View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 225 of 415 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Ooo, so are you bringing in a new team and what kind?
    The merged markets of Necrotic lubricants (embalming fluid) and air fresheners have moved forwards with a corporate take over of the brand "Papa's Disinfectant" maker "Deamonestos by TaxeDerm*, the Company already had its own team in training the "Papa's Prosodemic Pharmacologists"

Oh, I forgot to mention the "race"? Its Nurgle

*The new capitalisation will be reflected in all future marketing material
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I can see a definite trend towards teams from the bashier end of the spectrum here Helio :)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

It also can't be a coincidence that Nurgle can fill out their roster with the corpses of former opponents.

Hah - theoretically. It only happened to me like once in 3 or 4 seasons...and I certainly wasn't avoiding a fight.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    It also can't be a coincidence that Nurgle can fill out their roster with the corpses of former opponents.
    It's just market forces, you need to allow for economic pressures.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    No! Undead iz best

He'll end up playing ogres or khemri someday.

The name is too long for the game I need to rethink.

Prosodemic Pharmacologists? Its okay I guess, but Nurgle's followers love him. I wanted to represent that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Very close game against Zoraster this afternoon, whereby I came up on top 2-1, by way of some lucky dodges and pretty bad block dice on zorasters part.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Me and Graever got out game in today. 2-1 to me, but i felt like it was a really close game. If one or two rolls had gone in Graever's favour then it would have at best for me been a draw.

Rok Ard Nobz (Orc, Grinn) vs. Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me)

Our first attempt to play this game bombed out on Sunday morning. I felt doubly hard done-by for this as I was winning and Grinn was coming off three hours sleep (an inducement so good you can't even buy it), but Cyanide.

The two teams were equal in value and had no casualties, so it was a straight up match of theoretically matched sides. I won the toss and elected to kick, the aim being to push the orcs into scoring quickly (or nabbing the ball off them), getting a fast TD before the second half then stalling out the rest of the match before scoring on the last turn. Things got off to a bad start when my kick zombie conceded a touchback, then got badly hurt in a blitz. Grinn put together a solid cage but I managed to stop it moving forward too far, until around turn 5 when I got an outside chance of bringing down the ball carrier after a succession of lucky 1 dice blocks (all through the match I tried more one dice blocks than I usually would, and I got away with nearly all of them). Unfortunately a push was re-rolled to attacker down, leaving a hole for the orcs to exploit: despite a couple of setbacks Grinn rolled the ball over the line on turn 7, leaving me with two turns to get an equaliser. Nearly made it but fell at the last hurdle with the wolf in the end zone spilling the (accurate catch) on turn 8 – 1-0 to Grinn at half time.

The second half did not start well for me, a slightly silly set-up was completely cracked open when the sure-hands ghoul flubbed the pick up. The proto-cage was immediately surrounded by half the orcs, while the rest of them put pressure around the ball. After a couple of turns scrambling I got some luck – first Grinn suffered a turnover on a re-rolled GFI, then he couldn't bring down the receiving wolf on a re-rolled two dice block. Just to rub salt into the wound I then managed to get through a dodge, GFI, one dice block, another GFI and a hand-off without failing horribly (which would've left the ball in the open and the wolves on the sidelines), leveling the score with 3 turns to go.

Kicking off I conceded another touchback despite aiming for the middle of the pitch, though we had another Cyanide moment when somehow the ball ended up on a Black Orc on the scrimmage. Grinn caged like a pro again, while running through three orcs into the backfield. I replied by hurling zombies, golems and wights at the cage while trying to mark up as much space as possible with the ghouls and wolves. With only a couple of turns to go Grinn was forced to dodge with the ball carrier, who promptly fell flat on his face and spilled the ball at the feet of three dead men, despite using a re-roll. With no players in position to score I put as many tackle zones around the ball as possible then scooped it up with a ghoul, who then withstood all Grinn's attempts to bring him down on the last turn – 1-1 at full time.

I probably had the best of the luck in this match: the touchdown in the first half was more likely to work than not by the time it failed, but the TD in the second was a horrible rag-bag of mistakes and dumb luck. Grinn played well but as he pointed out after 4 blodgeing players were too much for his single tackle blitzer to cope with, making it hard for him to get the space to move the ball around. No permanent casualties on either side (the apo actually worked on the Black Orc with a gouged eye, and remarkably not only did a dead zombie regenerate but so did a golem with a fractured arm), hopefully leaving us both in good shape to deal with the two chaos teams that seem to have spent most their efforts maiming one another.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Kicking off I conceded another touchback despite aiming for the middle of the pitch, though we had another Cyanide moment when somehow the ball ended up on a Black Orc on the scrimmage.
    you get surprisingly little time to select the player you want to give the ball to on a touchback before it defaults to your first player. this lead to my Ogre (who was first on my roster) being my highest TD scorer for a while on the team as he accumulated 3 touchdowns from getting the ball from touch backs and trundling down the pitch for the score.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The time to play Bribes at the end of a drive are pitifully short too.

Speaking of, have you used a Wizard since the latest update? 15s at the start of every turn until you use it! But at least you can't forget anymore...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea, or you can end the event which doesnt use it up. Really confused me the first time.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It's a really awkward cackhanded implementation. All they needed was a seperate "end turn and use wizard" button. But no.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Altdorf Army XI 3 - 1 The Hardwood Harpies

The two teams were evenly matched on paper but there's one factor that cannot be quantified by GPs alone and that is luck. The Hardwood Harpies had none of it. Zero, zip, zilch, nadda, nothing, not an iota.

The teams took to the field and The Army kicked off deep, the Harpies claimed the ball and made some ineffectual block on the line of scrimmage that had been re-arranged after a perfect defence but put a couple of threats into the human half. The Army responded by opening up a hole for their turbo-charged Catcher Grayland to make a 2D against block on the ball carrier - double POW showed how this game was going to go, the ball on the ground deep in the back field with a human player now standing over it. The elves recovered the ball, passed it down field and tried a hand off to an elf covered by two human who was in scoring range, the hand-off went bad (3+ with re-roll) and the ball was loose and the Humans get a cage around it with Grayland up field offering a scoring threat. the elves try to blitz into the cage and fail and the Army move the cage to the right and about to half way. A second attempt at blitzing into the cage is equally disastrous for the Elves. This made the humans Cocky and Grayland tried to peel off his double markers into the end zone but fell flat on his face leaving the thrower exposed with half his cage having ran down the pitch without him. Elf blitz fail - KOing a elf in the process. After the first few turns showing remarkably little violence The Army pulled out the stops and KO'd and elf and badly hurt a second and consolidate their ballcarrier halfway into the elf half in a full cage. A 4 strength elf blitzed the corner and stood next to the carrier putting the Army in a tight spot. There were two options open to the army, once high percentage but boring and risked the cage being immobilised next turn and chocking off the TD opportunity, the second low percentage, risked turning over the ball immediately but was
    A) Awesome
    B) TD worthy
    Followers of the Army now what was selected, a single die blitz, a dodge, a GFI and TD Army.

But with two turns left plenty of time for Wood Elves to sc... BLITZ. Grayland is under the ball, the Elf counter blitz fails on the GFI, Grayland dodges away TD Altdorf.

So 2 - 0 at half time and despite 3 attempts to wake up only one of the Harpies 2 KO'd players makes it back to the field.

The Humans receive and vow to play conservatively, immediately kill an elf and safely secure a shallow kickoff. They move the ball left, once again easily seeing off a couple of Wardancer blitzes against them as the Dancer either falls over on the leap for skulls the block attempt. but then the Elves manage to get a succesful block on the ball carries as the cage is against the left hand touchline and a side stepping Wardancer ruining the Army's blocking patterns so a 4+ with re-roll pickup is attempted because the majority of players around the ball are humans and it's not like.. fumble, scatter, fumble, scatter to free elf, run left, pass, hand off - score. Despite having a negative level of luck with the dice the Harpies were suddenly in this game.

Another shallow kick off put the ball in the hands of a player without Sure Hands and I was worried but the ball was then safely shifted into the hands of a thrower. And then followed a succession of Wardancers throwing themselves at the feet of my players until it just became too much and I stuck the boot into a prostrate Wardancer on turn 15 Badly Hurting him. This fortuitously left Grayland 1 square inside the Elf half and a simple blitz on turn 16 followed by a hand off left him with a clear, if 3 GFI needed, run for the line to get a 3rd TD for the Army.

Grayland was voted Altdorf's MVP but I feel drawlien's dice played a far, far bigger roll. Do you see what I did there?

In Other News:

Grayland levelled up and I goy my first ever AG increase. Fuck yeah - a MV 9 AG 4 sprint piece is the bomb-diggity.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    In short, I would have felt really sorry for drawlien but he was playing Wood Elves so deserved everything he got.

Anupshi Rises (DogPants, Khe) 1 - 1 Dandy-Lions (DeekyFun, HElf)

Under a blazing sun the two teams square up to each other for the second time in as many seasons, with the lumbering Khemri receiving. Anupshi Rises play a typical fighting and caging game, but the Dandy-Lions prove to be surprisingly effective at going toe-to-toe and take the sting out of the offensive drive at the half way line. The majority of the first half is spent as a scrum with neither team making headway save for a few players off the pitch on both sides. A last minute blitz, though, sees the ball free and the High Elves making a break with it, but it isn't enough and the game is still without a touchdown at the end of the first half.

When the teams take to the field again the attrition of the last half has taken its toll and sees the Dandy-Lions two men short for their lineup. Trying to lure their opponents, the Elves break for the flanks while the ball handler backpedals. The defenders break into three, chasing the flanking runners and sending a couple of men forward to harry the Elven thrower. The plan works, and even while the Dandy-Lions start to wither on the flanks under the assault of the numerically superior and stronger Khemri, a couple of runners get through on either side. Meanwhile the ball-carrier easily outmanoeuvres his pursuers and makes a pass. The Anupshi defenders are again fooled as they rush for the dashing runners only for the ball to land with a stray Blitzer further back. Unable to react with any speed, the skeletal defenders can only watch as the Elven Blitzer trots in the game's first touchdown.
    With less than a quarter of the game left the High Elves face the task of holding out against a full strength fighting team with only eight men. Anupshi Rises, on the other hand, face the task of carrying the ball fast enough to score. The badly depleted defence proves too frail, though, as the offence smashes through their right flank and ties down the front line with overwhelming numbers. The Anupshi Thro-Ra careens out of his cage like a cannonball and is barely inconvenienced by a valiant but unsuccessful long range dash by a breaking Elven Blocker. The game ends with one touchdown apiece, and a network synch failure. Thanks Cyanide.

On the subject of the synch disconnect then, DeekyFun saw the end game results, I didn't. Hopefully that means the game was recorded, but I assume we won't find out until an admin gets to look at it.

Activated Node

Div 5: Lucky Lycanthropes vs. The Longitudinal Life

The match started off with Ritashi's team receiving the kick; he caught the ball with the aid of a quick snap, ran around the side of the defence, and scored a typically elfy 2-turner. Only one block even thrown, for a KO'd zombie. The Lycanthropes received on their own second turn, and promptly lost a turn due to a failed pickup. The elves punched a hole, and promptly ran a blitzer downfield to pick up the ball. The necros finally managed to get a dice roll their way, KO'ing the blitzer, before misclicking a move and throwing their turn away on a golem-dodge. The elves proceeded to BH a werewolf, getting cover on the ball, though not picking it up. And then the dice went the necros' way, as they KO'd three more elves and got some players near the ball. Until the elves punched away the ghouls, picked up the ball, and ran another TD in. 2-0. So the Lycanthropes received again on turn 5, with the elves kicking a deep corner ball AND getting a Blitz! This start went a little better though; the ghoul actually picked up the ball, and the necros got some meager defenses in front of him, injuring an elf catcher in the process. The elves followed up with a dodge->1D block against the blodging ball carrier...and knocked him down, sending the ball out of bounds. The throw-in landed squarely in the middle of the necros' half, though, allowing them to recover it and finally get a cage up. The next turn, a Strip Ball elf Leaped in, knocked the ball loose; it bounced off a zombie, where another elf dodged free, grabbed the ball, dodged away, and scored. turn 7, 3-0. Wat. The elves proceeded to Blitz! again. Wat. Then a flesh golem both-downed, ending the turn. An elf ran back, grabbed the ball, scored again. 4-0. Wat.

Right. Second half, chance to turn things around. (Nah, I'm kidding, I just wanted to murder some elves, and maybe get 1 TD for pride's sake). The necros received the ball, made a cage, KO'd another elf. Stunned the Leaper who ruined the last drive. Promptly got the cage cracked open, and a wight KO'd. The ball carrier held on, though, and the next turn dodged out, handed off to a werewolf, and saw a touchdown run in. 4-1. The elves took the next kick deep to their own backfield, while the necros lined up to try and mash any elves they could get their hands on. But no luck; the elves shoved away a single defender, then made a graceful pass and ran it in. 5-1.

The final drive saw the necros get shoved all over the field, with Ritashi wisely preventing another attempt at the werewolf-as-receiver play and the elves (finally) fumbling a pass to miss a turn 16 TD.

Lucky Lycanthropes 1 - 5 The Longitudinal Life

Well and gracefully played, by Ritashi! He managed his (fiendish) elves with terrific skill; I suspect I would still have lost, without the thorough Nuffling. But Nuffle also threw in with Ritashi's team (and I made more than my usual share of misclicks, too). Clearly payback for two seasons ago, when the Lycanthropes literally tore apart every team they played. Nuffle giveth and Nuffle taketh away. Great game! But man alive, I got destroyed. Good luck, Kapouille!
    Last edited by somanyrobots; 26-04-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Anupshi Rises (DogPants, Khe) 1 - 1 Dandy-Lions (DeekyFun, HElf)

<snip>

On the subject of the synch disconnect then, DeekyFun saw the end game results, I didn't. Hopefully that means the game was recorded, but I assume we won't find out until an admin gets to look at it.
    BBLE is showing no result - either the match has already been reset or the disco completely voided it...

@ Everyone - Please include your Div for requests like this, makes it easier for us admins to find the games...
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh