequently, the game's interface is rubbish and it isn't at all obvious how to go about these things. Hence, I thought it would be a great idea to join a properly organised league.

Anyway, I'll check out the networking guide, but I don't think I have any problems with that as I play other multiplayer games.

I see you're online now. If you want we can have a practice match - hit me up on steam, same name, avatar is the penny arcade cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Oh, I see. You're probably fine then, but I'd suggest joining the Naggaroth public league for some games using matchmaking, to check your connection is all right.

Drew 1-1 with Kajo, very tense. We learned that Necros are a lot better at cracking cages than making them, both turnovers having been scored against the run of play.

My Lizards v ntw's Skaven was very much a game a two halves. He received, got nuffled, I broke a load of rats, half time score 1-0 me. Second half, I received, skinks got hurt, melee lost, full time score 1-1. A fair result, overall.

My perspective -

I decided to receive to try and avoid getting my fragile rats crushed by boots' fearsome wall of BlockoSauruses, blitz on the kickoff and one (of my two!) +ST GR's gets KO-ed immediately, the game continues to go downhill from there, eventually conceding a TD at the end of turn 8 to end the half.
    Second half and it still feels like I'm pissing against the wind for the next 3-4 turns, something must be going right though because all of a sudden I have a numbers advantage and an opportunity to bust the ball free. A bit of bashing and pushing later and the ball rolls off the pitch, to be thrown in near a Saurus but not near any of my Rats. Some more creative blocking and my Thrower runs around, scoops up the ball and passes to a GR marked by a Saurus, the GR dodges clear and runs to camp by the endzone until the clock runs out.

I'm not convinced I deserved the draw, but I guess it proves Skaven are always a threat...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    two! +ST GR's
    You lucky bastard! Looking forward to our match ntw, hope I get some inducement-cash for bribes...

Well, I played Skydacer. I was excited to play my first mp match. It was pretty crazy, with lots of insane good and bad luck on both sides (although I had better luck overall) and not many players from either his rookie lizards or my rookie gobbos left on the pitch by the end of the match. Ended in a 2-2 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Well, I played Skydacer. I was excited to play my first mp match. It was pretty crazy, with lots of insane good and bad luck on both sides (although I had better luck overall) and not many players from either his rookie lizards or my rookie gobbos left on the pitch by the end of the match. Ended in a 2-2 draw.
    Did you "host" (send the invite) or "guest" (receive the invite)? If you hosted then the only thing you need fear is, well, Cyanide. If you guested then you may still want to test that you can successfully host a game...

@ mrpier - I think your team is worth more than mine actually! Also, I didn't realise I had 2 +ST GR's until I started the match last night, I was utterly convinced that my freshly levelled GR was the only player I'd ever got a +ST on... Says a lot about my poor memory and perspective on things :S
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Sovereign Right (Dentharial - HElf) 1-1 Barebone Bareboners (Skydancer - Khe)

Quite the balanced match, implying that the first half was utterly in favor of Dent, sending half my team out and scoring, while the second half saw me scoring on the last turn (with the refree having let the clock run on a kick - I might have had time for a second td otherwise) with only two stunned elves remaining on the pitch, half the team beaten and the rest shoved out the sidelines from a wall of toilet paper.

I knew I should have used that wizard in the first half. Darn.

EDIT: Div E can roll on!
    Last edited by Skydancer; 23-03-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Sounds like a good game for goblins. :) Glad to see you have technical worries sorted out.

Apologies if this is ridiculously patronising but as no one else seems to have mentioned it I thought I better had: Basically, you can only apply to the Divisions of Death with a virgin team, so that particular goblin team no longer qualifies. Hope you knew that already and that was just a practise team!

---

EDIT:

Okay, a quick strategy quiz:

A pass triggers your Pass Block. Your PBer is within reach of the thrower and the catcher, but cannot reach both. Assuming that neither opponent is standing in any TZs already, what do you do? Mark the thrower, the catcher, or line yourself up in a TZ-free space in between them for an intercept?

(There are many other variables to consider of course, like skills and pass range... If it helps, assume that the only skill in play here is Pass Block and all participants have equal AG.)
    Last edited by Screwie; 23-03-2012 at 06:46 PM.

I hosted, so all should be fine.

Yes, it was just a practice team, so no worries... I'd forgotten that I'd even set it up in fact!

Well, in our game you went for the mark on the receiver, so that one cause you'll have to force a blitz or dodge even if you don't force the drop and can usually try for the intercept as well.

Yeah, a pass block on a thrower would only means he gets a -1 for your TZ and not even that if he has nerves of steel. Maybe if you put it in the middle he can try to intercept with less penalties from TZ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    On anything but AG4+ an intercept will only happen on a 6 anyway, so you might as well slap a TZ on the receiver if possible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    If the pass is 5+, I'd slap the TZ on the Thrower in hopes of a fumble. If it's less, onwards to the receiver to at least force him to dodge after he makes the catch.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.