View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 236 of 415 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Div.3 can be rolled on, me and WhiskeyTangoFox didn't manage to schedule a game, so a draw there is probably fairest.

Network Hub
    The official rules also state that players with more than 51 spp's will desert the team on a roll of 4+. I wonder if Cyanide implemented that as well? Probably not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    A few games were defaulted, I'm afraid (with all the SPPs that entails) but all divisions are now definitely on day 3 :-). Enjoy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Hmm, how come I keep getting "MVP 0" for my games recently? I thought I was meant to get an MVP per game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    The official rules also state that players with more than 51 spp's will desert the team on a roll of 4+. I wonder if Cyanide implemented that as well? Probably not.
    Eh? In which version of the rulebook is that?

It's in LRB6 / CRP. It's implemented on fumbbl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    It's in LRB6 / CRP. It's implemented on fumbbl.
    Page number in the rules?

edit:page 29, it happens hen conceding apparently.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 09-05-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Page 29.

(Interestingly it says that you can concede without any penalties before a kickoff where you're only able to field two or less players. Never spotted that before)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Hmm, how come I keep getting "MVP 0" for my games recently? I thought I was meant to get an MVP per game.
    I noticed that as well. I do get awarded MVP, but since the latest patch they won't show on the match record.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Page 29.

(Interestingly it says that you can concede without any penalties before a kickoff where you're only able to field two or less players. Never spotted that before)
    Mental note: leave 3 players standing until turn 8.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I have a purely hypothetical question.... also, iNinja, don't read this. :P

If your 13-strong Dark Elf team was about to face a well-developed Skaven side with 190k in Inducements, would you make do with that amount or fire one SPP-less lineman in order to take Horkon Heartripper (cost 210k)?

I'm very much on the fence on this... I find Heartripper a bit tempremental but against an AV7 team he's on the cusp of being useful (the only thing better is a Stunty team, of course). Advise would be welcome.
    Last edited by Screwie; 10-05-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Horkon gets at least one lovely multi-stab on the LoS when you receive. He's like a wizard, with the chance of performing multiple times.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Maybe this is one of those rare cases where taking petty cash is feasable. If your treasury balance is alright, why not pay the 20k?
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Given that they treat a disconnection as a concession, I'm pretty glad they didn't implement that: it'd be rather irritating to lose players because your internet went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Horkon gets at least one lovely multi-stab on the LoS when you receive. He's like a wizard, with the chance of performing multiple times.
    I hadn't even considered Wizard, tbh. I was thinking 2nd Apoth and a Babe with the 190K.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Maybe this is one of those rare cases where taking petty cash is feasable. If your treasury balance is alright, why not pay the 20k?
    If I add 20k I also lose 20K in inducements, I think... Petty Cash is mainly for the guy with the higher TV as far as I can tell.

Besides, I'm broke. :) My money has already gone to hiring a replacement blitzer after my last blitzer #4 died.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I have a purely hypothetical question.... also, iNinja, don't read this. :P

If your 13-strong Dark Elf team was about to face a well-developed Skaven side with 190k in Inducements, would you make do with that amount or fire one SPP-less lineman in order to take Horkon Heartripper (cost 210k)?

I'm very much on the fence on this... I find Heartripper a bit tempremental but against an AV7 team he's on the cusp of being useful (the only thing better is a Stunty team, of course). Advise would be welcome.
    I used him in another league recently.

When I received I lined up assassins (3 including the star player) and line men on the LOS and started the first round with 4 stabs injuring and knocking out 2 players(1 of each). I threw 24 block dice during that game and received 152 block dice at me, we both broke armour 12 times.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    The game calculates (and this is the correct way to do it - the actual rules are a bit Cyanide this time) the inducements after both players have added their petty cash.

If you have 1720 and Bob Madeupplayer has 1800, and you add 20K petty cash, the game will calculate the TV difference between 1800 and (1720 + 20) and give you 60K inducements, plus your 20K.

In most instances it makes very little sense for the lower TV player to add petty cash. You might potentially consider adding 50K to get a babe, if there's less than 50K difference between your teams, or adding 100K to get a second apoc if you think your team is going to get ruined by Grinn's brutal, brutal orcs.

Sometimes it makes sense for the higher TV player to throw in 50K to get themselves a babe, but they need to remember that the lower TV player will get inducements to match. If there's a 30K difference and you put in 50K petty cash, you'll be able to spend that petty cash, but the lower TV player will be able to spend 80.

The ideal scenario for adding petty cash is if there is only a small TV difference between your teams, and yours is slightly lower. Say you have 1720 and he has 1740 - if you put in 50K petty cash that makes your adjusted TV 1770 - so you get to spend your money on a babe, and your opponent gets a useless 30K in inducements.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I used him in another league recently.

When I received I lined up assassins (3 including the star player) and line men on the LOS and started the first round with 4 stabs injuring and knocking out 2 players(1 of each). I threw 24 block dice during that game and received 152 block dice at me, we both broke armour 12 times.
    If I could tolerate how rubbish the other assassins were out of the box, I would totally try this. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    If I could tolerate how rubbish the other assassins were out of the box, I would totally try this. :)
    A risk free armour rollagainst a blodge ogre with 2 guards stood either side isn't so bad.

It's far from risk free: fail to break armour (and the chances are you will fail to break armour) and the ogre gets to punch your wood-elf-armour-level assassin next turn. The buggers are hard to skill up, so that Ogre will be getting 3 dice against someone without block or dodge to protect themselves.