View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 224 of 415 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I was just a bit confused by your post above and read it as if you wouldn't see Orcs as a bashy team. 4 ST4 Blockers, Troll, 4 Blitzers, ST access and armor value 9 on all of these 9 players looks like a hell lot of bash to me. :)
    Ah, cool. No worries, I see what you mean. It's just a question of orders of magnitude, really; at least six ag 3 players on the pitch is markedly different to a Khemri situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    Ah, cool. No worries, I see what you mean. It's just a question of orders of magnitude, really; at least six ag 3 players on the pitch is markedly different to a Khemri situation.
    I think it's a question of how much development it takes to do it. Any team can do anything to a degree, it's just a question of how much development it takes and coach preference. Out of the box orcs are best at caging, but with a few skills they can be decent at passing. Khemri would require much more development (and quite a bit of luck) to do passing decently; while elves (except Delfs) are good at passing right away.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

I don't know what Cyanide think happened by mine and Grinn's game in Div 2 just bombed out, can a friendly overlord reset it if needed?

I managed to beat Indefatigable Snoozer's Dorfs 2 - 1 because they were mostly incapable of doing any more harm to my Woodies than K.O.'s. In fact my Treeman caused as many casualties as his entire team managed! It didn't help that there was a blizzard, making it hard for the stunties to keep on their feet and make up for their slowness. Still Snoozer soldiered on and scored an amazingly elf like TD when 2 - 0 down. Thanks for the game Snoozer!

On an admin note: I have advanced Div. B to the 2nd round. This is because I will be on holiday most of the official period for next round. I've already arranged a match with Al, but Snoozer and Laneford can arrange theirs too.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I don't know what Cyanide think happened by mine and Grinn's game in Div 2 just bombed out, can a friendly overlord reset it if needed?
    Either some other friendly overlord has already done so or the game never existed/got recorded...

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Either some other friendly overlord has already done so or the game never existed/got recorded...
    Interesting. The game died shortly after kick off when one of Grinn's Black Orcs blocked a zombie that, so far as I could see, he wasn't standing next to. A game I was playing against Screwie just now died when one of his gobbos blocked one of mine on the scrimmage just after kick off, except so far as I could see Screwie's gobbo wasn't on the scrimmage. In both cases the game lagged out with no result being recorded. Anyone else seen something similar? It's only happened to me since the last couple of patches.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    It's only happened to me since the last couple of patches.
    Ah... Cyanide
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Sorry for the highly situational post, but i was sure div D was rolled on and I arranged to play tonight with Karandraz but its still day 1, can anything be done?

I threw maybe 45 block dice at skinks most of them with mighty blow, I fouled them half a dozen times.

1 badly hurt skink, I'm gutted. The score line is kinda unrepresented but my D6 rolls (dodge and pickup) were horrific and he would pass 7 D6 rolls in one turn on one pair of skinks to run the ball from his end zone to mine.

Horrific.

Heliocentric 0 - 4 Karandraz

You've failed me Helio - I was relying on you doing at least as good a job in weakening the dinos as you did last week when you disassembled my team. Are my rats going to have to show your Undeads exactly how to bash the Lizards? :D

Erm, that's always assuming any of them survive the beasting the Orcs are going to give us...

/edit - also, Nuffle giveth and Nuffle shitteth on thine plateth when it is least expected-eth.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    I think it's a question of how much development it takes to do it. Any team can do anything to a degree, it's just a question of how much development it takes and coach preference. Out of the box orcs are best at caging, but with a few skills they can be decent at passing. Khemri would require much more development (and quite a bit of luck) to do passing decently; while elves (except Delfs) are good at passing right away.
    Throras come with free Pass, this means that they get a 75% on a short pass, but the problem is the catchers. I have managed some elfball with my auld team with two +ag skellies (one with pro and block) though.

Obscure Node
    Is it generally the rule that divisions all get rolled into the next week at the same time, even if you finished early? Only I've realized I'm busy, er, every night from the 27th to the 6th, so having a bit more time to play my next game would help...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    They generally all get rolled on together, but if your Division is finished early you can post to ask the admins to roll it on for you. No guarantee they'll actually be around to do it, but no harm in asking.

Obscure Node
    Just here?

Hi Admins, any chance you can roll Division H on just to see if I can get my game played? Though I've realized that as I'm in EST and my opponent is in EET, it might be difficult after all. I forgot all about timezones + my busy schedule in my eagerness to play Blood Bowl. Hmm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi Aerisdead, I usually prefer to keep us in sync, but if you have a reason to move it on early and ask nicely then one of us admins can. So i have - hopefully you'll be able to squeeze your game in ;-)

Obscure Node
    Thank you very much!

Thanks to helio for that fun game of "kill ma skinks" though I am sure the score was 1-4? One of those TD's for me was pure filthy luck, and I loved every second of it! Tried to a similar gambit against desvergeth last game but it didnt work quite as well that time, in des's own words if I had pulled it off I deserved to win :D
    Where you can find some of my mischief: http://karandraz.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    So, me and Duff played the first match in division 1 last night, my humans vs his dark elves. 100TV in it, so I grab an extra reroll and prepare to play.

Weather is nice, and Duff opts to receive. I get a perfect defence allowing me to rearrange my lines. Duff retreats with the ball and tries to bash down my left flank. He dodges his line away from mine. My turn,. I press into his line, then blitz his witch elf with the mighty general Zod. Who is not so mighty, only scoring a push and suddenly looking exposed. Rookie mistake. Galactus boneheads out in the middle (a familiar tale today). Duff blitzes one back at me but only gets a push. His witch elf gets revenge on Zod with a push form the first block, but frenzy gets the knockdown, injuring general Zod with a smashed hand that apothecary is unable to fix (although he did offer to repair it in exchange for a pinched nerve. Thanks, Apothecary!). So my Str5 blitzer is out of the game, turn 2, and I no longer have an apothecary. Bugger.

The ball is close to the line now, Duff thinks he's trapped me in, but he forgets the dodging prowess of galactus. Who... boneheads again. It would have been a lovely break tackle through the lines as well.

Then there is about 6 more turns of bashing on the line. Leading to a point where I think I've got him. Marked up, unable to run through my line, the ball carrier is trapped. No-one else is in range. I miss one player, way out on my left, who it turns out was a runner. He bashes his ball carrier free, runs around the line (back into his own half!), hands off to another player (ag5) who runs downfield and throws what turns out to be a perfect pass to that runner who has made it to the endzone after a couple of goforits. Turn 8, 1-0 Duff. 1 injury each. There's one receipt for my team, I manage a KO and an SPP for a lineman (my thrower was out for this game), then it's the second half.

I'm receiving, manage to KO one player on the line and get back and pick up the ball. I run my catchers through the line deep into Duff's half. Duff retaliates by blitzing poor Professor Zoom, who gets knocked down and killed. Bugger. Duff then forms up the classic '5 columns of men'. I hate that elfy strategy. I have a (newly developed after Alethron's elves last season) counter though!. My other catcher remained unmarked, so I charge into a nearby column, take out the front man and make sure I have 3 players marking the man in behind. I run up the ball carrier from deep, make 2 goforits and go for the pass (4+...) i get a 6, duff fails to get the 6 needed for the interception, and Harley Quinn makes the catch and runs it in, turn 10. 1-1.

A high kick sees Duff collect the ball neatly, then try to break down a flank again, somewhat lessened by a block-block result. Bashing back scores me a quick badly hurt and a KO - finally mighty blow helps me out a bit, we're back on even numbers now. An attempt to break through and cage in my half by Duff is undone by a failed goforit leaving a corner of the cage open. Knowing the runner has dump off, i surround every possible receiver with 2 players, put a guard player next to the runner, and charge him. He makes the dump-off, and another blodger catches it, in between all my players. Bugger.

A knockdown from duff causing a badly hurt then 9 dodges in a row gets his players out of trouble (it was pretty impressive to watch :-D). Once free, it only takes a turn for duff to enable a pass/catch to score. 2-1 duff. 3 turns left. On kick-off, one of duff's men gets hit by a rock and KOd. I pour through, getting 5 players into the backfield, bashing the line and sending a lone lineman back for the ball. It's all or nothing now ;-). Duff approaches my ball-carrier with 3 players, trying to block any pass. If the pass doesn't come off, I'm doomed here. Support is lacking, only galactus is free if my plan is to work, he goes for the blitz and boneheads again (for the 6th time this match, stats fans!). So now the pass gets even harder. Mr Freeze (my lineman) runs diagonally upfield, and makes 2 goforits to get clear of duff's markers. He makes the pass (4+ again!), but scarecrow fails the catch. Reroll. He makes the catch! The Scarecrow runs upfield and hands off to The Red Skull (3+). Who runs it in (1 GFI) for a touchdown. 2-2 and the crowd goes wild. Obviously my team has been paying attention to duff's plays. Both back in turn 15 with 10 players each. A riot leaves duff with only this turn, so no chance of scoring. The game ends without incident.

So, well, mixed bag really. One of the fairest games I've ever played from a dice perspective, duff having fractionally better injury and d6 dice, but nothing in it really, both teams with an almost identical block record (helped, no doubt, by me losing my other strength 5 player on turn 2 - what a stupid mistake!). Really good fun, tight defence required by me to hold Duff off, and then elfy heroics from my players for both my touchdowns. 2 of my lvl 1 linemen finally got a level, so I've gained 2 wrestlers to go with all the other blockers. Still, i'm down some serious points for my next game, missing a lvl3 catcher and my str 5 blitzer means im down ~350TV. And who's up next? Chainsawhands' Pro Elves, who are at... 2160. Really? I'm going to have 600 points of inducements! Morg might get an outing, but I suspect its going to be a tough one for my humans ;-).
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 24-04-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    You've failed me Helio - I was relying on you doing at least as good a job
    In line with my failure (not really but narrative is everything) Taxederm's team building exercise is being brought to a close after the C. E. O started having flashbacks from the match during a board meeting and killed several of the board members who were thankfully received by the lawyers, but fear not lucky shareholders, they will be financing a novice team next season. I'll still honour my remaining match obviously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    In line with my failure (not really but narrative is everything) Taxederm's team building exercise is being brought to a close after the C. E. O started having flashbacks from the match during a board meeting and killed several of the board members who were thankfully received by the lawyers, but fear not lucky shareholders, they will be financing a novice team next season. I'll still honour my remaining match obviously.
    Ooo, so are you bringing in a new team and what kind?