View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 215 of 415 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    I'd accept that on Cyanide as they've left some pretty huge holes in utility by leaving out the stars that people use in favour of the ones no one ever takes (seriously who ever uses Headsplitter or Icepelt on TT?) but not in a proper CRP environment.
    It really is pretty annoying that so many of the Star Players have been left out of the game as some races (Skaven come to mind) rely pretty heavily on those extra hands (or paws) to help them out when being the underdog.

It's sad to see that Cyanide have wasted the opportunity to include more than 2 or 3 new SP guys in the new updated version. After all, they intend to charge money for that again.

Applied to Div 2, which is exactly the same as it was season before last - same coaches, same teams. This time I'll win though, for now I have the untold power of block zombie!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    It really is pretty annoying that so many of the Star Players have been left out of the game as some races (Skaven come to mind) rely pretty heavily on those extra hands (or paws) to help them out when being the underdog.
    Skaven and Chaos are the hardest hit, I think. Skaven's most useful star players are nowhere to be seen and Chaos doesn't have anyone they can hire for less than 300k right now, which is crazy.

Aside from that I would love to see the effect of Secret Weapon proliferation on the game if all the SW star players were added.

Also I miss the unspectacular but generally useful blitzer/blocker star players like Hubris, Zug, Roxanna, etc.

Soooo, how are things progressing with the applications?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I applied but have not yet (as of yesterday evening) been accepted in D so it's likely not that low yet.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Applyinated.

Yeah, Div 7 hasn't been resolved yet either, obviously.

Network Hub
    Applied but still undivisioned

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Soooo, how are things progressing with the applications?
    As usual the answer is: spreadsheet!

There is a "season status" tab on the spreadsheet where the admins keep track of which divisions still need apps (since the last time they checked). And it usually takes about a week or so to get all the applications in and get things moving, so don't start getting too impatient yet :)

Oh, and applications get accepted from top down (starting w/ champs, 1/A, 2/B, etc), so in general things won't get accepted until (mostly) everyone has applied.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Thanks potatoe, I had checked the spreadsheet a few days ago when the old season 17 information was still present and therefore assumed that it was out of date anyways. I'm not unpatient (yet!), my post was merely born out of curiosity.

I'd like to get in on this as well. How soon until the next season starts, and is there a FAQ for new teams?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi all, I'm back and see we're pretty close to starting the new season. Just missing now:

Div 1 - Duff
    Div 3 - Mr Pier
    Div 5 - Kapouille
    Div 6 - Cacamas and El_Cubo
    Div 8 - Xenny
    Div A - Hughtower

I've updated the season status tab, too ;-)

All other divisions are waiting on those above to get started. I was hoping we could get going today, so hopefully the remaining few can get their applications in today?

New guys (DaMark and chadsexington) - we might have enough of you new peoples now to add in an extra division. If not everyone turns up, then new guys will fill in in order of application on the sheet (N1,N2 next to you names on the spreadsheet indicates this). If everyone does turn up, there's 3 of you, so as long as one of our old hands is willing to stick a filler team in there with you, you can apply for division 8. Keep a close eye in here today and tomorrow and we'll see what we can do to squeeze you into this season. If you need more information for now, take a look at our Spreadsheet which hopefully explains most of how we run our season etc.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    I'd like to get in on this as well. How soon until the next season starts, and is there a FAQ for new teams?
    Every info is in the spreadsheet:

spreadsheet

And you MAY be able to jump up in this season

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'm willing to do a filler team this season. I'm even willing to do a brand new filler team, and to avoid the bashy ones. How about pro elfs?

Hey everyone, yesterday I stumbled across a small problem that I hope somebody can help me with. In order to try out a few things with my team setup, I used the BB Single Player mode and played a match with a new 1000 TV team (11 players) against a 1300 TV computer AI (yeah, I know...). For inducements, I chose an additional journeyman player. Then during team setup before kick-off 11 players appeared on the pitch (as it should be) but there was no extra guy for exchange on the sidelines (or "backline"). Does anybody know if this is intended or a bug? I found nothing in the rulebook that could explain the disappearance of the 12th man.

That's a bug I've seen in multiplayer a few times. It really sucks when it happens in the second half of a close game.

Thanks duff, this then is something to be very careful with if you are planning to base your strategy around getting a deeper bench via inducements. Hopefully this will be fixed in future patches.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    It's one of the reasons why i tend to not buy Zara anymore. In 3 of 4 games I use her that placing bug happens and I start the game with a fucked up positioning.

Occasionally selecting one of the preset layouts can bring vanished people back.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Hi all, I'm back and see we're pretty close to starting the new season. Just missing now:

Div 6 - Cacamas and El_Cubo
    Oh, uh, what do I have to do?