View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 245 of 415 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 8290
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Hmm from one high scoring division to probably another. Skaven, Skaven, High Elves and Norse.. I'm thinking the norse will be the bash team.
    Oh goodie, squishies!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hi. I'm shown in "Division 9", along with Rhylok. There's no division 9 in the table and there's only two teams listed as being in Division 9. Just to be clear, does that mean there's no room in the league right now and I should come back next season and see if there's a space?

Thanks

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    The spreadsheet still needs expanding to fit in division 9 so it might not be formatted quite right yet (it wasn't originally made with this many people in place!). You've been assigned to division 9 for now. If everyone applies to the right place and there are no missing people, we'll try to get an additional couple of folks in there to make up a full division for you. If someone does fail to apply in time (there's usually one!) we'll bump you up into the higher divisions. Basically, we'll do whatever we can to get you in this season if at all possible. :-)

Obscure Node
    Thanks much. Hoping it works out :D Although there doesn't appear to be a League 9 yet on the client.
    Last edited by Rhylok; 20-05-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Applied for Div. 7.

Oh my. Khemri, Chaos, and Norse. I'm going to have to brush up on my positioning and pray for good armor rolls if I want a chance of success for my Nurglers this season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Somehow promoted! Thank god. I continue to plot another glorious, defeat ridden season in the championship...

Yay for not moving. Looks like I'm up against Jiiiiim's freak lizards again straight away too.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Well, much to my surprise and slight confusion, the Black Bombers seem to have stayed in Div 8, vs Dwarves, Orcs and HElfs this time. After three matches, I've still not had any level ups (doesn't help that I've still not managed to score a single TD), and one of the trolls is out on an MNG for my first match against the Orcs, so things should be... interesting.

"Whaaaaat? By Horace's endless yellow jersey, what is this?" Vinraith stood in the doorway of the dressing room, his bloodshot eyes furiously gazing at a torn piece of paper which he now began to shake in front of his team-mates' faces. The whole team had been gathered for an emergency meeting, right after the results of the last season had been announced by the down-to-earth and battle-worn referee. "What is what?" Fiyenyaa, one of the four sturdy Black Orcs that had joined the ragtag team of Blood Bowl rookies a few seasons before, asked while he was wiping sweat from his temple with the back of one of his enormous hands.

"The results are out, you Snotling!" A vein became visible on the team captain's forehead. "We've been demoted." Chilling silence filled the room. Iron-clad boots were shuffled and massive green shoulders shrugged helplessly. "Come on, that's not so bad" Heliocentric finally muttered, more to himself than in reply to the shocking news. "Not so bad? By Nuffle's dice-filled underpants, that's really really bad! Do you've got any idea what the investors are going to say to that? They'll tear your sorry and ... eh... fantastically muscular arms right from your torso." The last sentence came out with a slightly desperate sound to it. "Did you hear what that Rossignol guy did to little Timmy when he told him that he couldn't pay back the lease costs for his spiked boots this month?"

Of course they had heard of it, everybody had. Timmy, a particularly small and shy Goblin, hadn't dared to go to the smallest room for a week and when he finally did, he had not been able to produce much more than a bunch of blood covered cylindric pieces of metal. "We are done for."

From the far corner of the room sinister agent now began to speak in a calm and restrained manner: "It's not all lost. Most importantly, we need to keep our heads..." "Ha, that would be lovely!" "...and improve on our emergent gameplay. Next season we'll do better." "And what do you suppose we should be doing?" The desperate undertone in the captain's voice was unmistakable. "Grow pointy ears and learn to dodge?"

"No.", agent replied while he casually strode for the exit. "We will concentrate on our strenghts and do what forum members in dire straights do best." Clueless faces all around. "Get me Mr. redox on the phone."

"We will start trolling."
    Last edited by Squiz; 20-05-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Not wanting to psych any of my lovely new division mates out at all, but, although the Black Bombers are yet to score, they do have a satisfyingly large number of injuries under their belts. And deaths. Chaos Warrior deaths, no less.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Undead, Necromancy, Elf, Necromancy.
    Prize of 17 Internet points to the first person to identify the odd one out, no cash alternative.

I am of course monstrously dissatisfied with my recruitment potential. But I'd like to say a few words for The Brain's Elves.

They will be missed.
    In a similar vein, I'm seeing Ogre, Khemri, Wood Elves, Orc.

And that Khemri team happens to be the one that gave my High Elves a beating a season ago.

*glee*

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    I've got a positive difference on cas against you and ninja, though that +6 on your match will change things..

Btw you know it doesn't matter, we will be in the same division again :p

ahahahah.. i truly loled when i saw the fixtures :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    In a similar vein, I'm seeing Ogre, Khemri, Wood Elves, Orc.

And that Khemri team happens to be the one that gave my High Elves a beating a season ago.

*glee*
    Thoese wood elves are mine.
    I already have only nine players and two are off sick for the first game of the season, unless Nuffle takes pity (as if) I may have to start a new team soon enough ;)

I misread that for a moment, thinking you were the Khemri team and claiming the elves as yours to kill in order to fill out your depleted team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    I misread that for a moment, thinking you were the Khemri team and claiming the elves as yours to kill in order to fill out your depleted team.
    I did the same.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    ahahahah.. i truly loled when i saw the fixtures :D
    Our teams should probably do the decent thing at this point and get married.

Not looking forward to Jarvis' Chaos in my first match, but at least I have ~150k in Inducements for it and enough cash in the coffers to hire a replacement or two.

@GC: Google Docs says I don't have permission to access the prev Season 17 sheet form the current one.

Applied to Divisions 8, looking forward to another season of giving my best. Yeah.
    Forum janitor in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Heh, I seem to have a knack for ambigous posting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    The spreadsheet still needs expanding to fit in division 9 so it might not be formatted quite right yet (it wasn't originally made with this many people in place!). You've been assigned to division 9 for now. If everyone applies to the right place and there are no missing people, we'll try to get an additional couple of folks in there to make up a full division for you. If someone does fail to apply in time (there's usually one!) we'll bump you up into the higher divisions. Basically, we'll do whatever we can to get you in this season if at all possible. :-)
    Really appreciated. I have some experience of herding cats - I mean, organising videogames over the internet (used to lead a raiding guild in Wow) - and understand how hard it can be. If there's no room then I understand - best wishes to all and I'll see you in a month or so to check back. If there *is* room, then perfect, am raring to go and not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    Applied for Div. 7.

Oh my. Khemri, Chaos, and Norse. I'm going to have to brush up on my positioning and pray for good armor rolls if I want a chance of success for my Nurglers this season.
    I'm much more afraid to bring my AV7 against khemri, chaos, and nurgle, thankyouverymuch ;)