View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 256 of 415 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 8290
    Me and Cyberpunkdreams drew 1-1 last night. It was pretty good fun and he was a great opponent. Also, we both critically failed hard at the end there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    My +St,+Ma thrower was killed by rock throwing fans in turn1 to be apo'd to death.
    Oh God, that's horrible.

Some player deaths are just cruel. I read about the death of a +1 St, block, tackle minotaur being killed by an unassisted rookie elf lineman on the last turn of a lost game. I read somewhere (on here?) about a +2 ST orc blitzer dying on a failed GFI.

Nuffle is a vengeful master.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Yeah, second half can't have been much fun :-/

My ratdogs had a great time though, no injuries (a first for them I believe) and at least three skillups.

Results validated.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Can somebody validate my Div 3 match against Jarvis please? Report forthcoming.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played against Kapouilles halflings with my skaven, his treemen placement was really good and kept the game close. I had real trouble getting the ball away from those st 6 monsters with guard and multi-block. I scored in the first half, then he managed a thrown team mate to score making it even stevens for the start of the 2nd half.

1-1

The 2nd half turned into a brawl which i was rapidly losing. I managed to get a thrower on the ball, and he threw it out to a gutter runner who then skaven'd across the pitch mostly out of reach of the halflings and managed to score next turn. Taking it to 2-1. After kicking to the halflings, they formed a large loose cage and i managed to break one layer of it then dodge 2 gutters next to the ball carrier, an unlucky dodge roll from Kapouille got the ball free for me and one of the gutters ran it in again. 3-1.

With one turn left each Kapouille had to try for another throw team mate, and it worked. But the halfling was one square too far away to run it in, even with the go for its. And so the Skaven were declared the best cheese eaters, this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    And so the Skaven were declared the best cheese eaters, this time.
    I'd like to add that it was quite a fun game, with a lot of victims on each side, lots of spectacular actions and lots of ball fumbling on both sides!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea i really enjoyed it, it was really close til right at the end. I think i will have to retire one player, and one of them died. But linerats are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot) 0 - 1 Barebone Bareboners (Khe, Skydancer)

It was a brutal game that saw KOs and injuries handed out like candy. Skydancer used his Tomb Guardians very well, pinning down my ogres and giving his positionals plenty of room. The first half saw the 'Boners break the ogre squad down piecemeal before running the ball in on the second to last turn; the highlight of the drive came from a Thro-ra living (dying?) up to its name and completing a quick pass in coverage. The ref turned the clock back a turn after the TD, but the Knucklers couldn't convert and thus went into the second half trailing by one.

The field seemed to favor the ogres as they began their drive, but some inept positioning and the presence of the indomitable TGs foiled their run. A turnover at centerfield dashed any hopes for an equalizer, although a last-minute attempt by snotlings to emulate the far more graceful, far more vertical, and far more skilled elves nearly reversed the team's fortunes. Alas, it was not to be, and the game ended with a round of gobbo bashing, including a MNG to the only skilled snotling on the pitch.
    I think that quick pass won me the game more than anything else... If the ball scattered to a snotling I guess the result would have been quite different!

And... I got 4 skillups from our match! How 'bout you?
    Last edited by Skydancer; 01-06-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    But linerats are cheap.
    Not as cheap as HLs :) (but then they can actually do some stuff ;))

Cute Harmless Hippies (Chaos, Jarvis) vs Dread Pool (Dark Elf, me)

This match got off to a brutal start, with Jarvis severely outblocking me and causing 3 Badly Hurts in quick succession. From that point I was outnumbered and unable to strike back effectively. Jarvis successfully stalled to the end of the first half to go 1-0 up.

I had the lone turn 8 to get a quick pass in for an SPP and we set up again to receive for the second half.

Half time: Hippies 1 - 0 Pool

In the second half I pushed down the left flank of the pitch. Jarvis' chosen formation was very clever and really limited the openings I could create with a blitz, and so the chaos bodies pressed in around my cage and slowed my drive to a crawl.

In the end I took a chance, sending my ball-carrying runner through a slight gap on the extreme left and relying on his AG to dodge through tackle zones. It worked, he was only 5 squares from the end zone but completely isolated. Jarvis responded with a beastie blitz, but I used Dump-Off to knock-on the ball into open space and he didn't have the MA to recover it.

The next turn my runner scooped up the ball again, now with a lineman and blitzer following in support. Unfortunately without Jump Up or very springy shoes, my runner couldn't reach the ball and the end zone in that one turn and so left himself open for another blitz. The blitz came and again, the Dump-Off threw the ball into open space to keep the drive alive.

Jarvis had parked two men on the ball and he'd knocked down both my runner and blitzer, so they would not be able to score this turn. With the LoS locked down by Jarvis' team, I wasn't going to squeeze any more support through. So I had to rely on my lineman. He dodged through two tackle zones, picked up the ball despite the opposition marking it (with a TRR assist) and dodged again, making it over the line with a single GFI. Equalised!

So there were three turns remaining and Chaos to receive. With a bit of luck I was confident I could force a tie. Unfortunately my Kicker was Badly Hurt and his unskilled replacement's kick went way wide - landing just over the halfway line in the lap of the beastman Jarvis obviously wanted to lead his drive. Bugger. To rub salt in the wound, the kick off result was a Quick Snap, so Jarvis' team were all over mine already.

I pushed back the beastman drive on one flank, but they created space in the centre and ran through there instead. My elves tried to catch up and blitz them away, but critical die failures and no TRRs remaining cut my turns short. I could only get tackle zones on Jarvis' ball carrier, which he effortlessly pushed away before walking over the line for the victory.

Full time: Hippies 2 - 1 Pool

I'm not too sad about this game. I was more interested in surviving it than winning and as it turned out the match was amazingly injury-free - I had 2 apoths and used neither - so I can't complain. Also I managed to level up 4 of my players (and Jarvis levelled another 2) so it was a solid outing and I'm happy with that much.

Cheers for the game!

PS. Also Jarvis promised me he'd slaughter Kajo so :D
    Last edited by Screwie; 01-06-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Results validated.
    3 skill ups! Thanks ntw.
    Extra arm, mighty blow, and, err, mighty blow! Subtle, we ain't.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Oh God, that's horrible.
    [...]
    Nuffle is a vengeful master.
    The best Murders are turn 16 fouls.
    Its like "Oh hai! I hear your like shoes and breathing, so I put a boot in your throat so you can.... Hai??"
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The best Murders are turn 16 fouls.
    Its like "Oh hai! I hear your like shoes and breathing, so I put a boot in your throat so you can.... Hai??"
    If you don't want to be fouled on turn 16 then you shouldn't be a War Dancer/Witch Elf (delete as appropriate).

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    If you don't want to be fouled on turn 16 then you shouldn't be a Bloodbowl player.
    Fixed that for you.

I am so glad my Dark Elf side won't get dumped in with your Undead next season now you're retiring them, Helio.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    If you don't want to be fouled on turn 16 then you shouldn't be a War Dancer/Witch Elf (delete as appropriate).
    From experience i'd like to add gutter runners to that list. And High Elf throwers. In fact if you're AG4 and you're on the floor someones liable to stamp on your face. Or your legs.

I lost to Dentharial 1-0. I read somewhere that if you fail to score at least two TDs as Skaven you've played badly. In this particular instance they were very right.

Dentharials Orcs received first and right from the off I was in his face taking down the ball carrier three times and slowing his progress to such an extent that he was forced to attempt a pass to score with no rerolls left. This failed miserably so with a full lineup and a 0-0 scoreline I went into HT feeling very confident. Within two turns of HT that confidence had evaporated. A high kick got my designated GR the ball and a blitz down the left created some space to leave me with an easy score next turn. Except I'd cocked up the pocket I'd placed the ball carrier in...... After standing up the knockdowns one push was all it took to open up a blitz (he did have to make an AG3 dodge with no reroll for this to happen) and my blodging GR was crowdsurfed. Pocket fail. The ball was thrown into my half to end the turn. I was able to go back and retrieve the loose ball but was presented with a dilemma. Drop the ball carrier back - reset the attack and push forward next turn (this would leave the ball carrier exposed and 1 push away from a blitz) or push forward and attempt a 5+ pass to a GR in the clear. I went for the second but failed the pass with reroll and the ball was now on the floor at halfway with almost zero protection and most my pieces deep in enemy territory. I managed to harass him enough for the rest of the game, mainly by throwing kamikaze blocks at the ball carrier who was safely inside a four corner cage. This was successful enough to keep the result in doubt till the end. On my last turn my wrodging GR got a free shot at the no skills ball carrier requiring just one GFI to make it. GFI fail. The Orcs were left to stroll the ball over the line.

It was an interesting if somewhat frustrating game. One error cost me dearly but despite only having the ball for two turns I had Dentharial on edge throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    From experience i'd like to add gutter runners to that list. And High Elf throwers. In fact if you're AG4 and you're on the floor someones liable to stamp on your face. Or your legs.
    I'd gladly stamp their legs on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I am so glad my Dark Elf side won't get dumped in with your Undead next season now you're retiring them, Helio.
    Don't get to relaxed, I'm partly going Nurgle because of the synergy of claws and mighty blow.