View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 213 of 415 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Orcs and two 'zons teams, should be able to run away from these with my rats, although from experience, amazons can be a bitch to play against with no tackle and the block dice being a bit unfriendly and orcs led by the competent zoraster isn't a perfect fit either. I'll get my application in this very evening.

Congrats Jiiiiim on the championship!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Kajo and I face off for the third season in a row! At least it's not the deciding match again, but this is getting rather silly.

Also iNinja's Skaven side should be a welcome change of pace, if I can survive the double-drubbing of Necromantics and Humans from Kajo and Tom respectively.

Congrats to Jiiiim!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My shambling bankers face Orcs, Lizardmen and Skaven in division D. Haha, mortals excellent.

I have mixed feelings about facing Skaven first, yes I'd like them softened up but now I get first dibs on the squishiest players.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

In celebration of GLORIOUS VICTORY, here is a team photo with who is who. Now could the skinks stop hoovering up all of the MVPs please?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Kajo and I face off for the third season in a row! At least it's not the deciding match again, but this is getting rather silly.

Also iNinja's Skaven side should be a welcome change of pace, if I can survive the double-drubbing of Necromantics and Humans from Kajo and Tom respectively.

Congrats to Jiiiim!
    Heh, it's 1 first place for you and 1 for me, this is the deciding one :D

Network Hub
    "Come in, Dagg, come in. Pull up a boulder - you wanted to talk about something?"

"Thanks, boss. A lil snot sez we moved to De Vizion 6, but that dun make cents. I thunk 6 waz less than G, cuz 6 plus E equals sixty."

"I can see where you might reach that conclusion, but it may be easier to picture in terms of stature, er, bigness. G is like a weedy snotling: full of energy and bile, but easily squished. 6 is like a lineorc: tough and dependable, but unremarkable. We'll be facing some stiffer competition this season, including a bunch of drunk northerners who hit people professionally, a group of walking biohazards, and a squad of bourgeois elves."

"Grrr...dun like the boozewazee..."

Well I did end the season with exactly 1,000,000 in the bank and as-per-bloody-usual failed to roll anything other than a normal roll for my Blitz-Ra who picks up Tackle.

I'm out for at least two seasons while I move to Australia, and once I'm settled I'll see how bad the timezone faff is as to whether I can return or not. Hope I do, I look forward to throwing a 1780TV Khemri team back into the mix :)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Applied, Division 7 it is!

Edit: Just had a look at teams I'll be facing (WElf, DElfs, Gobbos) and have to say: Nullkigan, your DElfs scare the Bajesus out of me.
    On this:

Should I be bringing back the team I went on Hiatus with, or a newer, more evil team?
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    On this:

Should I be bringing back the team I went on Hiatus with, or a newer, more evil team?
    I'd say stick with the team you went on the hiatus with. My guys are going to get a pounding anyways and this way at least I get inducements. :) I am not sure if changing teams and staying in the same division would be against the rules.

They had about 15 games and had reached div A, so, uh. Yeah. Small amount of inducements there :P
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Despite only playing (or maybe because of only playing) one game last season I get to hang around in the champs again!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    They had about 15 games and had reached div A, so, uh. Yeah. Small amount of inducements there :P
    400k to be precise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Despite only playing (or maybe because of only playing) one game last season I get to hang around in the champs again!
    Don't worry. I hear they let ANYONE in these days.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Applied to D, I'm going to be facing the divisions manager? Corruption afoot!

Activated Node
    Ooooh, I've gone from Div 3 to Div C. Not sure if that's a demotion by stealth, but I'll take it. I've applied btw.

Meanwhile, what does one do when they have 500k in the treasury?

Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    Meanwhile, what does one do when they have 500k in the treasury?
    Epic numbers of cheer leaders

Keep it for the upcoming spiralling expenses. Grab a cheerleader or two and a couple coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    Grab a cheerleader or two and a couple coaches.
    Don't these add to the team value? I think they are not really worth it considering what your opponents gain in inducements. In my oppinion it would be better to just leave the gold in the treasury, it surely will be put to some use when players get injuries / get killed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I'd always grab 2 or 3 cheerleaders and coaches for cheap teams. My team is pretty consistently at around ~1700 TV, which means I'm getting 400k inducements anyway. And cheerleaders and coaches are an excellent way of stealing free rerolls from the opponent. A reroll is usually worth around 100k for most teams, so investing up to 50k for a chance to steal one is a good call. (a reroll-generating event has a 35% chance to pop up, and with at least three drives in most games, it's a given).

The question is what you do with 700k in the treasury when you already have bought a few coaches and cheerleaders... I'm thoroughly tempted to start throwing inducement-money into the ring, but since I've been the lowest TV team for the past 5 seasons in my respective Divisions, even that's not feasible. :/

I wish I could start offering bounties. There are a few players I would like to see viciously die. :D
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Well, of course different teams perform differently with varying team value. My oppinion is that you could just as well induce the extra team training.