View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 207 of 415 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    ntw- I'm off for easter holidays, too bad we couldn't get our game in this weekend. I'll be back sat or sun so that's still within the limit though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    More edition news!

The French Amazon site has updated more info on the upcoming "Chaos Edition" of the game, including:
    • 3 new races, with Chaos Dwarf and Underworld teams specifically mentioned!
    • A total of 10 stadiums, including what is probably a new Lustrian stadium ("for Lizardmen and Amazons").
    • New championship for single player.
    • A September 6th release date.

No mention of new Star Players, although there's bound to be at least a couple for the new teams. Hoping for more though!

Probably an easy bet that the final new team is Chaos Pact too :)

Banned
    Nice write up Snoozer, dwarf vs. dwarf ended up pretty tense :)

Alright still no sign of this computer or its delivery date, if the other people in my division want to organise their game then I'll concede this round.

Network Hub
    Good catch, Screwie! Yay Underworld!

Well... sadly, there is some good news and some bad news.

After I found the info above, I tracked down an official post on the matter on Cyanide's forums:

As we cannot keep the secret any longer, here is what we may confirm you will find in the next edition of Blood Bowl. However, please remember everything isn’t set in stone yet, and while some websites already publish information, these may be modified in the near future.

For the moment, I can confirm that there will be a new stadium and 3 additional races, including:
    - The Underworld
    - Chaos Dwarfs,
    - And Daemons of Khorne, who have been specially developed for this edition.
    I hear you thinking, but rest assured, this new race is being balanced to respect the rules of the game and to not be overpowered, when compared with other races (Halflings don’t count!)
    - 2 new star players

Of course, similarly to what we did for the Legendary Edition, a special offer and a preferential price is planned for current players of Blood Bowl, but final price hasn’t been decided yet. As for the release date, it has yet to be determined, but I believe you might have to wait till after this summer.

As soon as I have more information, I’ll be sure to let you all know!
    And a follow-up in reply to the obvious fan response:

Sigh... if you are going to bother taking time to create and playtest a "new" team, could you please at least put the Chaos Pact and Slaan into the game so those of us that want to play with full LRB6 rules can do so? Well, ignoring the fact that star players and inducements are missing, of course... :P
    Hi there,
    creating teams (graphic assets, animations, logos, flags, cheerleaders..) taking some time and with different kind of persons that are involved with the programming, testing etc.
    CP aren't in the game for different reasons including stuff like <time> and <people>. Slanns aren't here because of the GW fluff direction... they just don't want to have running, jumping, croaking "young" Slanns playing BB, even with the explanation given in the rules... I'll try to release some rough sketches I've made for them at the beginning of the developpement, after the release.

For this edition, pmcc did the code, Charles did the designing part, I did the art and our dear Mawie the animator did the... animations, helped by Stephane... smaller team than ever. Again with eager to give you a good game.

Hope you'll like it. Even with the CP missing out.

PS: We did actually made 2 more SP, not sure I can reveal'em now.
    So... that's happening. No Chaos Pact for now and for the first time we might have to manually police leagues for illegal teams. Marvellous...

The new team's roster is not yet available for inspection.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh boy I can't wait to see what a mess Cyanide make when they actually have to design something in the game. Although they surely can't be as horribly unbalanced as Chaos Pact, right? ...right?

Network Hub
    I don't think they have any concept of the amount of playtesting that has gone into the LRB, or any of the many, many reasons it works so well as a balanced rule set. Ah well, I really don't plan on giving Cyanide any more money anyway, so I guess it doesn't make much difference for me.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Holding back two of the four remaining races is inexcusable and screams of milking the cashcow. It is transparently obvious the plan will be to finally complete the game in a further edition in a further 18 months or so. I hope the community will unite and give Cyanide the finger if they try and charge more than a tenner for something that barely qualifies as DLC in my book. There is so little content I will find it hard to justify parting with 5 let alone the probable 20 or so they’ll try and claim.

If you guys decide to upgrade then I don't think I'll be joining you. If there are just a few RPSers who opt not to upgrade I'll keep GASH running as an LE league if anyone wants to keep some Cyanide action going.

I don't buy expansion packs, I'm sticking with LE*

*It's alright if it's part of the original thing I bought alright >_>

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Apparently GW doesn't want them putting Slann in, for GW fluff reasons (they don't want young Slann hopping about the place).

So, when is the next season? Did I miss two already?
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Lesser Hivemind Node
    To be fair, they did say that about Chaos Dorfs too ahead of the Legendary Edition. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    So, when is the next season? Did I miss two already?
    S18 should start around the 10th...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    Hey admin-shaped peoples. Me and grinn managed to play today. Final score: Grinn 2 - 1 maddave123

Not sure how to add the score to the spreadsheet though, as it's still all skewiff (wrong names listed against each other in weeks 2 & 3). Should I put the score down under week 3, or, erm, yeah. *shrug*
    I put it in Week3 for you.

Cyanide.

:(
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Bloodbowl is a nonsense alternative universe, stupid GW. I wouldn't be buying any later versions unless it carried massive improvements and was on sale. I hope the leagues don't all leave me behind.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Wow, lotta backlash about this. I kinda figured this business model was standard for the hobbyist industry, though? Have to buy the core book, then the special army booklet, then the models, the paints, etc.

Some of us play the computer version precisely because we can't be bothered with the way GW demands we constantly spend more money to keep up to date.
    Last edited by Graever; 02-04-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Network Hub
    Oh, for sure - that's certainly why I got the first Cyanide game. I think it will depend heavily on how much this expansion will cost for current owners: if it's between $15-20, I would happily buy it. Between $20-30, I would grudgingly buy it. +$30 and it would be hard to justify without additional features and guaranteed bugfixes.

Well, I simply don't trust Cyanide to get a brand new team right. They made a pics ear of wizards with their extended inducements, which is pretty blatant for a balance error.

Also, it's freaking Khorne, the lamest, most boring option possible. And as it's Khorne, you can expect yet another bashy Chaos team whose tactics will only vary marginally with the other two Chaos teams already in the game. Given Cyanide's track record with balance, I would not be surprised if their big guy was a Bloodthirster. Basically I don't see the need for it. If they could only manage two teams they should have spent the time on more Star Players instead.

I only hope that there is an option to disallow the Khorne side in leagues - or any team, for that matter, it would make a nice QoL enhancement. Kind of tempted to register on the official forums to ask just for that.

The price is another potential sticking point. 3 teams (only 2 of which matter), 2 star players and 1 stadium is not a whole lot. I would be happy with this at DLC-ish prices, but we'll have to see.

The biggest potential issue is if as a result of this expansion, the playerbase gets split up (as with Legendary Edition) or not (as with Dark Elf Edition).

So overall, a lot of trepidation mixed with a little bit of disappointment.
    Last edited by Screwie; 02-04-2012 at 09:16 PM.