View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 2 of 415 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ok, time's up. The deadline has fallen. After PM'ing the remaining vets last night, Machinations is in now, Meatloaf said he was going to apply but I don't have an application in there yet. You're on probation until tomorrow morning ;-). Khryses and TCM I have not heard from via any medium, so I can only assume they've gone AWOL. Sorry guys, we'll hold you on the sheet should you wish to rejoin the following season, but I'm reorganising the divisions to fill your spaces now.

Modulus, Cacamas, SimianJim, SketchSeven and Sp4rkR4t, you've failed to make it in this season, if you want to join us in the future, you'll have to get your applications in in time or speak to us. I can only assume you've forgotten you registered your interest. You're still more than welcome to reapply for the following season.

So, I'm working on the changes now. Like I said, I'll try not to make it too disruptive. I'll add another post in 10-20 minutes with the new positions and who's moving where. Like I said, I'll be looking to minimise disruption (and stop the 3 new norse teams ending up in the same division!) where I can. Keep an eye out in here :-).

Ok, people who need to move (for the better!) and reserves who will be joining us this season:

Desvergeh - From D to 3
    Indefatigable snoozer - You're in from the reserves into D
    Unitled - From E (on your own, bless) to D
    Mombiushibashi - From the reserves to 5
    Smaug81 - from reserves to 7

And that (I think!) is all that will be needed to get us started. It does mean that some of the reserves will in higher than some of the people who applied several weeks ago, but them's the breaks, it was this or about 20-30 re-applications, something which I'm not too keen on. I'd rather get us playing again if at all possible!

Rakysh and Drake Sigar, looks like you were a smidge too late for this season (although Rakysh, you may be called upon if meatloaf is a no-show yet). If you keep your details on the sheet and an eye in here, you'll be top of the queue for next season.

Division 'E' will appear empty on the sheet for now, basically treat F and G as 1 higher for this season. It also stops too many re-applications (which could get us into further issues)

If anything else looks off, let me know and I'll be happy to discuss it with you (with an AXE!). Once these final applications are in, we'll officially start the season, hopefully the official start will be tomorrow night. Good luck!

Division D - 3 Elves and a Dwarf. Sounds like the basis for a smash hit summer Romantic Comedy.

I've got my team set up and ready to go, just not seeing Division 7 in the listings yet. Guessing y'all just haven't gotten around to setting it up (that, or I'm missing something). I'll keep checking and make sure to get myself applied pronto when it's ready.
    Last edited by smaug81; 04-06-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wait so am i still in division 7? I'm kind of confused and at work so i cant get on the spreadsheet.
    (its blocked in China for some reason...)

Ok, cool. When will I find out if I'm in? And also, I might be away for more than ten days in July and definitely will be in August, so does that prevent me from playing?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Gorm: yes you are still listed in 7.

Rakysh: in the next day or two if we have a last minute drop out, or it'll be at the start of next season in 30 days time. However if you are away when the season starts you'll miss out again :) In terms of being away during the season it will just result in an admin result if you can't play a game. Ten days is the length of each round though, so there is quite a chance you'll be able to play around your break.

Ok, cool. I'm off for five weeks straight, and I think it's from late July, so I should be good for next season and then have to take a break.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Division F is still listed as "Pre-Season" in the Play tab with no match listings underneath ...is that normal, or does some button need to be pushed before we can arrange our matches?

Everything is normal. None of the divisions have been kicked off yet, so no fixtures will be visible. I'm going to log on this evening and start things going, assuming all our people we need to move have done so successfully.

@smaug81 - div 7 is up and visible as I've checked applications recently. Have another look, as cyanide's UI is pretty clunky ;)

Erm, is there any way to get RSS subscriptions to threads on this new forum? Am I being stupid? (feel free to answer honestly)

Quote Originally Posted by Curvespace View Post
    Erm, is there any way to get RSS subscriptions to threads on this new forum? Am I being stupid? (feel free to answer honestly)
    No.

All the FAQ says is that the forum adminstrators need to permit syndication for RSS feeds to work.

A few of us have left a 'gimme' note in the feedback thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    No.

All the FAQ says is that the forum adminstrators need to permit syndication for RSS feeds to work.

A few of us have left a 'gimme' note in the feedback thread.
    Mega Erg.

Thanks for the info.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Everything is normal. None of the divisions have been kicked off yet, so no fixtures will be visible. I'm going to log on this evening and start things going, assuming all our people we need to move have done so successfully.
    Ah, been wondering that. My Amazons are quite eager to get beaten bloody by KayD's rats.

Tonight then, yes? Yes yes.

Obscure Node
    Hi All

New member Flanks here, found you guys through Steam Link.

Am happy to join in as a backup and play whatever race is needed. I assume we all start with fresh teams anyway?

Semi confused as there is a lot of foruming here which I haven't had a chance to read yet, just wanted to get my name down asap! If someone could point me what/where to do to help with any admin required then I will get it done asap!

Hi Flanks, unfortunately a new season is just about to start, with the next one due to start in approximately 30 days time.

To get a spot for next season you need to add your name to the list here:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...H&hl=en#gid=24

Please note you will need to show up just before next season starts and post here plus apply to the league otherwise it may be assumed you have lost interest and your spot will go to someone else.

Hi Flanks, you've just missed out on this season, but if you add your details to the saheet oyu'll be near the top of the queue for next seaosn, which should be starting in about 30 days. Check out post 1 of this thread for more details :-).

Everyone else, I'm going in to start up most of the divisions RIGHT NOW! I'll be posting back in here if we're still missing a couple of people. With an angry face on, naturally. Angry. You mark my words :-O

/Edit - Ahhh duff my good man, totally throwing-starred me in the back of the head...

Obscure Node
    Thanks both duff and groovy. I believe I have added my details to the sheet correctly, could you double check it for me?

No worries flanks, entry looks fine. And hang around for a bit - we are currently missing Desvergeh from 3 (understandable, as he probably thought his place in div 4 was stable!), Meatloaf has still failed to apply (2 days after telling me he was just about to!), Mobiushibashi is not in 5 yet and smaug lost division 7 and isnt there yet. Soooo...

I'm starting all the other divisions now, and I'm chasing the missing guys up as best I can . If i don't get very far tonight, keep an eye out reserves, as we may well be asking for people to fill places and it'll be first come,first served to get this season going.

All started, apart from 3, 5, and 7 for the aforementioned absences. Hopefully we'll get those going tomorrow, either with the original people applying (come on guys!) or with some reserves joining in...
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 04-06-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I'll be posting back in here if we're still missing a couple of people. With an angry face on, naturally. Angry. You mark my words :-O
    Its time to start dishing out Zidane headbutts?

EDIT: Oh Groovy, I think they were looking for you to take place in the Open after a drop out, might want to check the thread out.
    Last edited by duff; 04-06-2011 at 09:00 PM.