View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 248 of 415 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I always apply on the search page.
    Lowkey may have overstated it, but that method doesn't always work for everyone so it's recommended to just use the league view page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mechano View Post
    What division is the "you're ok at this game but anyone with above average skill is going to thrash you?" level of player competency?

That's the division I'll belong in.
    You hear that lads? He thinks he's cut out for the champion league.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Tom O'Bedlam is sitting this season out.

Tom_OBedlam @VexingVision really, I announced I was having a sabbatical season. Could you let them know for me? Work have blocked RPS, for some reason.

There you go. I have done my duty.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ok, people are about to get moved about! Anyone else got any changes they'd like to inform me of before I shuffle people around? Just so I don't have to do this more than once? :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I am thoroughly tempted to withdraw grinn from this season too, just so I do not have to face his orcs.

That's not a valid tactic though, is it?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Errm , probably not, but as I'm playing him first, I'm with you on that suggestion ;-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mechano View Post
    What division is the "you're ok at this game but anyone with above average skill is going to thrash you?" level of player competency? That's the division I'll belong in.
    In case my joke-rader is not malfunctioning and this is a genuine question: You start out in the lowermost Division. The top two players from each Division get promoted, the third guy changes from the numbered Divisions into the lettered ones (and vice versa), the last (fourth) player gets demoted.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    In case my joke-rader is not malfunctioning and this is a genuine question: You start out in the lowermost Division. The top two players from each Division get promoted, the third guy changes from the numbered Divisions into the lettered ones (and vice versa), the last (fourth) player gets demoted.
    Not quite - 1st goes up, 4th goes down, 2nd and 3... well: "Depending on whether you are in a 'letter' league or 'number' league, one person will transfer across to the opposing division (ie. 1 to A), with the second from bottom in the number league switching with the second from top in the letter league and vice versa."

My mistake, I assumed it worked that way because of how my last season's Division members were distributed. Thanks for clarifying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    After all that's been worked out groovy removes any dropouts, so if someone above you dropped out you quite often end up getting promoted from 2nd place.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Errm , probably not, but as I'm playing him first, I'm with you on that suggestion ;-)
    Can i know how much td/cas difference me and screwie got on DIV 4?

Just for the record, i need to surpass him one day :D

btw: applied to DIV 3!

Hmm, I thought you did beat me on Cas difference in our first division tie together?

Keen to get cracking on the new season! I've got a few players now on the cusp of levelling up, if they survive long enough.
    Last edited by Screwie; 22-05-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Hmm, I thought you did beat me on Cas difference in our first division tie together?
    Yes, but if i win this league (even if i am aiming to not come last), we will be tied again :p

Ah gotcha :D

And not a chance :P

Seems no ones bothered to move me from div G in the spreadsheet yet so I'm just gonna apply and hope that means I'm still in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Graever View Post
    Seems no ones bothered to move me from div G in the spreadsheet yet so I'm just gonna apply and hope that means I'm still in this.
    Err, confused by this, why would someone move you from DivG? AFAICT, you're still in - looks like you got demoted to DivG from DivF. Unless you're referring to the filtering down of Divs as we get the season started, in which case go ahead and apply for DivG, but keep an eye open here incase an opportunity to just up a Div or two arises...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Not quite - 1st goes up, 4th goes down, 2nd and 3... well: "Depending on whether you are in a 'letter' league or 'number' league, one person will transfer across to the opposing division (ie. 1 to A), with the second from bottom in the number league switching with the second from top in the letter league and vice versa."
    Should I still be in Div E then? I don't mind really, just checking. I understand if the answer is "no, because of reasons that are beyond mortal ken".

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You hear that lads? He thinks he's cut out for the champion league.
    As Chelsea demonstrated on Saturday winning the Champs league is easy :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    Should I still be in Div E then? I don't mind really, just checking. I understand if the answer is "no, because of reasons that are beyond mortal ken".
    Probably, yes. Groovy works out the promotions, then takes into account people who have dropped out, taken a breather, or rebooted their team.
    Drop-outs mean another team from below is likely to be promoted, which will cause a ripple effect in the divisions below.
    Reboots will probably go in a slightly higher division than new joiners, if there's more than one division to put new starts in, on the grounds that it's probably fairer for new players not to have to play veterans for their first match.
    Teams that have taken a breather and returned, sort of... get stuffed in somewhere between where they were when they left, and the bottom of the divisions? You don't want new players with 1000TV teams facing experienced ones with developed teams, that's a recipe for a bloodbath.

So Groovy works all that stuff out, then crosses it out and puts random people into the boxes til they're all filled up, waits to see if anyone notices (they don't; only three people on the planet understand how the promotion and demotion rules work, and he keeps bribing me with slots in high divisions if I keep quiet) and then we start the whole circus again three matches later.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Cheers for the help guys will apply later this evening.