View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 21 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Note: We think the race limit will be increased by one, but we haven't had confirmation.
    Please also note that someone above you in the league who decides to reboot will get preference when the races are shared out. If someone in, say, Division B wanted to change to chaos, and someone in Division 1 wanted to, then the person in B would be out of luck. And if next season a chaos slot opened up and the same person from B wanted it, but someone from the Champions League decided they wanted to reboot to chaos too, that person from B would be out of luck.

So you can choose a race up to 5 fr next season, but we can't be sure the limit won't still be 4, and even if it's 5 you can't guarantee that someone above you in the rankings (which, as a new joiner, would mean everyone currently in the league) isn't going to take that slot.

In conclusion: Play ogres!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I'm considering trying my hand at Vampires, hypnotic gaze is so ace once you start remembering to use it every turn.

Bookmark that post so you can refer back to it when you've failed eight bloodlust rolls in a row and there are NO MORE THRALLS.

Cyborg
    okay, I put down wood elf and if that's not okay, let me know, and I will choose something else.

Network Hub
    I'm leaning toward taking on Ogres next season. I'm really very happy with my Orcs and I'm sure there's room for improvement on them, but I think I'd like a bit of random frustration in my games as well. I'll have a decision by the deadline, hopefully.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    If I judge the rules correctly (although there's hope of a full-division promotion regarding of what happened with Div E), I'll probably find my Sirens surrounded by undead and dwarves and undead dwarves and dwarfish undead.

Which means I'll possibly have to reroll to Goblins the season after the next. I like Goblins, which can be surprisingly competitive. And Halflings have throwing trees, but for the live of me, I can't get the hang of Ogres and Vampires.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    That looks disgusting/delicious. I have to ask... have you had one?
    Not one - *MANY*
    They are like Jalapeno-based crack, the description neglects to mention that there are also Jalapenos in the bun!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    So there are racial limits? Which one is the best race that is still available? I thought that Wood elves were the best.
    whichever race you choose, Nuffle will screw with you. Don't choose the best race, choose the most fun one.
    Last edited by ntw; 03-07-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Editing for a reason
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Put it on the spreadsheet, I'm looking to retire my Orcs and make a Delf team for next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Just a friendly reminder to go along with the other ones - the season finishes tomorrow night! If you were planning on leaving us/joining us, now's the time to add yourself/update the sheet! We have 8 games missing from the sheet at the moment, so either remember to fill it in if you haven't already (acidy bricks await, remember?) or sort it out for tomorrow or grovel here to ask for a day or so to play your game ;-). If you don't post anywhere then I'll be making arbitrary decisions about your results. So there :-P.

New guys joining us, prick up your ears and keep paying attention to this thread if you want to play next season!! You'll be needed to apply in-game in a day or two, once we've sorted out promotions and your new league positions.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

...and Combat & I managed to play tonight - which was nice.

In a pretty freaky match, his Chaos and my Nurgle pretty much managed to avoid hurting each other all game. Both teams lost possession in the half they received. Both teams failed to capitalise on it. Except me. I managed to sneak a TD in the very last turn to seal a win and claim the DivC crown.

Combat 0 - 1 ntw

Combat was a true gent and played sportingly throughout, as were my other opponents this season, as pretty much everyone I've played with from RPS has been. I may just have to add that to my sig to save me typing this every month or so...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

I haven't heard back from Curvespace to get our game played.

Unfortunately no communication from Machinations to arrange our game.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Put it on the spreadsheet, I'm looking to retire my Orcs and make a Delf team for next season.
    oooh. Return of the delfs.

I have PMed Karandraz (he doesn't have a steam account so that appears to be the only way of contacting him) but he's not replied. We've played before so I'm not sure why he's gone quiet, unless he's had real-life problems. Has anyone else been in contact with him over the last couple of weeks?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    He does have a Steam account, which he was apparently on 13 hours ago. I'll give him a poke if I see him again today.

Aye, having an average movement of 5 is pissing me off and my troll went really stupid about 10 times, not even an exaggeration. oh and Laneford killed one of my almost level 5 blitzers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Aye, having an average movement of 5 is pissing me off and my troll went really stupid about 10 times, not even an exaggeration. oh and Laneford killed one of my almost level 5 blitzers.
    He was a very very really stupid troll.

I think your blitzer got apo'd though.

Lyran Common-Elf 1:0 Tiny Dancers

HughTower and I wrapped up the championship division yesterday. I won the flip and decided to receive. The first turn turned out to be a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I immediately had to burn a re-roll due to double skulls, on the other hand I managed to knock down HughTower's tree and subsequently KO'd him with a well-timed foul. With my cage on the LOS, I prepared for seven turns of moving up the field at a pace of one square per turn.
    Fortunately, a turnover allowed my whole team to slip through a gap, quickly putting me within range of the end zone. But as I didn't fancy trying to hold back HughTower's swarm of catchers for four or five turns, I decided to stall instead of trying to score right away. The stalling part worked quite well, but when it came to actually scoring, poor placement first got me stuck and then lost me the ball. With one turn left and the ball in the possession of a wardancer surrounded by more Wood Elves, I decided that it was time for some magic. The fireball managed to BH the ball carrier (promptly apothecary'd by HughTower) and one of the corners of the cage, but my attempt to get another tackle zone off the ball was cut short by another severe case of double skulls.

Because HughTower had been slightly more lucky than me with his injury rolls, I started the second half one man down (at least the tree didn't wake up). Hugh immediately had a myriad of catchers and at least two dozen wardancers run downfield, while the ball remained in the firm grasp of a thrower standing fairly close to his own end zone. I tried to mark as many potential receivers as possible while sending a single line elf after the ball carrier. I gained the upper hand in the ensuing scuffle (with the catchers/line elves/ wardancers, I didn't manage to get anywhere near the ball carrier), forcing Hugh to go for a comparatively risky touchdown. He managed to free one of his wardancers and moved her into my end zone, handed the ball off to another thrower further downfield and now only had to pass it to the waiting wardancer. Unfortunately for him, he could not do so without giving me a chance to intercept. One interception later, I had formed a cage and was on my way to HughTower's half while being harassed by the remains of the Wood Elf team. He didn't really have enough players left to stop me, allowing me to score in turn 16.
    Overall, it was a very close game that could've gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    He was a very very really stupid troll.

I think your blitzer got apo'd though.
    Yeh APO'D to -1MA though you SOAB. xxxx